26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 11:49 AM by iivrruummii RSS

David Vonderhaar made this game for pro players

Black Ops 2 has the potential to be perfect, I read all David Vonderhaar's tweets and I feel extremely let down. If your not a pro or competitive player he doesn't want to listen to you. He's all about the PRO'S. I mean we the mormal customers are the one's he should listen to we play the game on a daily basis and we know the problems that exist within the game. I have tweeted him on many occasions about the lag and his replies to me and many otherss is " I need proof " well if 90% of the gamers all having the same problem isn't enough proof then I think the game is done. I just read through the strategy guide and they have Tmatn credited with giving multiplayer tips, Tmartn has 12 hrs played on Black Ops 2 and a day or 2 on MW3 now how can he be more qualified than even the average player? If you don't have OpTiC in front of your name David Vonderhaar will NOT respond to any tweet.

• Re: David Vonderhaar made this game for pro players
    starbuckfrack

KiNg69ErZz wrote:

Black Ops 2 has the potential to be perfect, I read all David Vonderhaar's tweets and I feel extremely let down. If your not a pro or competitive player he doesn't want to listen to you. He's all about the PRO'S. I mean we the mormal customers are the one's he should listen to we play the game on a daily basis and we know the problems that exist within the game. I have tweeted him on many occasions about the lag and his replies to me and many otherss is " I need proof " well if 90% of the gamers all having the same problem isn't enough proof then I think the game is done. I just read through the strategy guide and they have Tmatn credited with giving multiplayer tips, Tmartn has 12 hrs played on Black Ops 2 and a day or 2 on MW3 now how can he be more qualified than even the average player? If you don't have OpTiC in front of your name David Vonderhaar will NOT respond to any tweet.

Well first of all EVERYONE and his mother complain about the lag. They did all they want to tweak it one or two times and that is it. They are very likely done altogether with lag.

I dont care if you were the President of Video Games, if I were to hear one more complaints about lag I would shut up on the subject too.

You cannot make an all in one patch that will fix lag. Plain and simple. all they can do is tweak it and once they do one player will benefit and some will suffer worse.

One thing you do have to understand that a lot of videos are not proof of actual "game lag", they are proof of poor internet connections at that particular time and not actually "game" related at all.

PS Vahn didnt make this game for pro players, he made this game for everyone 6 to 60.

Pros? more like Headglitcher Pros. The only thing a person needs to know about the game is where the headglitch spots are and how to move from headglitch spot A to headglitch spot B.

deamonomic

aim at them and head glitches cease to be an issue.

Most players have a bad aim, when they try to aim at the headglitchers head then they are already dead because the headglitcher has a clear view and the attacker don't. Some headglitch spots are so insane that you can't even see his head, its like the wall is shooting at you, put cold blooded on and you are invisible.

deamonomic

then they should have been using their heads more. if your situation isnt advantageous back off and attack from a different angle. its honestly as simple as that. Play smarter.

If you know you dont have the aim to take them on then why go out there? cmon why is it that everyone thinks everything should be solved with a head on confrontation? what ever happened to outsmarting your opponents? since when did the gaming community become the one that wants it easier instead of wants it to be a challenge?

You have plenty of options available to take out that player. If you fail to do so that only means one thing, there is room for improvement. If you want to be a good player then use cover to your advantage, work on your aim.

If you cant deal with quickscopers, campers, tubers, shotgun kids, run n gunners, or what ever the hell else is whined about then, im sorry but the ugly truth of the matter is this. You failed to defeat your opponent. It shouldnt matter what they were doing. What should matter is the fact that you failed to counter whatever it was that they were doing. As i continually say, you guys spend FAR too much thinking about what the enemy is doing/not doing/using and not nearly enough on what you should be doing.

Restore_Hardcore

Very well stated! I worked in a customer service call center for a major credit card company years ago and no one wanted to accept responsibility for their mistakes, it was always the banks's fault. I see the same thing here, too many excuses about lag and less tactics being used. This game is solid.

deamonomic wrote:

then they should have been using their heads more. if your situation isnt advantageous back off and attack from a different angle. its honestly as simple as that. Play smarter.

The spawns are so jacked in this game because some asshat said "I want to spawn in the action" that you can be a "Smart Player" with all the tact you want, but when the system puts an enemy behind you, when they really shouldn't be, what then?

deamonomic

Spawns have been being complained about since WAY back in the early days of CoD. I can remember plenty of times in CoD 4 where i watched a dude spawn infront of me.

The spawns in MW3 faceoff were by far the worst i have ever seen. if you think they are bad now... LOL. Only time I have spawned INSIDE another player. How i dealt with it then? well for one im constantly running around so The spawns are always flipping for me anyways so its normal. But If its a small map then you need to know a few things.

you need to know where your team is. Where you are . Where The spawn locations are. Where the spawn flip trigger points are. and then you just do the math basically and go by the nearest likely spawn location.

In most FPS games the spawn system is easy to figure out. Just remember the locations you spawned and what was going on when you spawned there. In addition to this you can make use of the perk awareness, people think its useless when it really isnt, if there isnt an abundance of gunfire you can hear very well, plus its not just footsteps that are louder, everything is. So I would probably do the same thing I did in MW3 basically .

Best advice in that situation is up your reaction time. about all you can do beyond the knowing the spawn system. I always try to react a bit faster and what not when it gets tuff

Artlsresistance

FMJ stops 90% of headglitches. Use it Love it

Pro players? Bahahahahaha! Seriously, if that's an idea of a business model, I wish I could have seen the boardroom pitch:

Treyarch: "We're thinking that the next Black Ops game should really target pro gamers."

Activision Board: "Okay, what size of market are we talking about here?"

Treyarch: "Oh, it's gotta be at least 50,000 world wide."

Activision Board: "Please leave and come back when you have something at least 5 million people can play consistently and to whom we can sell online content to."

OP You assume that altering the net code to fix your lag issues is a simple thing. It isn't. It's a massive part of the programming and not something to be done lightly, as changes can affect other aspects adversely. I doubt we'll ever see a fix to it and from my point of view, it's rarely a factor in games any more.

KiNg69ErZz wrote:

Tmartn has several GTs for one, and

This game was made for people like you with BiG lEtTeR SmAlL LeTtEr and ZzZz in their gamertag, i.e. under aged players aka KidscoperZzz.

obzi

If this game has been made for pros only why are there so many little kids playing the game?

Or for you OP, maybe I should say KidZzz

Gunzby

I just tweeted a decent question to him. Wonder if he'll reply.

It was: What exactly is the Best search setting? Is it just best available or is there an actual value to it? Also why not let ppl set a value to it?

Personally I think this is a good question.

randomhero204

But back on topic.

They made this game for pro players yes! They did! They will even tell you they did BUT they also made it for everyone else.

The game simply included things that cater pro gamers. For example league play, doesn't matter if its super popular or not the fact they added something for really competitive players or "mlg pros" is simply amazing! They have stuff for everyone.

Why complain about that?

For example:

I hate hardcore modes. But I just simply don't play it and I certainly don't cry "waah they made this game for hardcore players only waah " (sure I may post a snarky remark in regards to hc but it's doesnt affect me at all) same could be said for zombies.

Treyarch made this game for everyone.

I'm not going to bother quoting each and every single one of you, but you do realize that this game was not made "For the Pros" but based upon their opinions.

With that being said, the average Joe obviously doesn't have the mindset of a pro. They're not thinking of lobbing a grenade through some window and having it bounce off a crate and kill the bomb planter. They're not going into private matches to study the map layout for hours on end. They don't have Game Coaches! ffs.. It still cracks me up that these exist. What's next? Opympic Games 2020, CoD Gold Medalist from Team USA....

Treyarc / Activision goofed, and listened to the guy who wants to be cool, but never will be, outside of the gaming community at least. Do they regret it? Nope, because they collected a check. They see numbers.

Good lord, this could go on for hours, but if you don't get the point, and play the game for what it is, then you need either a reality check, or to off yourself, because you're using up resources.

- Younique

please note that more people creating bo2, not david alone lol. finish the singleplayer campaign, and you'll see many names, testers, programmer, designer and and ... so stop spam with bad game, peacekeeper op_crap and this and this. for us, the best call of duty since mw1. the dlc rules with hardcore, and the mapdesign is just nice. thx.

whiteknight1902

I agree with some of what the op is saying, cod casting, league play is clearly aimed at the competetive side of gaming and also it is a complete waste of time i'd say atleast 80% of people (probably more) couldnt care less about this.

League play takes more than 5 mins every game (even waited 10 for a game even at prime time). This space on the playlist could easily go and, for examle a few more hardcore playlists or team tac could be used. League play never has many people in it.

They clearly tried to aim for competetive gamers but I dont know about you but I reall dont care about a group of kids who need to get out more playing cod.

Also the spawns are far worse on this game than any before it.

maccabi

whiteknight1902 wrote:

I agree with some of what the op is saying, cod casting, league play is clearly aimed at the competetive side of gaming and also it is a complete waste of time i'd say atleast 80% of people (probably more) couldnt care less about this.

and thats one tiny aspect of the game, with its own rule sets, matchmaking systems , leaderboards, ect

whereas the rest of the game isnt catered or tailored to the "pro players"

The op's arguement is kinda dumb its like saying 3arc only catered to the hc community as they we have our own playlists. 

or the game only caters to zombie fans as they have their own part of the game.

Basically the game was obviously designed for all types of players.

The double-speak from the dev is clearly working well.  "Lag" is not the issue here, "latency compensation" is the issue here.  Lag is something that no dev can fix.  Latency compensation is 100% something that the dev could fix, but is refusing to fix.  Playing over a lan would give you a HUGE disadvantage if you are playing against players using a higher latency Internet connection.  There are numerous vids available that show the vast difference between what we see live, and what the killcam shows - this is latency compensation.  I have a very fast, very low latency Internet connection - after a couple weeks of emptying full clips into an enemy's back from 10-15' range only to then watch them turn and kill my while I reload drove me away from this game.  Those of you that have high latency connections - enjoy the welfare KD ratio.  I'll never spend another penny on any crap from this dev again, or on anything that doesn't have dedicated server hosting as part of the price - total waste of time and money.