32 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 6:03 PM by NoLifeKing29 RSS

Is the DLC honestly worth 1200 points?

linkinplb

Im on the fence about getting the DLC. 1200 points is nothing IMO, but at the same time I'm a careful shopper sorta speak. Now that its been a week and the coolness has worn off a little, Do you feel like it was worth your 1200 points? I ask this, cus I bought ELITE for MW3 last year and barely ever played the new maps(didnt care for them) and felt buyers remorse afterwards.

• Re: Is the DLC honestly worth 1200 points?
    Ss78_

1200 is a bit much if you don't play zombies and 800 would be a more reasonable price. I like the new maps myself and the gun is just another smg, nothing special. Have a look at some fly through videos and make your own mind up.

gdexter

Short answer - yes

Long answer - yes it is

snorubit

IMHO the new maps are just kind of "meh". Their real value is that they are different. I don't much care for Grind at all but most seem to like it so it gets voted up quite a bit.

Mirage, Hydro and Downhill are marginally better.

Just me and your mileage may vary but I have began playing core and just playing them when they come up in the normal rotation.

If you had to ask that question then it probably isn't worth it.

Perry1188

I have gotten big into the zombies with this edition of the game, so if you plan on spending a fair amount of time playing that then I would say it is worth it. If you are likely never to touch it, I am not so sure it is worth ~15 bucks to be honest.

CowboySr

I dont like zombies, as I like to sleep at night. That said, outside of grind, the other 3 maps are worth 5 bucks a peice. The peacekeeper has its place for specific maps. So yes.

i1cooldaddy

I dont play zombies and its still worth it to me.  Its all personal preference but grind to me is a great map.

NoLifeKing29

All of the maps are better than 90% of the launch maps, and there is a new gun, yes its worth it.

If you play Black Ops 2 and nothing else then probably yes. If you suffer from lag more than having a good time then no.

It is rather pricey and I don't even play zombies. I mean, you pay more on the DLC than the game if you purchase all of it and don't buy the season pass. I think it should cost £20 for a season pass and £7-8 per DLC. I would spend £35 on a whole brand new top title game not just new maps for a game I've already spend £40 on.

JSlayer211

This pretty much sums up my feelings about it. Not to mention the death of clan ops. Atleast on MW3 the clan ops and prizes were a very nice addition to the gameplay. With almost zero incentive to do clan ops now, the bang for my buck on the season pass seems almost nonexistent. I really couldn't care less about the one new gun as MW3 had 9 more weapons than this whole title right out of the box. But people being so eager to pay more for less is a scary notion for what the future of CoD holds.

SitRepPro

JSlayer211 wrote:

I really couldn't care less about the one new gun as MW3 had 9 more weapons than this whole title right out of the box. But people being so eager to pay more for less is a scary notion for what the future of CoD holds.

Perhaps but there was often less variety between weapons.  As a heavy gunner there are only two LMGs worth bothering with - the MK46 and the L86 when that has grip and thermal attached.  And the AA-12 was useless, so make that 8.

gallp13

Yep.....

I think the only value in the new maps is that they are something different. As far are they worth it. No. If I hadnt already bought the season pass I wouldnt buy another DLC without seeing the maps on youtube first. Same ol maps. You can go right, left, or up the middle. One side of Hydro is exactly the same as the other side of Hydro. Just plain out boring to me. The maps I do like seem to never come up in HCTDM. I have only played the snow map 2 times in atleast 6 hours of gameplay, and Mirage has come up a little more but few and far between.

Make up your own mind, but if your like me you will be very disappointed. I always love when DLC's come out as it is something fresh, but getting tired of your only options to be right,left, or down the middle. Usually the middle having a building to go through. Whoohooo. No thought were put into these maps whatsoever.

hairybubba1963

To me it isn't a good value.

This game needs more large maps to balance all the small / medium maps that it shipped with. Not to mention those of us that just flat don't play zombies and don't want to start.

Not that it will ever happen, but I think they should at least separate the zombie DLC from the pure multiplayer DLC. I've been forced to buy zombie content far too long just the get new multiplayer maps IMO.

McZOMBI

If the money isn't a problem as you say then get it. It's a good pack and the maps put a lot of the originals to shame. Grind is one of the best looking maps in COD imo and the others are pretty solid. If you plan on playing BO2 all year then I'd say it's value anyway.

It's just money, but you should think about if you want to support 3arc.

After seeing the latest livestream and the way they avoided all questions except for ones that had nothing to do with popular issues, I wouldnt.

I bought the season pass early on, so they already got me.

CowboySr

Got me too, but the 3/4 maps are good.

JSlayer211

At first, I thought Elite Premium was a rip-off but then I saw the Season Pass and felt good about my purchase. Maybe next year's CoD DLC content will be so bad that they both look stellar. I think people were more hyped about this map pack because the original maps out of box were just so God awful that they wanted the game to redeem itself in some form or fashion. However, it was pretty much just the same style of small maps. People say Grind is good-ish, but when I see it, it just looks like another small map with major death hole in the middle. All maps filled to the brim with headglitching spots and barrels on every corner. Of all 4 of the maps, Mirage may have appeared the biggest to me, but was still small. Fish in a barrel, the future of BO2.

P.S.- I would REALLY avoid 99% of all commentators opinions on the map packs and game in general. For most of them, CoD is how they pay their bills. So speaking against it only hurts themselves, they honestly need/have to keep it amped up to keep people watching/subscibing/ etc. All things considered, the only person that can answer this threads question is the one that posed it. If you do get it, please come back and let us know what you though.

Jsouth71

I think the maps are better than the ones released with the game...

djtn

Should you get it? Yes. Is it worth the price? No. But they could charge 5000 ms points for it and people would still buy it. Realistically speaking, you're buying a break from the boredom and repetition of the same old maps over and over again.

tommyguns3434

The maps are great and If you play a lot then it's worth buying them.  If you don't then there is no point in getting them. 

rrclimber

Hell no. I am still trying to give them a fair shake but the only only one I am starting to like a little is the snow map. Even that is pretty much garbage. Same old same old from these guys. Team Death Match is quickly becoming just like Gears of War. The way they try to force you to play, I am suprised they don't just make a small open square and just have us all do barrel rolls and blast people from one side to the other with shotguns. This game is going downhill fast. Sad really.

In my honest opinion:

I like all the maps.  I think they did a good job on them.  Don't care for the new gun, but that's my opinion.  I just don't use SMGs .. I messed around with it, and I can say it is a good gun .. just not for me.

I never play zombies, so I could care less about that, but from what I hear from some friends, it's good too.

With that said, is $15 (1200 points) a fair price?  I personally think - no.  I think $10 (800 points) is a more fair price.

But hey, it is what it is .. If you like the game, it's a nice addition.

jwaller123

For everything that comes in it..Yes it's worth it. The maps are ok but not great in my opinion. (maybe I just need to get used to them more as I haven't played much since they came out)

mrnice4884

The first question you should ask yourself is do you enjoy playing zombies? Because if you don't the price tag for the dlc standalone is a bit high. If you are zombies fanatic, you should definitely buy the pack. The new gamemode Turned isn't all that exciting and can only be played at Diner, however, Die Rise is one of the most exciting zombies maps ever and has some pretty exciting buildables and achievement unlocks including the insane 4 person easter egg challenge. If what many people are believing will be true, that tranzit, die rise, dlc2, dlc3 will make up a massive "tranzit", it will be an essential map to have inorder to play it. This is mainly a theory believable because at both locations you can build a navcard and insert tranzit card into the die rise one.

In terms of the multiplayer maps, you have to ask yourself if you're a sniper. If not then you will not enjoy Downhill all that well. Personally, I loved Grind and believe many people enjoy this map because of the fast action enivornment. You'll probably enjoy Mirage a bit too, accessible to both playing styles. I was a bit disappointed about Hydro though and for me I hate Downhill but understand that someone who snipes might enjoy it. Therefore would you buy the map pack if you will like one extremely (ie. Grind), one pretty decent (ie. Mirage) and two so-so. Also, I really like the peacekeeper and use it as a secondary weapon part of the overkill card. It's great close combat.

If you're a zombie nut then you'll want to get the season pass, like i said because of the mostly likely possibility that the dlc maps complete a massive tranzit and the fact that its arguably the best zombie map ever.

NoLifeKing29

I bought the season pass right when I saw that GTA V was delayed, to no real surprise. I'm happy with my purchase, I will be playing BO2 till at least June or July. 100 bucks for one game that lasts me for 8 months is perfectly acceptable. It beats buying 3 new games 2 of which dont even last a month ala RE6 and AC3.