20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 3:53 AM by gallp13 RSS

WHY OH WHY do people love Hijacked???

CMenKnightmare

Do people love having people spawn right behind them and having skill play no factor?

• Re: WHY OH WHY do people love Hijacked???
    banned-again

its not a bad map its how people play it thats the problem along with nuketown it turns people into idiot's

CMenKnightmare

For me I cant even notice a difference in how they play it, for the most part.  The thing i hate is that if too many of your teammates cross a certain line, then instead of enemies spawning at the end of their own side of the ship, they spawn 35 feet behind me.  GREAT DESIGN TREYARCH!  This game is awful on its own with zero weapon balance whatsoever, and that map adds spawn deaths to the equation.

I think Treyarch needs to play some games with just a pistol in blops 1 then do the same in blops 2 and compare experiences.  I'm sure theyll find no difference in playing this game, as pistols are just smaller assault rifles.  BUT, in blops 1, pistols put you at a disadvantage that took skill to overcome and be able to kill people.

In this stupid game, only having a pistol left is hardly a downgrade.  Previously, being left with only a secondary meant youd have to sneak around to try and find a gun with but a pistol to defend yourself with.

banned-again

the spawn system has always been like that, games like dom, tdm and kc will always  spawn enemy's behind you ir your team push past a certain point on a map thats why most good players wont triple cap in dom because it throws the spawns all over the map.

games like.ctf amd demo where they have a static spawn point is the big  in this game

SitRepPro

Party up.  If you're good enough, the chaotic spawns won't screw you over so bad.  It's easy to ADS covering likely areas where enemies will enter having spawned in front of you.  People select the map because it's small so you get quite a few kills per minute, which is handy to level up weapons.

gallp13

Kill feeds

bkblazer

Because good players like to spawn trap and bad players like to camp on second floors.

indy56

i quite like this map despite the bad spawns, its the only one i use the shotgun class on with any effect,

gary_mico

Because people like to spawn and immediately pull the trigger.......

Its F'in ridiculous

gallp13

Spawns are easy to predict and address, tis one of the easiest maps in this regard. I just don't see why people complain. I'm sorry but learn the spawns and how they work...you will be fine. I am an unremarkable player and have zero issues on this map,

Catfishbillyy

yeah learn the spawns so you can predict and spawn camp like gallp13. do it.

gallp13

A churlish response and unecessary.

My point is simple, folks spawn where the "dots are not".

Take pub core TDM on hijacked for example.

Both teams generally flow toward the mid section. If your mm shows none of your team have spawned behind you for say 3-5 seconds take a defensive position and turn around......there will always be some one coming up behind you. Once you have protected your back you can turn around and resume your fight.

Now I don't know you, problably because you have only been around this place for 5 mins, so I'll help you out. Most forum folk who have been around for a while know I play solo and I am an unremarkable player. Therefore, could you please tell me how a grinder like me playing solo could possibly spawn trap?

In future I suggest you don't try to be witty, it takes more than half a wit to get the job done

biron_w

I'd love to know which idiot at Treyarch thought it would be a good idea to put a vantage spot the looks straight into a spawn area! That's probably my biggest complaint with this map.

gary_mico

Its "Rust" on a boat.....

starbuckfrack

People love Hijacked for the same reasons that they love Nuketown.

You notice BTW Hijacked is pretty much the same as Nuketown except for inside the hull ?

CMenKnightmare

Well I only play TDM, for the most part.  I dont like having to go somewhere where people can camp and wait for me; I like being able to go wherever i want.  This map, it seems, is built for bad players that want free kills by spawning right behind someone who just killed them not 4 seconds ago.

Just seems like games are going in the direction of eliminating skill of finding people and beating them and favoring the 1-2 shot kills and spawning everyone around everyone like its FFA.

And to answer- I am not a crap player; I've been a 2.0+ player in just about every COD game, so i like to think i can tell the difference between games/maps that reward skill and those that pay no attention to it whatsoever.  Oh well, at least Treyarch made 2 good games before this.

gary_mico

I used to love FFA, but theres nothin like watchin a Killcam where you kill someone and he spawns right behind you for the revenge.......

SitRepPro

CMenKnightmare wrote:

Well I only play TDM, for the most part.  I dont like having to go somewhere where people can camp and wait for me; I like being able to go wherever i want.  This map, it seems, is built for bad players that want free kills by spawning right behind someone who just killed them not 4 seconds ago.

You know if we get bigger maps people will complain.  Effing snipers, effing LMGs yada yada...

Don't know which maps are the largest mathematically, but the large maps don't really get picked too often.

deamonomic

people complain about the small maps and yet they tend to be fan favorites. indeed it is the larger maps many cant stand. My thoughts on spawns and spawn trapping are, Im not going to try to spawn trap you. but niether will I try to stop it.

Simply put, I go to where the enemy is. if thats C flag then I head there. if thats A bom i head there... and if it happens to be their spawn... oh well.

CMenKnightmare

Maps like these tend to be fan favorites because they require very little skill and are simply a mash-up of people so "theres always action".  Skilled players know how to find people and cover choke points.

On this map, i conssitently will be in situations where I frantically will shoot and skill 4 or more people and then get killed by one of those people a few seconds later.  Maps like these try to lessen the gap between good players and bad players by simply spawning them all around each other.  Luck plays more a part than skill.

Sometimes, if ive gotten some kills and my team is crap (almost always) I will simply stay on one end of the boat to control spawns for my team -- and more often than not, it leads to my team winning.

It's sad that this is whats required to control spawns and let team skill be the determining factor as opposes to spawning luck.