34 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 12:26 PM by NeoVladDracul RSS

Do You find Prestiging a Gun worth it?

rlbl

Ola...

I was having a hard time with Chicom with burst fire (my aim is not great and play mostly HC, so if I missed I was dead). When I put select fire on it and run full auto, I love it (HC and Core).  I decided not to prestige it because it is the last gun I need to work on for Diamond SMGs.

I figured I would prestige the gun when I unlock the D camo, reach PM... or NEVER. Unless I am wrong, there is no advantage to leveling it again safe from:

- Continued XP

- Clan and Emblem

Considering I will shortly not need any XP... is there any reason at all I would prestige any more guns (I know what my emblem looks like so having it on a gun is no big deal for me)

Thanks

• Re: Do You find Prestiging a Gun worth it?
    augkash

It goes by fast.

ladylucina

to be truthful i guess people would prestige their guns exactly for what you said, emblem and tag on it plus the xp. but obviously MP you wouldnt need xp etc so imo there would be no point in prestiging your gun if you are going for MP. if i was never going to prestige e.g stay level 55 and no prestige then I would probably just go through all guns and max them out just for something to do lol

Message was edited by: ladylucina when i say max out all the guns in the game i mean prestiging every gun twice just for something to do if i wasnt going to prestige my actual level

s_paw1

I am currently trying to get Chicom Gold and with select fire on I got a Quad feed and Fury killer yesterday. Chicoms quite a beast.

I prefer to see my golden guns with my emblem. Thats the only reason I prestige. Other than that I see no reason to prestige either.

theroc23

The only reason I did it was for the option to put my emblem on the weapon. I enjoy having my HA! Ha! show up in kill cams.

gambit1969

I just do them for the bonus xp, if i like a gun i will try and get it prestiged twice and unlock all the camo's

dalger22

The main reasons to do is it to get the clan tags and emblem on the weapon, XP and to get the Primary Weapon playercard thing for getting all primary weapons to prestige 2.  I'm currently at Master Prestige so I left a few from prestiging in case they open up some more prestiges. 

culaid

I like to prestige my weapons so that I can unlock the "______ Mastery" calling card. I have already reached Prestige Master, so now I'm pretty much in it for the calling cards/camos.

phxs72

When I first started using the Chicom I decided that I probably would never prestige it just because I was terrible at aiming while bursting close quarters but once I got to max level I felt more comfortable with it and found that it really wasn't anywhere near as difficult to level up the second and third time around.  Now I'm actually pretty good with it.  But to your point, it just depends on whether or not you want the XP and couple of titles that you get for having done it.  There's nothing major that you will miss out on if you don't do it but I do think that I learned more about how to use the gun properly by having gone through prestiging it.  I have actually come to appeciate the advantages of it's burst mechanism even though I still like running it full auto for close range action.  It's definitely a hipfire gun close range.

InstantOG

The primary and secondary masteries aren't going to get themselves

rlbl

Very True...

But on the trek to getting them gold/diamond I much prefer the attachments etc... I would typically prestige them when I was done my head shots cause you have to do the no attachments anyways...

But with the Chicom I hated burst fire in HC (because of my accuracy it was a chore)

It doesn't really take long to do it once you've already done it.

YEs, as u get calling cards and you can put your emblem and clan tag on your gun

Izjar11

Yes,

Going through all those challenges, firing your selected weapon so much teaches you what works and what doesn't. I messed around with all different combos, playing the weapons with no perks, or not attachments simply makes you a better player. At least it did in my gaming.

Thembones

Use select fire and rapid fire. Best smg that can handle the rapid fire. Makes it beat the EVO by a mile.

yeah its worth it. +15k when you reach max prestige if you already have gold. Hella worth it.

garryowen107

no point in leveling it up again unless you want some quick and easy xp on your road to master prestige. Unless your like me and want as many calling cards as possible, its not worth it.

If you prestige each weapon twice and reach the maximum attachment and camo unlocks, do this for all primary weapons to get the Primary Mastery calling card and do the same for secondary weapons to recieve the Secondary Mastery calling card.

It has to be done in order to get these 2 calling cards, getting gold / diamond alone will not cut it.

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

I just prestiged it for the emblem and clan tag. I only prestiged the chicom after I got SMG's diamond. I don't think I'll prestige the ballista cause I'm just trying to get the iron sights for it cause I suck at sniping lol.

sutakas

Prestiging SMGs is quite easy. Prestiging AR is different story. Without stock ARs are total junk.

xtraflossy

The reason to presteige your weapon in this case is the hopes that you can learn to beast with it without select fire, leaving room for another attachment..

That was my hopes with the smr - I finally got comfortable with it (and ran a handgun as a secondary to make everything semi auto).  I FINALLY got comfortable using it without select fire.

...sadly, I put it back on and now I can take it back off lol

So just do it to show off your emblem

Out

The only reason to Prestige a weapon .........is for the extra XP and the addition a clan tag and emblem.....the later two really mean nothing 

But if you want to complete all the challenges it is must to prestige them.....to get both the camo mastery titlke and the prestige level title......other than than that....... i dont see any reason

The Chicom is also a pain in my ass.....I have completred all the leveling challenges for it, but those bloodthirstys to turn it gold is a pain.........

But i have found using a wildcard to get the 3rd attachement  and using =  select fire, rapid fire, longbarrel or silencer makes it on heck of a weapon .....but as a burst gun .......i suck with it

BukLau101

Prestiging a gun is definately worth it. When you get to max level prestige 2 you get a calling card and 5000 XP. When you get a gun gold you get another calling card and 5000 XP and when you have a gun gold and max level prestige 2 you get another calling card and 10 000 XP. Thats 20 000 XP just for using a gun.

If any of you guys decide to prestige your weapons this is probably a good weekend for it.  I read yesterday on Twitter that starting today and lasting until Monday that there will be Double Weapons XP. The tweet was from @jeepchick so it could be true. 

I find the leveling up of guns quite rewarding and since its the only way to customize your avatar with tags and logos on the guns I also find it worthwhile as I like a little individuality in game.

Heck, I wish they went to 3 or 4 instead of stopping at 2 with more customizing options.

RAMBONER

RL...I prestigetd only the guns I liked and knew I was going to put in a semi permanent class.  Certain guns I knew I was only levelling up for diamond and then Id never use them again.

Also a great time to prestige your gun is when you are doing the 150 kills without attachments or perks.  You prestige the weapon and by the time youve completed the 150kills without attachments you should have most of what you like to use back.    That gets one of them out of the way.

The ones that were real buggers to prest. for me was the LMGs.  Also no perks and attachments suck with those.  One to go though and then I am done with the ARs SMGs and LMGs with two gold snipers......kindof a fun grind I guess if your like we are  and dont care about stats.

another reason to double prestige the gun and max out its lvl is so that u can get the gun mastery player card and for that u need both all camos and the gun lvl maxed out on prestige 2

At the beggining I was like "I don't need it", but I did it anyway... Why? Probably because I want to show my emblem, just that