18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 7:48 PM by nflfenatic RSS

Is this normal in Hardcore? or is it just me?

When i search for a Hardcore Match then i always end in a lobby vs a Full Team. I've searched multiple times and its always the same thing. I don't understand it, is there no solo players who play this game mode? i thought it could be fun but for a solo player like myself its not. In Hardcore the player is limited, has no Map and HUD so communication is the key here.

Why is this game always try to force me to join a Clan or Party? its the same thing with Core, every lobby i join is vs a Full Clan. Mercenary is full of boosters, one goes 25-0 while the other 0-25.

I try so hard to find enjoyment out of the game but i can't. I find the game very hard to enjoy when playing solo, call me noob or what ever you think but thats just my opinion. When i play the game with a friend then it turns into a piece of cake, its unreal how solo player unfriendly this game. Yes, its a team based game, but the teams should be fair, not always a Full Clan vs randoms, put Clans vs Clans, Randoms vs Randoms, thats how it should be.

• Re: Is this normal in Hardcore? or is it just me?
    rankismet

FixBlops2 wrote:

When i search for a Hardcore Match then i always end in a lobby vs a Full Team. I've searched multiple times and its always the same thing. I don't understand it, is there no solo players who play this game mode? i thought it could be fun but for a solo player like myself its not. In Hardcore the player is limited, has no Map and HUD so communication is the key here.

Why is this game always try to force me to join a Clan or Party? its the same thing with Core, every lobby i join is vs a Full Clan. Mercenary is full of boosters, one goes 25-0 while the other 0-25.

I try so hard to find enjoyment out of the game but i can't. I find the game very hard to enjoy when playing solo, call me noob or what ever you think but thats just my opinion. When i play the game with a friend then it turns into a piece of cake, its unreal how solo player unfriendly this game. Yes, its a team based game, but the teams should be fair, not always a Full Clan vs randoms, put Clans vs Clans, Randoms vs Randoms, thats how it should be.

It's a team game... make friends and party up.

... otherwise...

... your experience will not change.

BTW... it's been that way forever... ya know, since COD4.

No it wasn't like this in previous CoDs. In previous CoDs i could carry my whole team because everything was unbalanced, killstreaks were overpowered etc. now you have to rely on your teammates.

Black Ops 2 is a competitive game, if you don't roll with a full party then you are screwed.

r33k

i get plenty of random games here in the 408. but this is true of any release. in the first 6 months you will have massive influxes of parties in the game. in the closing months of the release, it will be more randoms(because the daily players are what remain and the party players are long gone).

All my ~30 xbox live friends have switched to Battlefield 3 because Call of Duty is garbage in their opinion, i am the only one who is left. I don't want to be "forced" to party up with random people i don't know to enjoy playing a videogame, i would be happy if Treyarch could do something about the Boosters in Mercenary Mode.

You won't believe me how hard i try to find enjoyment out of this game, every time i try the game say "No! go F* yourself" thats how it feels.

I am stupid because i keep on playing this game when i should switch to a other game like my friends did, yes i am stupid.

NoLifeKing29

You can do fine lonewolf in HCKC and HCS&D, not so much CTF. Playing with 1 friend can make all the difference as well.

This is how every match is in Black Ops 2 for me:

Match starts and its me with some randoms vs a full party, everything is ok so far... after 1 minutes its only me alone with 1-2 other vs a full party because my team of randoms ragequited. Its always the same thing. Sometimes its even me alone vs a full party, how is this fair? this game is BS, if you play with randoms then you get screwed.

I rather have bots in my team than playing with these clowns who leave earlier.

r33k

what you can do is collect other players that you find in random lobbies. people with mics and people that are up to your level. a pick me up party. i think this is a dying art in COD. probably because people are les inclined to reach out these days. but you can have some great times with random good people you find while you play AND, if you FR them you can invite them to later games. thats how i do it anyway. perhaps im just old.

gallp13

Stacks of randoms and small parties in Region 1

WKMMS

I play HCTDM solo quite a lot and it's very rare that I run into a full party, and even rarer still that I've come across a full clan.

Can i have your profile please? seriously. I would be happy when my own team stops leaving the match after 1 minute. Its so annoying to play 2-3 vs 6.

WKMMS

I don't mind my team leaving.... that's more killing for me!... I still get plenty of sh1tty experiences playing solo though... I can't call in a care package without one of my team trying to kill me for it, I'm constantly being shot by my own team when on a good streak, or having them run right into my line of fire and getting me kicked (sometimes on purpose).  Playing with a team is the way to go in HC.  I've a bunch of friends, all of mixed ability, and we play usually every 1-2 days for a couple of hours.  The difference when you're in a full party is staggering, just from having people watching your back and giving call outs of enemy positions when they get shot.  I'm a lot more dedicated to the game than them though (or have less of a life, one or the other) and so I still spend a lot of time running solo.  If I could, I'd always run a full party. 

nicedrewishfela

Kind of shocks me that it surprises you that playing Team Games with a team is more fun.

I try not to play without a party, as I know its not nearly as fun. I am not in a Clan, nor do I want to be... but I have been able to make a pretty good network of friends. Even if we don't have a full party, it can be a lot of fun. We don't win every time, but we enjoy playing together.

Its never been fun playing without a group. I know in MW3 I couldn't stand playing without friends with all of the oddball greenies out there.

It's a team game, and in this game it seems more than ever to require a whole team effort to get the win. In past games you could have one player just drag a team out of the muck, in this one it requires more of a concerted effort from my experience.

Restore_Hardcore

Most of my bros don't play much anymore so I almost always play by myself and I stopped using a mic a few years back when I'm alone. I mostly play hc tdm so I don't need to communicate too much and everytime I kill someone when I do use a mic I get called every bad word in the book. While in the lobby's I always get called horrible names too just cause I usually finish among the top 3. It just got so frustrating having to hear so much negative talk! The other day after my brother got offline I kept my mic and did meet some pretty cool people but its rare imo. The game plays great with my voice turned down to 0 but that's just how I play now. It's fun to party up but my bros and friends don't play when I do or don't play much at all. Good luck either way.