1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 1:54 PM by Yunck Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)

Its a video game people buy it to have have fun and use all parts of the map don't get mad because you suck at run n gunning & getting owned by said rushers while you attempt to hide like a little girl. only bad players camp period so don't say rushing takes no skill because if it was so easy everyone would do it. So keep whining & being at the bottom of the leaderboard

• 31. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    codbig_boss

COD has evolved, as should your play style. Only the dominate players survive it natual selection.

• 32. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    scotland-rules

Oh yeah.

My Mistake (sarcasm)

I can run and gun just fine, I just find it mindless and boring because everyone does it. My argument was that other playstyles such as sniping, tactical, caution and all these other things that, are not just sitting in a corner do take some degree of skill. I don't get owned by run and gunners. I get bored of them. The spawns mean that if you are taking care of an enemy in the middle of say meltdown, said enemy spawns behind you runs around a corner and nails you in the back, because that takes real fudging skill to do that.

Yeah it really does take skill to spawn behind the enemy and shoot them in the back...

You're just being stupid, you evidently haven't read half the replies to this thread as you'll find most people who remember CoD4, WAW, MW2 and even BO1 remember that some form of skill and tactics were required and that you got more than one playstyle which is run and gun. Sure is camping annoying? Yeah, but it opens opportunities to have different playstyles.

• 33. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    scotland-rules

codbig_boss wrote:

COD has evolved, as should your play style. Only the dominate players survive it natual selection.

This isn't evolvement. It has gone from being a game that took thought and some degree of tactics to a game where you run around in circles like an idiot continally run and gunning which makes the game boring after half a dozen games.

• 34. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    scotland-rules

mdm123456789 wrote:

Game has ALWAYS been mindless and camping has NEVER gone anywhere. Just a bunch of mindless campers play this game.

Actually, you'll find that the older games, while it did have this, you could opt to use whatever method you want and be sucessful, you could be sniper, tactical, run and gun, camper. basically whatever playstyle you wanted to be.

Now you have one, possibly two

run and gun or terrible camping where you are guaranteed to be shot so easily it gets boring.

• 35. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    Mojo33

COD has always been the LEAST tactically-oriented franchise in the FPS genre.

Complaining about the lack of tactics in a COD title is like complaining about the lack of a wine list at Chuck-E-Cheese.

• 36. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    dalger22

redx165 wrote:

That's what happens when campers ruin the past game. Treyarch doesn't want you to camp. Get some skill and run and gun for once. Camping takes NO skill at all. Now we got a NEW form of camping from the worm. ( He's hurting Black Ops 2 more than helping ). Maybe if more people play the game the right way than they would bring back some of those camping spots you guys like.

~THE NOOB KILLER

This type of reply always makes me laugh.  So, I pay 60 dollars for a game and I have to play the game the way you want me to play it?  Where's the logic in that.  No, I'll play however the heck I want to play it.  All you kids do here is whine about this and cry about that.  Spend less time whining about things that kill you and get better you freaking rookies. 

• 37. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)

Anyone who blindly runs around will do bad. I run n gun and do very well because when im rushing I have to check every corner,window,head giltch spot for pansy's like you. I have to be a expert on clearing buildings to rid camping losers all why avoiding there traps,shock charges,betty,claymore,etc  this why I have 243 spm & 1.31 k/d in tdm and never have to camp to achieve high k/d games

• 38. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    Out

I agree with the OP ....this game has a run and gun attitude ......and scew everyone else

I know some have already replied get some skill and go run and gun...which is what i do.......

but the term "Skill" makes me laugh ....... most of the People who pull out that 'Skill" card out never stop to think.....what makes me that good

I will say i am a average player ....... I have games where i am a beast....and i have games where i am a lamb,

Most of my Lamb games happen when i am on the bad side of lag.......most of my Beast games come when i am in the good side of the lag

So i will say "Your Skill" is directly related to which side of the lag you stay on for the most part.....not how good you really are ......sorry dont mean to burst your bubble

While i dont "Camp" .....i do wish the perks would be changed to help accomadate camping  and or sniping ...thus allowing a player to swich up loadouts depending on the connection he had been dealt....

3arch has decided to give people bans for quiting games early .....in an attempt to stop rage quiting i guess ........  But i would bet if people could choose perks that helped keep them hidden from sight better......the rage quitting would stop more than it will over the 5 min bans

• 39. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)

Maybe you should do some research when treyarch devs have said in interviews when developing this game they kept in mind how to curb camping & keep it fast pace because they don't even like playing against campers don't they want a fast pace game