19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 2:20 PM by DROLECI RSS

Just me or has the sniper rifle ruined the experience in this game?

Crazer54

In my opinion, the sniper rifle has ruined any of the fun that I was having with multiplayer. I joined a game yesterday that had 5 players running and gunning with their sniper rifles. I don't care to play golden guns when I don't seem to have the bullets to counteract their magic bullets. I wish Treyarch would take no scoping out (Dead Horse, I know) and make the snipers more realistic. Anybody else ran into the squadron of teams that only have snipers on them? I haven't been on the forums in a long time, so if there is a forum for this stuff, let me know.

Thanks,

Crazer54

• Re: Just me or has the sniper rifle ruined the experience in this game?
    Out

I wouldnt say Snipers ruined the game

I have been in a few matches where the other team was mainly snipers (4 out of 6) and maybe a game or two with more than 4

unless they are working together and covering each others backs ..i dont have much of a problem with dealing with several snipers on most maps ........Turbine is probally the hardest map for to deal with when i encounter teams of snipers

I do wish Snipers could play as a Sniper should ......staying hidden  and not be forced to always be on the move ......

Draxumis

Im not a sniper fan but you have to try it its not easy to do.We have rune in to it in a few rounds Thats when I go to scorpoin or pdw and run and gun.Remeber every one has a diffrent play style not all are liked like some times my team will run rockets only oh man ppl get mad.

Izjar11

Crazer54 wrote:

In my opinion, the sniper rifle has ruined any of the fun that I was having with multiplayer. I joined a game yesterday that had 5 players running and gunning with their sniper rifles. I don't care to play golden guns when I don't seem to have the bullets to counteract their magic bullets. I wish Treyarch would take no scoping out (Dead Horse, I know) and make the snipers more realistic. Anybody else ran into the squadron of teams that only have snipers on them? I haven't been on the forums in a long time, so if there is a forum for this stuff, let me know.

Thanks,

Crazer54

Ruined nothing. Your failed counter is exactly that a failed lesson as to what not to do. Yes, I have ran into them I figure a way to outflank them.

En1gma_C0d1ng

I would say quickscoping is abusing the one hit kill power of the sniper rifles which indeed is retarded, only way for me to kill them is to dropshot, noobish move, I know, but I have no other tactics against them. If Treyarch could increase the ADS in-time, that would definitely make QSing a lot more harder. TBH, I love to play against a whole team of quickscopers, most of them have mics so whenever I dropshot them, I love to hear them say: "What THE HELL".

fuman191241

I will agree with you 100% I used to drop shot on quick scoopers all the time love to hear them complain like little babies. As someone who has used most rifles with scopes on them in the field I am telling you quick scoping is impossible in real life I've used everything from the 8 mm German sniper rifle to a Remington  270. And quick scoping is not an option but dropping to the ground when someone shoots it you is a most natural thing in the world to why these will snipers complain about it I can't figure that out you do some natural and you're wrong they do some that's impossible because it's a videogame and they think they're great. Only in America that it's not true as there are morons all over the planet.

ghamorra

I wouldn't go as far to say that it ruined the game. I am disappointed that I can't consistently find matches to snipe like a real sniper in. The quickscoping in this game is unreasonable though. I'm seeing more WTF moments with QSers than I have in any other CoD.

BukLau101

I thought 3arc did a good job with snipers in this game. There is no slight of hand pro or quickdraw, aim assist doesn't kick in until you are fully scoped in and the actual weapon balance seems pretty decent.

03SuicideNooch51

And how often do you see these guys at the top of the charts winning matches? Hardly ever... It's always the guys running and gunning with PDWs... etc. Stop being mad because you died once or twice and let someone with a sniper rifle get the jump on you.

ridho

Why do you think that it ruins CoD?

Most people give one of these two arguments:

-It's not realistic.

Well, Call of Duty multiplayer is not supposed to be realistic. It isn't based on realism but on balance. There are hundreds of things in the game that aren't realistic, so what?

-It gives you an unfair advantage, because you can kill from both short and long range (it's OP).

But so can AR's! You can consistently outsnipe snipers with AR's. Ask anyone who snipes a lot if they do better with a sniper or a regular gun. Almost everyone will do better with an AR

Quickscoping actually balances the snipers.

Try consistently getting a good score with a sniper, either with or without quickscoping. You'll notice that it's actually a lot harder than using an SMG/Assault Rifle. Without quickscoping it's almost impossible to consistently get good a good K/D.

I challenge you to get a nuclear using a sniper as your primary. Good luck with that, only the best will be able to do that (while lots can do it with an smg/assault rifle).

Sas-quatch84

Its about 50-50. I use to love playing the sniper role in blops 1. you could stay hidden (or what the whiners call camp) be off the radar, Kill your target and move on. Now you have to be on the move the whole time. Not really alot of time to find a spot and get set up in it. Plus the maps are so small that the lines of sight in this game are horrible. Best Sniping map for blops 1 was Array in my opinion. In blops 2 , maybe Turbine. And since people are on the move the whole time, all you see is qs/no scopers. To challange all theses guys i run into i use the SMR. 2 hit kill at any distance, anywhere on the body. It might be considered cheap but its effective

ehess001

"Proper" Sniping doesn't bother me a bit, quick/no scope does irritate me tho. But my real problem with the sniper rifles in this game is the fact that there is nearly no recoil! Can anyone explain how someone can fire 5-6 shots from a rifle like that and stay on target? To me this is even more unrealistic than no scope shots. I've never been a nerf this/buff that fan, but give me a break...

03SuicideNooch51

No recoil lol? I hope you're not referring to any of the bolt action snipers... you could increase the recoil x1000 and it wouldn't change anything.

Unless you're refering to the SVU which would be complete garbage if you added more recoil  to it. A supressed SVU cant even kill someone with a headshot. It requires at least 2.

I hate QSers and think it's ridiculous, BUT, it is very hard to actually snipe correctly on these small maps because as soon as you shoot 1-2 shots everyone on the other team knows where you are and comes to get you. 

The maps being so small unless you are very good and aware of things you're probably going to get C4'd through a windows or whatever.  Everytime I get sniped, I flank around and throw a C4 in their room and 9 out of 10 times kill the guy.

3arc kinda forced running and gunning with snipers by their map design.

1WizardGuy

The other spectrum on the argument is that quickscoping is needed to counter the high speed run 'n gun tactics. No they don't have quickscoping in the real world, but they don't have run 'n gun either.

The fact that a PDW or MP7 can kill in seconds across insane distance make quickscoping a needed tool.

As always...if you don't like it then learn to counter it. There are half a dozen methods (smoke, target finder, dead silence and a shotty, etc).

I don't have much sniper trouble, I usually c4 them or flank them usually works.

mn7_la

OP:

I never liked QSers (annoying, as hell) and the concept even.

I tried it (QS-ing) on MW3 (if you can't beat them, join them) - and I wasn't able to. I can only hard-scope for the life of me - and sticked with it (whever I played Sniper, still remember the AS-50 from MW3 - really like it).

On BO2 - I got my Snipers to diamond - and it would be a lie if I said I got all of my kills by hard-scoping. Especially with the OHK Snipers like the DSR - I felt far more at ease with moving around & scoping in & out multiple times in a span of 2 or 3 seconds - than laying prone in a sniper-nest. And with the SMG-Snipers (yeah, that's what I call the SVU & XPR) - its' easier to remain scoped - and shoot (press the R1 repeatedly) really fast (hoping just one or 2 of my sniper bullets register on the target *before* I'm dead).

If you really feel annoyed at Snipers - my tip: try using a Sniper rifle. This, from a player that's not really good with the Sniper (can't really QS) and still managed diamond-camo.

MN

mrtmb55

Best counter is light weight and no primary, dolphin dive and jump. get up close and cap his ass with the b23r.

I was up against a well organized clan that all used snipers. Man that sucked, they covered every alley way and pushed us back into our spawn. I stuck it out for another game, but then had to leave (I hardley ever leave) They were just too much for me. lol

I don't have too many problems with snipers.  I use the Stock attachment on all of my weapons and mastered the habit of strafing and shooting making me harder to hit while tagging them.  I also run with ghost and flanking them is easy.  One EMP to drop their surrounding claymores, bettys and shocks just makes it cake.

Snipers got a little balanced in this game with the changes to Ghost.  It was worse in MW3 when you couldn't see them visually or on the map for an entire game.  Especially in hardcore.