19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 10:36 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

PROBATION 3rd time in 15minutes. Please Fix.

I have been put on probation 3 times in 15 minutes for team killing. It isnt intentional. Sometimes your teamates just run into you bullet spray. This is an erratic game. These things happen.

If I keep getting put on probation , I am goin to sue trey arch.  I know I will not win. But I will at least get it recognized on tv and  local media.  Im tired of not being allowed to play a game that I paid for.  There was no warning label on game stating that arbitrary rules would be included in this game and that at their whim, I wouldn't be allowed to play.   Had I known about this feature, I wouldn't have bought this game.

Trey Arch knows once you break the seal, you cant return the game. This is horse ****. Plain and simple horse ****. I have to abide by a rule that I didnt know existed. If this probation thing isnt deal with. I will go on craigs list and create warnings and rants.  I will let people know the type of crap they have to deal with after shelling out 60 dollars for a game. Shelling out money for xbox live, and then their internet bill, just to not be able to play their game !

• Re: PROBATION 3rd time in 15minutes. Please Fix.
    iivrruummii

Stop team killing.  Problem solved.

Morphikz

You are complaing about something, that you did to cause probation.

I caused my team to run into my air strike ? I caused TreyArch to include this feature and not tell everyone.  I cause people to run infront of me like frantic little kids ?  I did not do these things. If I was intentionally killng teammate, fine, Punish me.  I am not. I only kill teamate when the game doesnt animate thier name above thier head or care packages kill them.

deamonomic

question... did you let your team know an airstrike was incoming? and be honest. most players who play solo do so without a mic or in party chat. randoms suck. I only ever play alone when I want a challenge. Nothing quite like having to backpack 5 other players for a work out XD  plus you get that ego boost of "thats right... Im the only reason we won!"

but honestly, I can say i have played plenty of games without being booted for accidental TK... hell the only time i have been booted was when I was deliberatly TK my friends... its what we do... it amuses us... wait for your friends to be one off an orbital start humming the jaws theme and knife em. explosion of rage muahaha (we all do it to each other).

back in BO 1 i had a friend trained so when he heard me doing the jaws theme he would freak out and run strait at the enemy... or tk me XD (he learned that trick later on)

Out of all the games I have played I have yet to see one single probation. doesnt mean I dont rage quit... i do so maby once every other day or so. some days 3-4 times then I get off, because If im that pissed off to rage quit...  4 times... i need a break

jihadJoe wrote:

I caused my team to run into my air strike ? I caused TreyArch to include this feature and not tell everyone.  I cause people to run infront of me like frantic little kids ?  I did not do these things. If I was intentionally killng teammate, fine, Punish me.  I am not. I only kill teamate when the game doesnt animate thier name above thier head or care packages kill them.

Rednecksniper39

Maybe you should stop teamkilling if you don't want probation.

You are an ignorant moron. Good luck with your lawsuit lol. Maybe you should stop playing 'hardcore". You are clearly too "core" to play that game type.

snoops07

You can sell your game on ebay and probably get at least half the money back.  But I'm sure you're just a hothead and talkin smoke.  

jaysonsp

First yes teammates run in front of people and the accidental kills happen.  Its just the way it all you can do is either take it or stop playing HC.

Second you cannot sue them for this.  You did pay for the game but they have terms of service and they have certain rules you have to follow.   No court in the country would take a case like that and no media outlet would care.

DeadsouL

I like it when there is an enemy in a corner, you spray 4 bullets at him, the third bullet kills him, the 4th bullet kills your teammate that just spawned in the exact same spot. grrrrrrrr

NiteFalken

3 times in 15 minutes? Heres some ideas

1. Random nades are bad, as are random rockets and noob tubes. If your team is rushing dont even use them, its not worth the TK.

2. Drop all AOE killstreaks, again not worth the risk especially when lower level stuff like the guardian and sentry are more effective for longer periods of time. Especially when protected.

3. Trolls have picked up on shooting betties and clays, If you see this then dont use them. On the smaller CQB maps it may not be worth placing them at all.

If you choose to use indiscriminate killing devices and scorestreaks them you need to understand the risks.

rummble

Seriously? Control your fire and check your targets and you shouldn't get booted. I know man ppl who play and never get booted. I have never been booted while playing Hardcore and get a fair amount of kills. You have to be more cautious and call out any AOE kills streaks. Oh and as for the Name plate thing, every team is designed to look differently so pay attention to the look of your team and you won't have to worry about a lack of nameplates.

jwaller123

Learn how to play and you won't get put in a time out.

gallp13

Hi Joe,

Probation is annoying, it annoys me. But its meant to be annoying so its doing its job in a manner of speaking.

The rules of HC are simple and apply equally to all. Intentional or accidental TK is the responsibility of the shooter not the target. TK and its probation.

Threats to sue, are hollow and not taken seriously. As a result the person making the "....pouts......I'm gonna sue yous....." threat looks foolish, their POV  is disregarded as a result.

Suggest you put a well reasoned case if you feel strongly and ask for support. If your case is sound and your views are shared and supported by the HC Community you never know....you may just have been the catalyst for a positive change.

Good luck.

gallp

People! don't make the OP angry! look at his name, he will explode when he is getting angry.

nuttin2say

jihadJoe wrote:

I know I will not win. But I will at least get it recognized on tv and  local media.

Can I have your autograph when you do?

Glenrose

All I play is hardcore, and have had my share of TK's.  Yours isnt the only one im seeing posting this,  but I can tell you I have been booted many of times for it,  and still have yet to see any probation.  I play with groups and that may be why,  but it doesnt happen to me.

The_Wombat13

To be honest I just wish they would return to ricochet so trolls kill themselves, can't even throw care packages at the start of HC SnD rounds anymore because teammates stand where the package falls, killing themselves and you.

starbuckfrack

jihadJoe wrote:

I have been put on probation 3 times in 15 minutes for team killing. It isnt intentional. Sometimes your teamates just run into you bullet spray. This is an erratic game. These things happen.

If I keep getting put on probation , I am goin to sue trey arch.  I know I will not win. But I will at least get it recognized on tv and  local media.  Im tired of not being allowed to play a game that I paid for.  There was no warning label on game stating that arbitrary rules would be included in this game and that at their whim, I wouldn't be allowed to play.   Had I known about this feature, I wouldn't have bought this game.

Trey Arch knows once you break the seal, you cant return the game. This is horse ****. Plain and simple horse ****. I have to abide by a rule that I didnt know existed. If this probation thing isnt deal with. I will go on craigs list and create warnings and rants.  I will let people know the type of crap they have to deal with after shelling out 60 dollars for a game. Shelling out money for xbox live, and then their internet bill, just to not be able to play their game !

Sure you wont win but you will definitely lose thousands of dollars just taking it to court. THEN Microsoft will sue you for breaching their contract as well as Activision.

The fact that you didnt know this rule existed is your problem and no one elses. You agreed to online rules when you put in the game. Besides you did get a warning at some point but you ignored it.

The back of the box does not matter. YOU agreed to all rules according to the Xbox Live Terms of Use which states you must follow all third party developer rules as well. You had your first warning when you agreed to those rules.

Its funny how I play Hardcore and yet have been put on probation.