4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 2:25 PM by Hunter6003 RSS

New Maps

rrclimber

Am I only one who thinks these new maps are pretty terrible? It's more of the same old non-sense as far as I can tell. Crowded maps, camper heaven, no clear lines of site. It's just more of Treyarch trying to force everyone into one play style.

Also some of these maps are just ridiculous. Way to cash in on the x-games mentality with a skate park and ski resort. Tony Hawk meets Call of Duty and everyone loses!

There must be someone at Treyarch who is aggregating all the feedback from twitter, forums, etc. they is taking a look and saying "a lot of people think the maps are too crowded." I mean there has to be someone doing that right? Yet all we get is more the same. So angry with myself for hoping for something new and dropping 50 bucks on a season pass.

• Re: New Maps
    gallp13

Just got 'em, Still confused. Explore then in detail today and tomorrow.

Notwithstanding, Starting get the routes, sight lines, jumps and spots.

I'm liking them.

Rednecksniper39

rrclimber wrote:

Crowded maps, camper heaven, no clear lines of site. It's just more of Treyarch trying to force everyone into one play style.

I think you downloaded the wrong map pack.

WKMMS

Haven't quite found my rhythm on Downhill and Mirage just yet, but Hydro and Grind have been going well for me.  It's hard to judge a map after a couple of days, unless of course you've been doing nothing else but playing those maps solidly for those few days.  I haven't.  I really like Grind the most.  I love the colours and how everyone stands out from the map pretty much wherever you are, so there's less scope for the Dark Corner McDougall's of this world to menace me with their sneaky shenannigans.  I have to say though that the spawns seem to be even worse on these new maps, particularly on Mirage, which is ridiculous considering it's not exactly a small map with plenty of locations to safely spawn players out of sight. 

None of the new maps have blown me away, but I'm going to give it some more time, until I really know the maps and routes inside out before I pass final judgement. 

Hunter6003

To be truthfull i only go it for the peacekeeper but so far i have liked all the maps execpt Grind not any good spots to camp when on Domanation but the other three i like alot i got the pattern down ot them and i only play 2 hours a day.