18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 3:42 PM by FLi_iNc RSS

The new patch :/

FLi_iNc

Made zombies harder, so what? But definitely needs ALOT of work. Definitely. Some stuff need to be reversed and some added or subtracted. Overall i dont like it but dont pay too much attention to it. What do you all think?

• Re: The new patch :/
    GulfCoastGirl

FLi_iNc wrote:

Made zombies harder, so what? But definitely needs ALOT of work. Definitely. Some stuff need to be reversed and some added or subtracted. Overall i dont like it but dont pay too much attention to it. What do you all think?

I went to bed last night after they kicked me off for the patch upate so I haven't played since the latest patch but I already know that if the patch made the zombies run faster I'm not going to be a happy camper.

I know there are some players that like it when they make it harder, but I think they should take a long hard look at how many don't like it harder because if they continue down this path, they may develop themselves right out of a massive customer base.

There needs to be a balance between challenging and fun.  If it's too hard, it's no fun.

FLi_iNc

Hmm i see your point.. Some people do not play for challenges and stuff. I cant understand why they wanted the zombies stronger earlier anyway. I was happy with the way zombie was at first but glitchers, hackers, and people who are lazy ruined the game so we just gota see if treyarch plan on changing anything. Sadly idc enuf if they do or not but i do want this to be a game that everyone can enjoy

They do have the easy mode in custom, tho I doubt people want to do it that way. What did the patch do, just make them faster? Doesn't seem too bad.

texratty

i agree on die rise its hard enough withough harder, fater zombies especially with it being so new people are still trying to learn their way around.
      that being said i think its a good idea with tranzit as theres a lot of open space so it would make training zombies more risky

I think this map is too easy, I just got to wave 43 with 2 downs. The sliquifier and the steam trample is too overpowered but yea they definately need to patch it where we can walk around the map with crawlers that dont die out but if they do, they have to respawn so we dont start a new wave when i still need to do stuff like get an elevator key so everyone can get jug.

So a 2nd patch was added yesterday (including the one over the weekend pre-die rise)?  The zombies are quicker/stronger?

FLi_iNc

Thats right. You should notice around the 10th round. They seem like their on 20. Also fog running can kill them soooo enjoy :)

When did this happen? I only got 1 patch that I assume had some fixes and opened up support for the new maps when it drops. When did the other drop? Or was it a hot fix? Which is not a patch.

FLi_iNc

Im sorry for not being clearer earlier but Your "Patch" from the update comes with fixes and support. Those fixes in which adjust the game to stop cheaters basically. The zombies get stronger and faster "faster". You cant play 2 or 3 public, which required a trick anyway. If you didnt notice it sit down, play a game of zombies, and be amazed at the work of the new update.

Lunar---tick

Ii only played 1 game on solo last night. Funnily enough i found it easier. Basically i perk up early then go to the tunnel. Before the patch i found it harder to round up the zombies before round 10 with staminup due to everything being two paced. Zombies where all over the place and took longer to get a tight train.

Now they are quicker it's easier to time the zombies whereabouts and the gaps when i double back through a pack of new spawning zombies. Also another thing i noticed they never died in the fog which i was worried about but never happened.

Ps, i run a riot shield on my back with jug and did notice my sheild copped more hits than normal, but overall i think the patch has been good.

Pps, i'm a woose and stay away from choke points, narrow sections may be of concern.

FLi_iNc

Not all zombies die in the fog but if u hold a runner or 2 they will die and start the next round

Lunar---tick

Yeah! Didnt happen for me.  I tried multiple zombies, two zombies, one zombie etc. Shot them, run them through lava, had staminup so also out run them. Not once did they die. Weird.

DBiggz

I've played, and yet to see a round end due to running in the fog with 1 or 2 left. This happened initially after the first update but that was quickly fixed. I haven't seen it happen at all.

Also, only thing I have really taken notice to is the zombies double swipe more often causing double hits from one zombie. And they spawn more often in the fog. Makes it a little bit harder, even more so for the novice, but nothing to complain about.

Lunar---tick

That may be the reason, i only had 1 update about 12 hours ago. I dont play everyday, maybe the first update was when my son was playing the other day. Or maybe i got two updates at the same time! I didnt realise the where two.

Lunar---tick

Ok, i played a public game and they do die and double swipe whereas solo plays like before. I must say i dont like it. It's a pain in the arse with randoms. I still did alot of running and even had to do a round in the cabin with the bus gun which was kind hectic before doin power to activate my perks. Also did a fair bit of teleporting which is fine.

I think if you can get knuckles early everything will be fine and run where ever and when ever. The biggest issue is the 10ft zombie arm double swiping especially before perking up. So lots of WTF moments, i left at round 11 after host migration without any downs seeing the game no longer counted but must say it was a **** fight and was lucky to get that far considering i'd normally do it standing on my head.

In summary, i either have to rethink a stategy or just play solo. I think this patch is a total **** up. With a team on mics maybe not so bad but with randoms it's horrible.

Mdog1

They messed with the physics of the zombies. It's not just how fast they run, it's how fast they hit, and they no longer run in a completely straight line any more, it's more like a straight line with some curves. The first time I played I went down 2 times in the first 20 rounds. Now i'm adjusted, and back to normal. The game's back to being easy.