25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 5:17 AM by BareMountain RSS

CoD 101: Controller Sensitivity

I go into the subject Higher Vs. Lower sensitivity

Pro's and Cons of each, also which setting is right for you and what you can do if you want to raise it.

What sensitivity did ya'll settle on?

Thanks!

If you want to be a part of my Dr. Bone Series feel free to PM me.

• Re: CoD 101: Controller Sensitivity
    BareMountain

Great post.

Although..

I have always used the highest sensitivity settings possible. I wish there were higher settings to be honest.

In my opinion, I cant understand why anyone would ever play with a lower setting becaue it just limits your gameplay and reactions. In every situation, fast reactions are paramount.

CowboySr

Well, Im always glad to see video that covers less covered material. Its a bit strange to me that you chose this topic and your main point is not to listen to what anyone else tells you, as thats what a video on less covered material is aimed to do.

That said there is a major issue which I have spoken about in these games that bothers me more than anything. its great that you can adjust your turning sensitivity, but the problem is the different weapon types all turn at different speeds. This makes it frustrating for someone like me that likes to use all of the different type classes pending the map selected. The LMGs and Snipers turn very slow, the ARs medium and the SMGs very fast.  So what happens is that if Im using say an MK48 and switch to a Skorpian cause its not working for me, I have a hard time adjusting to longer range aiming, cause it turns so much faster now.  I dont want to change my sensitively everytime I change weapon type. 

I dont know if many people notice this. I keep mine set at 10. Its probably one of my biggest issues with COD. I dont remember this always being a problem in the first CODs, perhaps its only recently.

ctrl-s

Yes - and for that reason, setting at 10 to get the max turn speed available for every weapon seems to work for me.

Would be cool if it could be set at the class level.

CowboySr wrote:

Well, Im always glad to see video that covers less covered material. Its a bit strange to me that you chose this topic and your main point is not to listen to what anyone else tells you, as thats what a video on less covered material is aimed to do.

I've always been a "learn for yourself" kind of guy. What something works for one may not for another. That being said whenever I do these videos I try to cover every aspect of what im covering. Pros and cons of everything to give the viewer a chance to form their own opinion.

jeepchick
    Please put more into your written description, a summary of the video including main points and details. Your post right now is not in line with the YouTube & Streaming Guidelines. Please add more to the written portion and provide a discussion topic.
    Cheers,
    Claire JeepChick

I use the same rule for sensitivity that I used to use on PC games.  I set it where I can confortably flick my finger enough to do a "perfect" 180...no more...no less....  

If I am moving and I am accidently knifing mid air...I know my sensitivity is too low..because I'm over compensating.

Also depends on tv size, etc.

I've got mine at 7....works well with all weapons.

SavagexGhost

14 Insane Sensitivity Cannot Keep Up with a hipfiring smg gunner, but you can keep up with them on black ops 1 wtf does that mean?!

gallp13

Same = max for me 14.

jwaller123

I might be the lowest on here so far. I am on 5. I have a VERY hard time staying on target, but being on 5 at least allows me to check my corners and spin fast enough to at least get a couple of shots off before I am dead. Lol.  I was actually on a 3 on BO1 and I think a 4 on MW3.

randomhero204

I play on 11.

I also use knotrol freeks, Google them if you don't know what they are.

Basically the difference with them for me is that my joystick rarely hits the side. I can be on high sense nd I only have to move the aim stick in small motions to get where I need it.

They are amazing.

IMO of course

nuttin2say

Sorry BoneCarlos, I did not watch your video.

But, per chance, I was tinkering with my sensitivity settings earlier tonight. Trying to figure out WTF has happened to cause me to go from a 1.55 kdr and nearly 50% wlr to a 1.44 and a 43% wlr.

Well, it turned out to not be the sensitivity settings. I've wracked my brains and HATED this game (I still don't think it is a top 3 COD game so I'm not issuing a mea culpa) for two weeks trying to figure it out. But had I not tinkered with the sensitivity settings, I would not have figured out what the problem was. In just three hours or so I went from 1.44 kdr to 1.48 kdr. I went from 43% wlr to 45% wlr.

It was reducing my sensitivity from 11 to 8 to figure it out.

So, anyway, yes sensitivity is extremely important. I suspect that if you have Setting X set to "Enabled," then you will perform better with a higher sensitivity. If you have Setting X set to "Disabled," then a lower sensitivity will probably be better for you. Is Setting X totally noobish? Probably. But I know one thing for sure: the vast, overwhelming majority of the community has it set to "Enabled."

TL_Bare_B_V2

Am I missing something? whats setting X?

BareMountain

I'm lost too tbh lol

nuttin2say

Target Assist.

BareMountain

Oh right. Ha I thought it was a secret mystical setting.

Sensitivity should always be on the highest, in my opinion. The sensitivity isnt just about aiming, its about moving around aswell. You know like turning on people really fast and looking around the map etc 

nuttin2say

Well ... it goes like this. First of all, I've been using the highest sensitivity setting since MW2. This game goes higher than 10, though, and so I set it on 11 when I got the game and never thought twice about it.

But after going bald from pulling out my hair and cursing TA to no end trying to figure out what is causing this game to play so crappy for me, yesterday I got into a zen mode and decided to go back to basics.

Step 1 - slow down. Just do whatever I can to stay alive.

Step 2 - Blow 'em up. I put Scavenger on and started spamming frags. Hmm. Strange. I seemed to be doing pretty good with grenades. Wonder why they aren't missing my targets?

Step 3 - I thought to myself, "self, you're spraying like a fricking maniac. You gotta change that, self." So figured maybe 11 is too sensitive for me. I tried going all the way down to 8. And you know what? I was getting on target more ... and getting a few more kills. Hmmm. That's interesting.

Step 4 - But then I discovered why I like having a high sensitivity: Because I can turn on a dime. So ... back to settings ...

Step 5 - Hmmm. That's interesting. Oh yeah. I remember doing that now. Let me set it back to "Enabled." Holy smokes!!! No way!

Step 6 - Move back up to a sensitivity of 9 ...  no effing way!!

Step 7 - Back to 11 ... You have got to be kidding me. Turning on Targest Assist ... I cannot even post what I really want to say.

BareMountain

I agree with gdexter. The highest setting works for every situation.

And to BoneCarlos, its not power to me for being able to aim at distance with the highest setting on, EVERYONE can do it, all they have to do is get used to it.

If you mess around with the settings, trying to find the 'best one' for you, you will never learn anything. Just put it on the highest setting and yes, 'the avergae Joe' will struggle with it for a while but, like with anything, they will get used to it and end up having faster reactions.

I remember when I first tried it and my aim and movement were all over the place but after a while I got used to it and now I couldnt play the game any lower. It makes all the difference reacting to situations.

Bear90ofs

i use default sensitivity. (i dont like it lower or higher lol. lower is to slow. higher is to fast, i use every type of gun so that may be a reason why, hate switching the sensitivity mid-game for each class i switch too.)