12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 5:47 PM by Izjar11 RSS

A bad egg, a bad bird.

Izjar11

COD,

Does the next COD title need a new game designer? Isn't about time a new company outside IW, Treyarch to come in and changes things around with this title?

Is it coincidence this games playability (connection) is buzzed. I do hope COD continues but I also hope that Activision catches the hint towards a new developer.

Till then Lagops2 it is ~ see that I made fun of the title, never tend to do that! A PSN friend has this name as his PSN shout out"

Cheers COD

• Re: A bad egg, a bad bird.
    ChestSplittah

I want no part of SH action adventure crap.

robbierocket

Here's how I think COD [MW-WAW-MW2-BO-MW3-BOII] has gone:

excellent-brilliant-verygood-fair-poor-belowaverage, OR in numbers,

9, 9.5, 8, 6, 3, 4

Plot these points on a graph, draw a line of best fit and whatever curve you end up with will predict the next COD to be worse than 2-3 games it's elder by 4-6 years.

Just putting out new maps for older games would've kept COD alive.

Now each COD respawn is as satisfying and dependable as the respawns in-game.

Izjar11

robbierocket wrote:

Here's how I think COD [MW-WAW-MW2-BO-MW3-BOII] has gone:

excellent-brilliant-verygood-fair-poor-belowaverage, OR in numbers,

9, 9.5, 8, 6, 3, 4

Plot these points on a graph, draw a line of best fit and whatever curve you end up with will predict the next COD to be worse than 2-3 games it's elder by 4-6 years.

Just putting out new maps for older games would've kept COD alive.

Now each COD respawn is as satisfying and dependable as the respawns in-game.

Its prototypical with very popular video games to sort of implode as the dev's do more and more. Take for example: Super Mario, incredibly effective it was fun and had "secrets" its become a fiasco of go-carts, fps's, and what not.

CODs future as a game is changing and depending who the next team of dev's to come aboard Activision needs to PAY more money to a better team!

Did anyone see that live stream from Vahn" with caleb and some other tool? Dude Vahn" the one whos is backing this game, threaten the two dudes playing twice about losing their jobs on air~! WHAT A D--------

hopefully the Neversoft rumors are true (been to their site lately?)

seen this on twitter earlier today, hopefully its not a cryptic tweet:

Steve Holmes @SteveH_    

Followed by Infinity Ward

Loving the new @InfinityWard  building so much I came in on a Saturday! Oh and making games is fun. And I have a lot to do. OK. I said it.

barneykiller

The day they do have another DEV team is the day I will buy a COD game again.

Your cries fall on deaf ears. I actually enjoy the game, but I digress. Every year COD keeps getting bigger. More sales, more DLC, more whatever. Because just as the few hundred to maybe 1000 of you guys leaving, 100,000 13 year olds get the game for the first time on christmas. that is a 900% increase in sales. So Treyarch, Activision, Sledgehammer, Infinity Ward, whoever makes this, don't care about what is going on in the game. They care about what SELLS. If EVERYONE left the game it would force innovation on activision's part to get customers back. But they are comfortable with their huge incomes and know that you people that leave the game mid-life-cycle are still going to buy the next one, year, after year, after year.

Izjar11

Because just as the few hundred to maybe 1000 of you guys leaving, 100,000 13 year olds get the game for the first time on christmas. that is a 900% increase in sales

This has got to be one of the best business explanations I've seen that sounds WAY false.

So Treyarch, Activision, Sledgehammer, Infinity Ward, whoever makes this, don't care about what is going on in the game. They care about what SELLS.

Look our views on what is normal business varies from reading your reply. Though I am not happy with the current state of "connectivity" with the game, this game sells because how could you mess up a already solid franchise? How, its a turnkey business from previous titles,. what I find amusing is how do they not improve on that portion of the game.

f EVERYONE left the game it would force innovation on activision's part to get customers back. But they are comfortable with their huge incomes and know that you people that leave the game mid-life-cycle are still going to buy the next one, year, after year, after year.

I know what your sayin' xpsycho and thats what will happen if we remain silent!