24 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 11:41 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

camping

MW3 and Black Ops II are great games but, I'm becoming totally disgusted with the amount of "camping" that seems to be ever more prevalent. There should be some way to discourage this. I don't know how to eliminate this completely but, there's got to be a way. For ex: maybe you can find some way to deduct points if a player is "stuck" in one place for a given length of time. The game designers should know how to get this done. It really takes away from the game to have this "cowardly" activity so blatently displayed. If I want to go camping, I'll go to a campground.

cheers

• Re: camping
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

So you want the devs to do something for your inability to deal with campers? There are enough tools at your disposal to deal with campers. Use them.

Izjar11

Topsail wrote:

MW3 and Black Ops II are great games but, I'm becoming totally disgusted with the amount of "camping" that seems to be ever more prevalent. There should be some way to discourage this. I don't know how to eliminate this completely but, there's got to be a way. For ex: maybe you can find some way to deduct points if a player is "stuck" in one place for a given length of time. The game designers should know how to get this done. It really takes away from the game to have this "cowardly" activity so blatently displayed. If I want to go camping, I'll go to a campground.

cheers

hahaha the classic complaint vs the defensive player. Will these threads ever really end? Are we doomed to keep seeing these pop up like lag on a good game?

sorry you dont like camping, but who are you to say that people shouldnt camp? you didnt buy their game.. People can play how they want to, if you dont like it, than leave the game or dont play the game at all.

these players in this game think they are something special that everyone needs to play to their liking. like Who are you!?

sorry you dont think its not cool or skilled or whatever, maybe campers dont think run and gun takes skill.. in actuallyity  it doesnt take skill,  you attach ghost, a silencer and a laser sight to a smg and run around and whom ever has the best connection wins

There is the Engineer perks... Tadam! You magically see all the camping gears from miles away!

Anfd there is the UAV and the V-sat, but you gotta work a little for them.

If you level up your weapon enough, you will have access to a sight that let you see thru walls! woohoo!

And you also have the sensor grenade, which are like pocket V-Sat.

Exercise your brain skill a little instead of your trigger skills and you will be alright

il give u a tip to deal with campers just run a noob tube they hate these classes just as much as you hate campers they leave you move on job done

snorubit

Good advice here. They are extremely easy to deal with (although RnG Camper might give you a run for your money!).

My only gripe is when I am saddled with a bunch of what I would call the avg. "campers" who are perfectly content to let a match end on time. Boring to face yes, but a real chore to play with on the same team IMHO.

Take the fight to the other guys and let's control the tempo for some good times!

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

What do you mean I might? I certainly will give them a run for their money. Guaranteed!

I'm not your ordinary corner camper. I will drive you nuts. I will make you pull your hair out. I will make you scream expletives and profanities, your neighbors will call 911.

snorubit

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

What do you mean I might? I certainly will give them a run for their money. Guaranteed!

I'm not your ordinary corner camper. I will drive you nuts. I will make you pull your hair out. I will make you scream expletives and profanities, your neighbors will call 911.

Lol. This reminded me of the Conan quote [movie]:

What is best in life Conan?

To crush your enemies. To see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.

obzi

So you can hit a moving target ok but not a stationary one, how does that work exactly?

If campers are poor they're an easy kill especially because you know exactly where they are, if they're  good you just avoid them.

If you didn't keep going back time after time getting killed again and again campers wouldn't camp so if you think about it, your part of the problem.

rankismet

Topsail wrote:

cheers

Welcome to the forums...

... I take it you are new to COD, too?

TA has bent over backwards to placate the waa-he's-camping-and-I-keep-dying crowd.

SitRepPro

By the attachments and how the perks work yes.  Always amuses me how dark some rooms are so room campers with akimbo B23R pistols can perform their definition of marksmanship.

Restore_Hardcore

They killed ghost and give you every took to flush them out and you still can't kill em? Really?

TheSurgeon83

I can't be arsed to retype previous posts on the subject, but if you can't deal with campers you're doing it wrong. They are easier to deal with in this game than any previous title.

JSlayer211

This is the kind of mentality that has BO2 failing as a game right now. There are those that wish to dictate "the right way" to play the game when in actuality people should be allowed to play in whatever way they enjoy the game w/o breaking the rules. It's really too bad that the developers are catering too this as well, it will only serve to alienate gamers from the franchise and shrink the already dwindling playerbase.

To be honest camper bother me as much as me playing with the B23R, So not very much. because campers are pry some of the worste players in call of duty. most people i have come across only killed me 2 times at most on this game when camping i have a class called (CAMPER SMACKER) and i notice someone is camping and i destroy them no problem. Dealing with campers is not something i worry about. thing i worry about most on this game is the LAG!!!!! when i got 4 bars?!?!?!

Last night i was playing on mirage and this guy was camping in one of the buildings with claymore set on both doors and i was not able to get in yeah he got me twice than i swtiched my class and threw two flashes and 2 RPG's in there and he was done for.

Campers never kill me more than 2 times unless im just not caring. don't worry about campers. i don't camp because i find it really boring to sit there in one spot for to long.

Rednecksniper39

Get over it.

jaysonsp

Most games i am in there is a battle for map control.   If one team holds down an area why is that camping? if a guy is in a room getting kills with a sniper he is a good sniper,  but if that same guy is in a room getting kills with an AR he is a camper, it's ridiculous. 

Maybe some people dont find running around a map foolishly getting shot in the back is fun.  If you are not smart enough to figure out how to get somebody camping then that's on you.  

Let people play the way they want to play.  It's just a game

I still to this day dont understand why people camp. If thats your play style, all the power to you. Have fun getting 5 kills a game lol thats my out look on it.

spanky'smonkey

what makes you think campers are only good for 5 kills. my average game is 15 the good games are 25+. it's funny how these RnG guys assume campers are always weaker lower skilled players. many of us can run and gun just as well as you can. we also like to let you serve up the free kills when you want it oh so bad.

rankismet

RnG = SMG, Shotgun, Pistol only.

Mix it up = AR (some RnG) some spot and shoot.

Hold an area/lane = LMG, Sniper

I vary how I'm playing by the map and the weapon.

snorubit

Not to disagree however- experience. You rely on the other players to come to you. If they don't you have no targets. If they do, they are knuckle heads.

I have run across far more "less agressive" players that post single digit or low double digit scores. Very unremarkable players. The players that stick out in my mind are the ones that keep me on my heels and they typically also post the big numbers.

Congrats on your success but keep hoping the obtuse players land in your lobby; based on some of the posts here you should have no problems.

If you lag me I will Camp and bring the fight to me on my terms, that way I can compensate for the lag.

Sorry if you rushers start crying because you cant take advantage of the lagfest all the time.

If I cant get kills or hitmatks even if I have set up a kill zone then I will be gone.

Like RnG I will remain till winkled out or I feel its time to go then start all over again lol.

No lag I will mix it in the streets lag= camp my ass off

Foxhound-Pro

Camping discussion. Such a round-about that does little for our community. I encourage you to search though. We've had this discussion many times over.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II