27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 7:18 AM by r33k RSS

Reply to kill confirmed tag stealing?

i1cooldaddy

I guess this topic is closed but it just pisses me off that people consider it stealing when u shoot someone and your TEAM MEMBER gets the tag before you.  How can you u be this stupid? Its a team game.  Team members get my tags all the time and I'm fine with it!!! U know why? Because its about winning the objective.  Its not stealig.  Any dumb **** that says otherwise needs to go play another game. Your probably the reason your team loses.  If your on my team go for the damn tags.  My complaint is more with the ones that dont go for them.  LOL, i have even seen 2 players diving for them when no opponents are around. LOL!!!  Jeez. 

• Re: Reply to kill confirmed tag stealing?
    zandelar001

its a touchy subject, if im sniping, then i expect people to collect my tags for me, but if i kill a guy, and run to get his tag less than 30 yards away, and a team mate runs up beside me and dolphin dives for my tag that i need to call in my score streak, then yes im gonna get pissed, he obviously knew it wasnt his kill, and he went out of his way to take my reward, so im gonna be upset, and probably spend the rest of the match following him around firing an unsupressed lmg in the air and giving his location away to the enemy.

bigfoot0666

yeah i would rather they collect mine than the usaul which is run right by them when they are right nxt to them and they are in no danger of being killed im not a great player but surely this his is aim of this game mode

I would rather ppl took my tags than totally ignoring them like in MW3 just to make the game longer ! So they can go for their stupid M.O.A.B

Just play Hardcore.

Steal my tag, feel my SMAW.

NiteFalken

Most kills confirmed clan ops this saturday, so stealing tags was probably pissing folks off.

TheSurgeon83

Most of the time I don't care, but if I'm close to my AGR-Chopper-VSAT combo one tag makes a huge difference, and once that lot comes out then there will be tags everywhere and red arrows to help my team out. It's better if I'm playing with mates as we can leave tags for each other if one of us is close to out scorestreaks and we won't rush for each others tags.

At the end of the day, it's winning that counts and that's what I care about so I won't get too pissed about it. Better they rush to get them than run straight past like MW3.

RexxCastle

I run after EVERY tag, i have seen FAR FAR FAR too many times where i ran the other way thinking my teammate was going to get his tag to either A. Watch him run away because he's only kill whoring or B. get shot on the way to it because he tunneled.   I go after tags regardless now.  If you don't like it go play another game mode.

TheSurgeon83

There's a guy like that in our clan, he thinks it's really helpful but he actually dies a LOT in the process of running out all the time and while he does get a lot of confirms, he also gifts the enemy a lot of tags. We win the game by a bigger margin playing my way and being a bit more tactical than we do when he's with us.

The way I look at it is this, take Raid as an example, if I come up the steps from the swimming pool to see what's going on and there is an enemy across the garden, I'll shoot him, however running across there is a 90% guaranteed suicide so I'll keep moving and call out the tag to my team, if it's still there when I get round there I'll confirm it. By blindly running after every tag, I could end up gifting the enemy team tags. I'm also not going to just not shoot someone because of where the tags may fall.

deamonomic

I understand where your coming from. I try not to get too upset. its a waste of time better spent shooting the enemy. besides, its a team game, as long as I am doing well and my team wins I dont care. EXP is meaningless to me. i should mention that im usualy the one with the most tag collects so maby thats why I dont mind so much

If you don't like teammates picking up your tags, then don't play Kill Confirmed.

gomez615

If someone's strategy is to not kill enemies (or can't) and primarily picks up tags to get scorestreaks, they're gonna have a rough time.

If I rush to pick up a tag and get in the way of the guy whose kill it was, that's not intentional. The tag was probably out in the open and I was trying to collect the tag and get back in cover. It also depends if it's a close game or not. If it's close I'm getting every tag I see no matter what because we need them. If we're up by 30 tags, I'm more inclined to let them go if I'm not close to any streak.

It's not like your teammate can see you're close to a killstreak and intentionally takes the tag to stop you. But if it was that way, that would happen. A lot.

It's like yelling at your teammates for helping you cap a Dom flag if you got more points for capping it yourself. Try using your mic and asking you team not to take the tag because you need it. That probably won't work and your random teammate will troll you but we can always hope.

Good post OP.

I prefer my team grabs my tabs, especially when score streaks are used, nothing better then having your team scoop up all your tags to keep your score streak going.

If you play it as a "team" mentality and everyone is eager for getting the tags regardless of who gets the kill, everyone has an enjoyable experience and WINS.

Do you prefer a team that does not get the tags, walks past them because they are yours, you get shot and killed as you go to collect "YOUR" tags only so the enemy can scoop them up? I'd rather have my entire team fighting to grab every tag then "hope" buddy can get his own without getting killed.

deamonomic

IllusionGames wrote:

I prefer my team grabs my tabs, especially when score streaks are used, nothing better then having your team scoop up all your tags to keep your score streak going.

If you play it as a "team" mentality and everyone is eager for getting the tags regardless of who gets the kill, everyone has an enjoyable experience and WINS.

Do you prefer a team that does not get the tags, walks past them because they are yours, you get shot and killed as you go to collect "YOUR" tags only so the enemy can scoop them up? I'd rather have my entire team fighting to grab every tag then "hope" buddy can get his own without getting killed.

the other night I was playing KC getting close to my orbital and I yelled (jokingly) Stop stealin me tags! i want my orbital! to which my team responded "come grab mine"

I find that the only time I get a lot of tags is when I'm running with a shotgun or SMG and am really mobile. When I'm using LMG, AR, etc. I really don't expect to get a lot of my tags since most of my kills are further away. It's not that big of a deal to me though. Some teammates will pick up my tags, while I'll pick up theirs. If they want to kill me for that, then they will get booted.

Optimusbanana93

It's a little entertaining taking team mates tags and watching the crack a hissy fit and shoot you until they get booted hahaha.

I agree with you completely on it being the team tags, but there are quite a few situation that people shouldn't steal your tags.

The one that gets me most is when I save a team mate from being killed and they thank me by taking the tags.

McZOMBI

It's kind of the same concept as 'stealing kills' which I find hilarious as how can that even exist? Don't get me wrong; I'm not going to barge you out the way to take a tag but if I'm closer I'm taking it in case we both get killed suddenly. PTFO.

Okay, here's the thing. KC is supposed to be a team objective matter. I don't think it would matter if someone else gets the tag because I'd much rather somebody get the tag and step us closer to a win than nobody. Even if the dude is right next to me... go ahead. I prefer a win over worrying about scorestreaks anyday considering this is supposed to be a team based game mode. Its the kill whores I hate who just kill and don't even worry about the tags. The reason I don't play demolition anymore.

I have mixed feelings on this..

I hate when someone returns the flag after i kill the the flag runner.. i feel like those are my points, but it is a team based game, so if i cant get to it fast enough, i would want someone to bring the flag back, i guess it depend on player placment..

i for one, will not bring the flag back if i see that a player killed the flag carrier, ill let him get his points..

but i can be a few feel away from the enemy flag carrier that I killed, and some d bag with swoop in and get the points for the return.... pisses me off

Restore_Hardcore

If I'm close to the guy who gets the kill and no enemy is present then I let him grab his tag. Common sense needs to be applied and I hate when my teammate grabs my tag when it's obvious I was going for it. It's a touchy subject, be a teammate, not a jerk.

Izjar11

i1cooldaddy wrote:

I guess this topic is closed but it just pisses me off that people consider it stealing when u shoot someone and your TEAM MEMBER gets the tag before you.  

I agree with this 100% its about winning, as long as your team gets the tags *yours or not.

r33k

i WANT people to pick up my tags. let them be the target. in partucluar if i can setup a sentry gun on a choke point. FREE TAGS FOR ALL. COME GETTEM WHILE THIER HOT.