39 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 1:49 PM by after_the_last RSS

Why the sudden rash of "my stats got reset"?

rankismet

Makes me wonder..

Not if these people are cheating in some fashion... I'll be honest, some are... but what are these people doing that is suddenly causing it?

Is it a glitch that has been closed/fixed since the last patch and these players keep doing it?

Are they all just cheating?

Last thought...

... an unintended consequence of trying to limit the ability to cheat?

Personally, I think people are trying to exploit something and the game doesn't like it.

Dunno.

• Re: Why the sudden rash of "my stats got reset"?
    Warstein

well , i agree , a large chunk of these... "ma statz gut rezet" are boosters and such. however  , i have seen a lot of ppl playing local servers , then going live and being reset.

rankismet

Warstein wrote:

well , i agree , a large chunk of these... "ma statz gut rezet" are boosters and such. however  , i have seen a lot of ppl playing local servers , then going live and being reset.

Yep... and what are they trying to do in the local servers?

In the past, that is how people glitched gold camos and whatnot.

TheTripleB

As I have been able to piece it together (as it also happened to me)...

It appears if you go into LOCAL and play, then go back to MULTIPLAYER, it screws up your account.  More than a few people who have mentioned problems said they went into local, and that is what I did.  I played in the afternoon, things were fine.  I went into LOCAL to play around on the new maps a bit to get more familiar without getting a shotgun up my butt, and when I went back to Mutliplayer BOOM, everything screwed up.

rankismet

TheTripleB wrote:

As I have been able to piece it together (as it also happened to me)...

It appears if you go into LOCAL and play, then go back to MULTIPLAYER, it screws up your account.  More than a few people who have mentioned problems said they went into local, and that is what I did.  I played in the afternoon, things were fine.  I went into LOCAL to play around on the new maps a bit to get more familiar without getting a shotgun up my butt, and when I went back to Mutliplayer BOOM, everything screwed up.

Having been aware of the local issue... I haven't used it since the second week the game was released.

I also thought it had been resolved.

Hmmm...

bluemonstr

Well it happened to me about 2 weeks after the game (Black Ops 2) came out.  I was up to level 46 or something...I played with my son locally - just teaching him some basics against the bots (he's 7).  I logged in (multiplayer) later that night and BOOM all my stats had been reset.  I DID NOTHING wrong.  It was pure BS.  So I lost all my stats and xp from the 2x's weekend and I just recently (this past week) got back to level 55.  I plan on prestiging this weekend...but am always paranoid that this will happen again.  It sucked. 

The game (to me is great) I just don't want to deal with losing all my stats again.  I don't have great stats - which is why I LAUGH at anyone that would think I figured out a way to cheat.  LOL 

rankismet

bluemonstr wrote:

Well it happened to me about 2 weeks after the game (Black Ops 2) came out.  I was up to level 46 or something...I played with my son locally - just teaching him some basics against the bots (he's 7).  I logged in (multiplayer) later that night and BOOM all my stats had been reset.  I DID NOTHING wrong.  It was pure BS.  So I lost all my stats and xp from the 2x's weekend and I just recently (this past week) got back to level 55.  I plan on prestiging this weekend...but am always paranoid that this will happen again.  It sucked. 

The game (to me is great) I just don't want to deal with losing all my stats again.  I don't have great stats - which is why I LAUGH at anyone that would think I figured out a way to cheat.  LOL 

This is why I also think it might be an unintended consequence of trying to limit all the cheating BK's.

nuclear_soundwave

same...DAY 1246 SUPPLIES RUNNING LOW...STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ACTIVISION MY STATS ARE NOT FIXED...SUPPORT CLAIM CONTINUES TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN ESCALATED AND OPEN.

whitekid16

And that i will say is a strange thing alot of people tend to do... "oh i got new maps i wana check them out in and out before i got play online"

===========CUSTOM GAME IT

Set your party pref to 1 person in party and invite only, (dont actually know if that will effect once in game) Stay in Online multiplayer with a custom game change the preferances to time: unlimited, then run around to your hearts content. no reason to go into Splitscreen/Local play to find things about these maps. and if you wana figure out playstyles for the maps just add Bots. Since it is a custom game it doesnt effect your stats at all, contributs nothing to your level or guns(since its all unlocked in custom)(except camo and weap prestige) and..... problem for Local (which actually for some weird reason effects your stats) is solved.

Local stats technically shouldent effect multiplayer online but for some reason it seems to jack it up, dunno why on that part. it is Triarch but still it does and if you contribute all deaths and such from everyone in "Local" play it will effect the total of your overall since that is broken... but the key is to just not use Local is you have XBL. use custom.

Warstein

thats true... didnt think about that. most of the glitching took place switching from local to online in many odd ways. good thing i dont ever play local games i guess , lol

rdnsnow

I've played a few local games against bots on easy just so I can check out the high end scorestreaks. Not everyone playing local glitches or cheats.

They posted something about it. Not going to read it, but hope this helps.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Rank-Has-Been-Reset-or-Rolled- Back

ctrl-s

3ARC Should have fixed this before DLC dropped, or at least made an effort to tell the community at large about this bug.

• Its a known, as yet unfixed bug where offline or custom games will corrupt your stats / progress.
    • The DLC comes out, people want to try it offline before they go into Public matches.
    • Forums overloaded with STATS RESET posts.
    • Repeat for next DLC

par for the course i guess.

Ss78_

I've suffered the wrath of the corrupted data error message first hand myself. It was only a few levels but still when I see the messages I know it happened to me so innocent until proven guilty is my approach. It's up to them if they want to contact cutpurse, only the legit complainers will anyway.

thepr0digeee

i got the problem too!!!!! i was playing local trying out other weapons get back on live and then boom i get a messege saying your stats have been reset

Bielsalmighty

Hope this doesn't apply to custom games. If it does I've been VERY lucky...

youcantgetme62

Local??? Damn where have I been at. So what are you saying by playing in local mode? 

jwaller123

After reading most of the replies I can say this. My sons account got messed up last night. He went from playhing zombies and then went to system link. His CaC slots got all jacked up and he got a UI30010 error. I contacted Cutpurse and Activision Support via Facebook. Activision told me how to fix the issue and we fixed it. I told him NOT to go into Local or System link again. He is non prestige lvl 43 or so, so you can tell he hasn't played much. So due to his lack of play time I am sure he was unaware of the problem. He didn't lose any levels so I am happy with that. He is now aware of the issue and shoudn't be going into that menu again.

I am VERY vocal to my children about doing stupid things on the XBOX (boosting, cheating, etc...) and they know that the game WILL be taken away IMMEDIATLY if I catch or find out that they did it. To my knowledge they have NEVER boosted or cheated in anyway, and they are fully aware that if they get their account in trouble I WILL NOT be getting them another one.

I do agree that there might be something in this to prevent some sort of hack, glitch as has been previously brought up. If so, kudos for Treyarch to put a stop to it. If not, it is an annoying bug for many that needs to be fixed. I think most are aware of the issue and are using it as a scapegoat for boosting thinking that they can get their stats back by pleading they went to a local game.  With all of the reports that are sent daily I am sure there are alot of bans being sent.

Restore_Hardcore

If those who have been reset for no reason due to a glitch then I hope they get their stats back. To all those who cheat or boost all I can say is really? This has been the easiest game to max prestige on since MW2!! Blops had 15 levels of 50, MW3 had 20 levels of 80!! Ten levels of 55 is even lower than MW2's 10 levels of 70. Do the work! In Blops and MW3 I maxed out the hard way, almost all of it was HC TDM while objective games give you a lot more xp per match.

I enjoy playing this game and don't get to spend near the time as many on this thread porbably do.  I spend many hours at work and have kids that come before this game which leaves me with minimal time to play.  I hadn't played in almost two weeks.  Just turned on the game today to download the new maps, as I had purchased the season pass some time ago.  I noticed that my presitge looked as if it had been set back to level 1 as if I had never played the game.  I don't boost or cheat as what has been referred to in this thread.  I did send a note to the support email and have not heard back as to how to restore my stats.  I don't mind working back through and getting my prestige back but dissappointed in losing the permanently unlocked weapons and perks I had.  Its rediculous and looking at some of the links individuals have posted it has been an known issue that appears to not yet be fixed.

I enjoy playing this game and don't get to spend near the time as many on this thread porbably do. I spend many hours at work and have kids that come before this game which leaves me with minimal time to play. I hadn't played in almost two weeks. Just turned on the game today to download the new maps, as I had purchased the season pass some time ago. I noticed that my presitge looked as if it had been set back to level 1 as if I had never played the game. I don't boost or cheat as what has been referred to in this thread. I did send a note to the support email and have not heard back as to how to restore my stats. I don't mind working back through and getting my prestige back but dissappointed in losing the permanently unlocked weapons and perks I had. Its rediculous and looking at some of the links individuals have posted it has been an known issue that appears to not yet be fixed.

Rednecksniper39

It makes me wonder as well. This is the first time I have heard of the random reset. I have seen people lose a few levels before because of a corrupted save but never a complete reset. It just makes you wonder if they were attempting to do some sort of patched glitch and the game reset them. Not accusing anyone it just makes me wonder.

jwaller123

I have another account that is very early in the levels. Maybe only in the teens. I should go into local match and see what happens. Won't bother me one bit to see it reset. I don't play on it anyway as it's a second account. If I remember I will do so when I get home later tonight and post with results.

Rednecksniper39

I've played local before when my Internet was a little slow and never got reset. It is also what makes me wonder. I know 1 of the glitches had to do with local so it makes me wonder if they were repeating the actions to do it and Treyarch fix for the glitch was to make doing it a reset.

jwaller123

You have a very valid point there. Saves me from having to screw with it. Lol. I do know that System Link will also mess with your stuff. My boy got his CaC slots all jacked up last. No level reset. He said he went into system link (DOn't ask me why) and went to change a class, it came up with a UI30010 error and froze up the XBOX. He came upstairs and told me about it. I went and checked it out, contacted Support via facebook and got it fixed within an hour or so. So don't go into that either.

I trust him when he says he wasn't trying anything stupid as I was just upstairs when it happened. He knows what would happen if he were to try.

JR_82

well i can honestly say im not a cheater far from it i had to google what boosting was coz i didnt know , im just a chick who likes too play this game  , i quite often let my kids play in the local part so they can play zombies in split screen together .. how can going from local to online which is how i play reset my stats .. im majorly annoyed as it is te second time now .. first time i got mad but dealt with it and started again was almost at P1 ... this time im really mad that it has happened ... not that im that high in levels but with 5kids ive prolly spent way to much time on it as it is , P1 lvl 41 so almost at P2 ... and no my kids are only , 5 , 7 & 9 , so no they wouldnt know how to do any of this cheating stuff either and besides i sit and watch them ...but id like to know why my stats have been reset again .. its sucks and has made me not even want to play .. what is the point when eveything just vanishes from one day to the next ... ya work hard to get where ya at then boom its gone ....
    i had a message pop up the day after the dlc dropped and i downloaded all that , that my custom slots had been reset , was a bit angry but figured that was easy fixed .. but to lose stats is much more than having the custom weapon slots reset ...
    if local is the problem and it isnt being fixed then we should be given the option to hide local from the game menu .. saves the heart ache of innocent people losing what they worked for in the game ..
    and as for support , i went to contact us and answered q's to be given a news article .. really ? can someone please help me contact a real person coz a news article doesnt quite cut it for me as supprt !!

OK HERES MY STORY!!!

I was a 2 prestige, not sure if i went to local or not, but all of a sudden "your classes have been reset" comes up. EVERYTHING got reset. So i started from scratch and played for a week and a half, got to 4 prestige, had 3 assault rifles at gold camo. My GF wanted to verse bots on local so i hit local, first thing that comes up "Your account was corrupt and has now been restored to the last auto saved rank." or some **** like that.

THIS PISSED ME OFF because since the reset, I had achieved a shitload more than before the reset and it restored my **** back to before the reset meaning I lost all the extra stuff I had earned since.

I'VE SPENT TOO LONG TRYING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE TO HAVE THIS FIXED AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYWHERE. I SENT EMAILS, RANG HELP NUMBERS AND NOTHING. TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, XBOX LIVE ARE ALL ******* GHOSTS! COULDN'T **** ON A PLANT TO FERTILISE IT!

UavTaylor

I had no idea about the local glitch. When i downloaded the DLC, it wouldn't let me play online. So I was one of the guys who went to local to play around. I  then went back to multiplayer and everything was messed up. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

JR_82

yeah neither did i til i came looking for answers today as to why my stuff had been reset .. if i had known it id never have let my kids in it too play it .. i still call horse sh!t on their end though ..they really should be fixing the issue instead of letting it go on and on like it appears to be ... been on the activision assit fb page and the amount of people it has happened to is unbelieveable !

This just happened to me, I didn't know about this til today. I use local a lot, especially when my girlfriend wants to play and this is a first. I had interent issues, I recieved the "cannot connect to server" message. So I decided to play a local match, just to pass the time for my internet modem to reboot. I signed into Xbox live and then realize everything I had was gone. The funny thing was though, I still had some of my emblems I made and I still had the silenced weapon calling card I'm using. But when I go into the barracks all my cards are locked. I sent in a request, hopefully activision can resolve this.