35 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 11:50 AM by NkoSekirei RSS

Wii U DLC?

Will there be any dlc packs for call of duty black ops 2 wii U edition.

• Re: Wii U DLC?

Ooh boy. Another DLC thread for the history books.

There isn't really any confirmination at the moment. But it depends on how our fan base grows.

Ronin2012

if dlc comes to wii U we'll probably get it

OFCPaul1974

DLC is on wii U i have dlc for Zen 2 pinball! download paid tables on the other day! very smooth process and took minutes on nintendo shop! went to the game, on to the paid content section! ticked the box of the tables I wanted!

Done, money taken from the online account and 15 minutes later I was playing said tables! there is nothing stopping dlc for this game apart from activision themselves!

it's all about the money money money! sing it people!

I think DLC is done to death on here! for me to get it I need to be sure the regular 150 players on all the time who play hardcore so probably 1000 people in total also buy it! I don't really play much core apart from domination and demolition with the odd kill confirmed and hardpoint now an again!

It's only 3000-4000 people at the moment on at peak times on average here in the UK between 8pm-1am GMT maybe more when the USA come online at their peak times when the rest of the world go to bed! Fracturing this up in to those who have and those who don't could mean a struggle to find some games at first.

lets wait until the announcement on here for PS3! i understand that some people say there are less players on PC then Wii U???? so if PC gets it then maybe we will too! can we stop the threads now???

Ronin2012

yeah i was being facetious. When i said "If DLC come to wiiU" i actually meant if the BLOPS2 DLC comes to wiiU. I was in a stupid mood.

I downloaded Zen the other night. Just as i was getting interested the tables would expire. So didnt bother proceeding. They need to draw you in more like giving you 20mins of play time. The way i see it is that if they only give you a couple of minutes play time before you have to buy then maybe they are worried that the game wont hold your attention for any longer than this.

Padiego

There's around 30k players average online on pc. Plus, they can just...you know....make more maps themselves.

I believe, if they are working on DLC for Black Ops 2 Wii u, they aren't giving it much attention because they are busy catering to the larger PS3, XBOX, and PC communities, which is where they get the most money from. What we need to do is put the Wii U on the map. The original Wii, although a good concept in controls, could barely keep up with other systems due to lower quality hardware. This has made a lot of people skeptical about the Wii U when they heard that Nintendo created a high performance gaming console. We need to inform the public that Wii U is a thousand times better than the Wii and that its versital controls and new gamepad kick ass! We need to grow the fan base to see improvement in DLC from Activision, Treyarch, or who ever is in charge of this DLC. It also wouldnt hurt to add some Wii U specific content in DLC to get the XBOX and PS3 gamers to play the Wii U and realize that Nintendo's got their **** togather and they are back in the ring ready to kick Microsoft's and Sony's asses......sorry i might have gotten a little carried away there with that last part.

Torakiki

The question is other.

They promies to us full ezperience.

They are not maintaining that promise.

They' re liar.

And we' re B series players.

That' s the fact.

amychiesist

man, if this many people whinned about children across the world going hungry i bet there wouldn't be so many starving children in the world. STOP CRYING ABOUT DLC! they'll get to it when they get to it. in the mean time, do some constructive whinning!

infinitlag

Torakiki wrote:

The question is other.

They promies to us full ezperience.

They are not maintaining that promise.

They' re liar.

And we' re B series players.

That' s the fact.

How about you have a lawsuit against them. *everyone laughs*

.....Then they remember some guy did that.............

M4GNUM

Dev posted a sticky on the front page.

BlackMetroid95

Ehh...Im pretty partial to DLC. I dont mind that we dont have it, but it would be nice if we did. But, Activision MUST have a pretty damn good reason not to have it for us- porting issues, costs, lack of financial gain- I mean, the Wii U is a pretty capable console- we've seen DLC on other games in its library. What's the deal with COD?

Snowyday

I was talking to a Activison Support agent and the person said its Treyarch who says what Consoles get DLC

Padiego

Activision support isn't even aware the wii had CoDs. Don't trust them. Treyarch may decide which consoles get it, but Activision's the publisher. They can veto the decision. Wait, actually, doesn't raven studios make the DLC maps?

Snowyday

So like A_Trey_U works at Treyarch shouldn't he now if we're geting DLC or is it becuse he isent one of the men with ties

I say be patient. If they dont come out with Wii U DLC in the next year, fire up your Email and keep those hate mails a flyin.  It may not persuade them but its very therapeutic.

McMurphy

The manner in which Nintendo treats digital purchases on the EShop has hindered the process towards Activision opting for download copies of Black Ops 2 and the associated DLC. Currently, digital purchases are tied directly into a particular console rather than the Nintendo Network ID.

Meaning, if you sold your Wii U console to, say, Gamestop and that retailer reformatted the console's memory, the next owner can still access the previous owner's purchases from the EShop. The new owner merely needs to enter the EShop and opt to re-download already purchased items. Naturally, Activision is not thrilled with this idea, and the ongoing issue over whether or not to offer the map packs on the Wii U is out of the developer's hands. This issue is something that will or will not be resolved by the business department.

No, I am not going to drop a source link, nor will I give a name. Suffice to say that there are particular perks to residing in Santa Monica. Take or leave the above information as you see fit.

Gunslingers Clan Founder,

McMurphy

ClonedLF

Juicy.

I wasn't aware of that information. Cheers for that. (Why did I sound british?)

Padiego

Not thrilled? Console locked digital content= more dlc sales because of lack of filesharing like in ps3 and 360. All of my friends have never bought a dlc pack. They all bummed it off someone else. Also, there's a way to transfer your digital purchases to a new wii u ( if your wii u broke , etc.), all you need to do is contact If digital purchases were tied to accounts, that would mean less sales for Activision.

BlackMetroid95

Wow. This post makes some sense. I would'nt be happy about that either. But, what would be the the chance of some guys Wii U breaking down right after getting the DLC, and that person NOT bringing it to Nintendo but to Gamestop, only to have that Wii U refurbished and and the DLC still on the EShop memory?

This is merely a joke.

But yeah, that post makes way more sense than the playerbase one. I mean, im positive now that possibly everyone will get BO2 DLC on Wii U if it was offered. The sheer amount of daily players justify this. Whether or not they will make a profit, i dont know. They would be cheated out of alot of DLC/money with that EShop "glitch". But it would be nice if they give AT LEAST the Peacekeeper. What ever happened to Wii U's first true COD experience...

Aioz

I think treyarch just doesnt know how to treat its customers, if they dont like us speculating about dlc they should just give us a simples yes or no answer, if they are not going to put it onto wii u then why wont they tell us from the very beginning, im not mad about if the dlc is coming up or not, but of the lack of information they have given to us