15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 9:18 AM by rlbl RSS

Am I the only one that can see improvement?

I have been noticing my games are at their prime after the latest patch as my hit detection is spot on and I'm getting into games with ease and they start frequently. 

I've seen threads saying stuff like anyone can use a lag switch now, but in the 20-30 games I've played I havn't seen one bit of evidence of this, but don't get me wrong It's still a possibility and I know if it's true it will be used as an exploit since clearly a lot of our player base don't care(mass amount of prestige hackers).  On that subject I also like the new addition to the combat record.  It helps a lot when looking for reliable reports of prestige hackers.  Most of the time their last 5 games are low K/D's and they have an unbelievable amount of "Unstoppable" medals(every kill after 30 in a row).

Part of the problem is solved we just need to get rid of all these cheaters, but they are like punching bags really in the sense that many of them are just aweful which is probably why they need to hack in the first place.  Good Job so far Treyarch even though it took you long enough.

• Re: Am I the only one that can see improvement?

Regarding the prestige "hackers": there is one component built into the game which already punishes them for cheating.  Since they are just copying someone else's stats onto their own account, and the original (legit) PMs generally have very good SPM & k/d stats, skill-based matchmaking is going to put the "hackers" into tougher lobbies for as many hours as it takes for "their" stats to stabilize.  So yeah, they get the emblem and all the diamond camos, but at the expense of getting their butts pushed in for many, many hours of additional play.

As far as the game improving, I think you've probably just hit a patch of lucky matchmaking.  For most people the lag & hit detection continue to be an issue, and the patch notes said absolutely nothing about any fixes in those areas (save for limiting "best" and "normal" lobby searches to your own continent).  So unless you live in Switzerland & had been getting matched with players in Moscow, any improvement you've seen is probably coincidental and likely temporary.  Sorry.

Out

I woukld have to agree with Harv72 about seeing improved game play.... aftyer several hours of play last night, my games were up and down as usual .......i did it some games that were back to back and GREAT....but them i would hit those games that just sucked to be part of

huntingnoluck

I don't know if it was a lagswitcher or what this morning but everytime I lined a certain player up the game would 'hiccup' and then he would knife me. It was on cargo and one of the kills in particular was a very long line of sight shot for me but he still knifed me after a bump. I quit that game.

Out

huntingnoluck wrote:

I don't know if it was a lagswitcher or what this morning but everytime I lined a certain player up the game would 'hiccup' and then he would knife me. It was on cargo and one of the kills in particular was a very long line of sight shot for me but he still knifed me after a bump. I quit that game.

Becarefull when you quit the game.........or you may get one of those 5min probation timeouts that have been added LOL

I have heard that these were already part of the game before this patch, but now they are just a common thing.  Why force us to stay in a game if we are being lag switched and then punish us for leaving that very same game instead of just being killed without a chance to stop it.  The only solution to problems like these is to just not respawn yourself and wait for the game to end.  On the other hand the 5 minute probabation would probably save you more time so what the hell.. just quit the game.

huntingnoluck

I have heard of that, but honestly if treyarch think that that will help the situation they are gravely mistaken. I have played through tonnes of beatdowns and sat through entire matches in a corner because of lag, but this version of cod doesn't seem to have captivated me the way other cod's have and if I get a 5minute ban then it'll be sometime before I turn this on again. Also I have 4 kids under the age of 3, trust me I have to quit sometimes. If I will be punished by these guys for that then they can go and do stupid things to themselves.

this game is just bad ,roll on respawn entertainments game,forget mw4 we WILL STILL be having the same issues as we are in back out ops 2 ,shot in the back ops 2 lag ops 2 .awful game .cant believe how low they have gotten because w@w and black ops were great.

how people can defend this almighty dog turd is beyond me.

1.lets nerf everything except the things that need it.sniper rifles ,dual weild machine pistols,target finders.a pistol is a last resort not a primary.(granted the fal needed it)

2.FIX THE FREEZING.

3.FIX THE LAG (5ms ping .23 down 6.2 up ZERO packet loss or jitter)

4.FIX THE SPAWNS

this game is also extremely boring

ElseAndrew

Probably not, but this forum only makes up a small percentage of the CoD community, it's more than likely better for many people.

As far as lag issues, I haven't been in any games lately where I am seconds behind the opposing team. That was my biggest concern with the game. I may be shooting myself in the foot by saying that,and will prolly have nothing but those sort of games from now on. There are still inconsistencies where I do really good one round,only to be demolished the next. I'll take what I can get tho.

TMBI

No, you´re not alone