32 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 5:01 AM by xtraflossy RSS

Bo2 dogs

I think that these cruel animals need to be nerfed because i dont enjoy getting mauled by a dog in one bite! I think they should nerf these dogs to atleast 2 bites to kill!

Comment if you agree

• Re: Bo2 dogs
    badgerboy07

Me and my friend were just talking about the same thing. They shouldn't be so avasive too.

Turtle_Tommy

I think dogs should definetaly be a one hit kill. Its a 1700 scorestreak so it should definetaly be as good as it is. Dogs are also way too easy to kill for them to be a two hit kill.

How often do you even see dogs anyway? They're only unlocked at level 51 and most people don't use their unlock tokens on scorestreaks.

unicronhound

It was the same with Black Ops 1, I highly doubt they'll nerf them now. Also, how often are dogs seen? I usually only see them through care packages, the only other time is when there's campers in/on/around objectives for the extra points, so it only takes around 8 or so kills for them(or less with UAV/Counter UAV/VSAT). I personally wouldn't mind if they went back to W@W dogs where it took a couple bites to kill you(2 being the max), this was you had a chance of fighting back, instead of, "Ooh, puppies, oops I died. Yay, I respawned, let's get to cover, oops I died again"

HaiValPal

Well that's because World at War dogs are unlimited in numbers. Black Ops 1 and 2 have a limited amount of dogs (somewhere around 7 or 8 I believe). If you kill them all, that's the end of the streak.

mrtmb55

I think that I have seen dogs less than 10 times. They are fine as is, not too tough to shoot, hard as hell to knife, but what makes them OP is the guy running behind them gunning you as you are gunning them. As they are the second highest killstreak they should be powerfull.

I perfer the germen sheperds, Those black labs are just mean.

GRIZZ11283

Nerf the dogs lol, this has to be the most stupid nerf cry yet, if they nerfed them then they'd have to move them down the scorestreak, meaning you'd being seeing more than you do now.

unicronhound

The thing about them is they'll usually kill you right after you respawn. Personally if they did 90% damage instead of 100% I wouldn't mind that. But as for right now, before nerfing ANYTHING, they need to fix the issues with the game first, then nerf later.

completely disagree, if anything i think they need a buff..

being that you can kill them, i have had several instances that I got dogs, and all i hear is my dogs getting killed, basically working to get them and for me to only get 4 kills with them, is b.s.

if it was 2 bites to kill, it would be pointless to work for

i think they need a buff, where more dogs are in running around, or the dogs are running around for a longer period of time

dalger22

Imperial_Legend0 wrote:

I think that these cruel animals need to be nerfed because i dont enjoy getting mauled by a dog in one bite! I think they should nerf these dogs to atleast 2 bites to kill!

Comment if you agree

lol.  Freaking whiney little kid.  Dogs are fine.  Stop crying about every little thing.  Get better or go play something else rookie.

There is nothing wrong with them, just shoot them.  They are super easy to kill if you are paying attention.  If you're just running around all crazy like then sure they come up behind you.  Just pay attention.  All the high scorestreaks should destroy people since they are so high to get.  The swarm nerf was silly imo, earning the highest streak in the game should earn you the right to decimate people lol.

Also I've noticed that it's generally the people who cannot get things like dogs and swarms who complain about them.

Why would anyone want to nerf this??

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/49/57/45995749/photos/Pretty-Puppies-/german-shepherd-baby.jpg

ogmantis

I think they are fine the way they are, but i would like to see them maul you more before you die instead of flying through the air and magically giving you a death touch and then moving on.

iEXTERMINATED

if anything they need a buff there too easy to kill mostly when my dogs get called in i average around 6 kills max there to easy to shoot i miss the bo dogs the really tortured the enemy

They're not too bad.  When incoming dogs are announced I usually head to a corner somewhere and take them all out before proceeding.

Dogs are not op, pulling dogs in every game ( that's not late and just causes me to quit the second I join ) they average between 5-10 kills

Compare to past chopper gunners :)

Thembones

Just hide in a corner and wait them out. You do know that they get attracted to gunfire. So camp it out in a corner when you hear one.

illstplaya2live

Well when you get a 17 killstreak, instead of attack dogs would you prefer puppies?

When you call in the puppies they don't bite you or anything, they just follow you around barking at you.. Or maybe the puppies could try and take your grenade  and you and the puppies can play catch...

Get better at the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do use dogs as my (obviously) 3rd tier killstreak. I do not find it OP by any means...Sometimes I'll go to theater mode and go "Are my dogs retarded..?" One tip for the guy on the receiving end, as long as you stick to long lines of sight, the dogs shouldn't be able to kill you. But it is very satisfying to see the 'Warbeast' medal rolling in as a reward for your efforts.

theevilsnuggles

I agree they need to nerf the dogs. Seriously. I use dogs and swarm all the time, actually used an unlock token on both. Before they nerfed the swarm I'd get anywhere from 9 to 10 kills with it. Now after the patch I get 15 to 20. So nerf the dogs so I can go from 6 or 7 kills to 10 to 15 kills with them.

Swanification

Dobs should be buffed up it's way to easy to kill them. Dogs where so much better in black ops 1 !!

TRU11

dogs are useless if you dont have an UAV or vsat up.

they rarely get alot of kills lol.

BryanNnned

i totally DISAGREE with this.. i recently stopped using k9 unit because on average it only gives me 5-7 kills. highest was 11. swarm could easily do 15 on average before the patch.. now its about 10

TF_White_thunder

it is kids like you tht get good stuff to be not good  in near future dogs gets nerfed all because some kid tht cant get them got pissed about them if tht happens like what happened to swarm wtf  will good players use answer tht if they nerf the dogs at least give us good player tht can get them as often as 2 times a match a nuke or something **** kid if u dont like them try to get them urself not ask for them to be nerfed because u suck

theevilsnuggles

The only reason I like the dogs is when I use them in conjunction with the swarm. When you call in a swarm people go into hiding, however with dogs that yes may only net you 5 or 6 kills kills this gets them out of the buildings and into the path of the actual kill streak in my opinion, the swarm. And like I said for me the swarm is better now then before the update but that's just me. I personally don't think the dogs need anything, a buff a nerf or anything else. They should kill you instantly and they should be rather easy to kill. Dogs aren't really meant to be mass killing machines, they're meant to clear houses almost like sheep herding. Today I got dogs and got killed before I got the swarm and only got one kill out of them. That's because the other team was smart enough to know how to avoid them. If I had got the swarm then they have no where to go. That's what dogs are meant for, nothing more nothing less.

TheePamino

Nerfing dogs would be ridiculous. For starters, they are challenging to acquire - 1,700 scorestreak. Moreover, if I am not mistaken there are a maximum of 8 dogs - so take the time to kill a few and the streak isn't so prolific.

I always have Dogs equipped and get them every now and again - 52 times and counting since permanently unlocking them at Prestige 3. I mainly use them for nostalgia purposes, as me and a real life friend would constantly have races to the first set of Dogs back on Black Ops.

xtraflossy

I'll just say a well timed knife attack doesn't kill anything, especially dogs