6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 11:39 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Forum Staff Appreciation Day

CheekyBasterd007

I just wanted to give a shout out to all of our hard working mods & devs.  Thank you guys for your unwaivering support, even in the face of constant criticism and unwarranted personal attacks.  You put up with the most BS of any working proffesional that I have seen, besides school teachers.  Thank you for constantly working to improve our gaming experience, and for keeping use imformed as often as possible.  Blue Skies, and have a fantastic day.  Thank you Foxy, Jeepchick, Cutpurse, and all other staff I have not encountered.  ~Cheeky~

• Re: Forum Staff Appreciation Day
    Jaliy

not sure if sarcasm

CheekyBasterd007

Nope, sincerely wishing them a great day.  Their jobs are hard, and they get no props for their hard work.  They are basically our only way to communicate with the devs, and managers.  So yeah, they deserve a little respect and appreciation, wouldn't you agree?  ~Cheeky~

sdredger

this made me lol

mn7_la

I really wish the Forum Mods should play a bigger role in providing feedback to the dev-team. ATM, it feels like, they're merely a transitory group - that can only really control the posts on the forum.

I feel bad for them when they get bad-posts for the product/service delivered by 3arch & other teams. I wonder if any of the Forum Mods is or used to be a coder or a game-design person.

As is the case with any customer-support team in any corporation - the team here, too, is grossly under-manned & over-worked. My empathies to them.

And I second the OP in commending the Forum-modes for the efforts they put into this & patience that they do have with especially acerbic posts.

MN

PS: Nothing from me for the Development-team, though. The product/service they've provided to me does not match my expectations, sadly.

mn7_la wrote:

I really wish the Forum Mods should play a bigger role in providing feedback to the dev-team. ATM, it feels like, they're merely a transitory group - that can only really control the posts on the forum.

Thats a bit of an assumption isnt it?

On the game forum I moderate I am always flagging posts and info that goes right to the devs. It's a fundamental role for someone who is seeing frontline info. It would blow my mind if that was not happening here.

There is no reason to make it public as it just creates more expectations like" I know Foxhound sent my thread to Vahn so I bet all my issues will be fixed next week"...

Sounds silly but thats the interweb.

Foxhound-Pro

Thanks! I'll pass this thread off to the rest of the moderation staff and Cutpurse.

In true moderator fashion, I'll have to lock it though. It's somewhat off topic.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II