17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 12:35 PM by RiCEADDiCTBOY RSS

How To Avoid going Master Prestige?

hvitdverg

Is there a way I can avoid going master prestige? I've been delaying the matter for ages, resetting prestiges and staying in 9th for a very long time. I decided to go 10th just cause I like leveling, though.. Do i automatically get leveled to masterprestige after lvl 55? or can I avoid it ?
if not, TREYARCH give us some new prestiges, cause Master prestige emblems is not worth the hassle. 90% of master prestigers are hackers..

• Re: How To Avoid going Master Prestige?

Nope, you automatically go PM from prestige 10 lvl 55. I have many friends that are prestige 10 lvl 55 and stopped playing because of how a shame the prestige master emblem became.

phxs72

Wow!  To each his own but I know that I didn't drop $60 on a game just to let somebody that I don't even know's opinion of my prestige level stop me from playing it.  I hope that your friends learn to not put so much value in the opinion of complete strangers.  Otherwise they are going to live a hard life.

Or you could grow a pair and stop caring what RANDOM PEOPLE ON COD THINK OF YOU. Fuxk some of you people take being accused of cheating so seriously. If you know you're legit you shouldnt care if somebody says otherwise. Posts like these really make me wonder just how pathetic parts of the community have become. Boohoo, Treyarch allows their game to be exploited this bad within a month of release. Stop talking about it and find other **** to b!tch about. Before you know it you'll have purchased all the dlc and the newest CoD will be dropping in a weeks time.

Well, you can't deny the fact that the prestige master emblem is now a shame to have though.

It was a shame to have since the second or third week after release. Actually no, I remember 5th day after release my 13 year old brother told me he can get 11th. So Idk why you say its a shame to have now. It's been like that for a while.

msharpblue4d

Everyday there are more people showing up as master prestige with idiotic stats. I ran into a few last night that had 2500 and above unstopable medals. It's a joke when you see a prestige master and the first thing that comes to mind is if they earned it, or if it's another bad player that is going to rage quit once they started getting worked.

The new combat record additions show just how ignorant the hackers are. Several idiots last night had 32,000 kils and 14,000 headshots... So half of their kills were headshots? Um no. Having 200 nuclear medals with 2500 unstoppable? So they got 42 or so kills without dying using gun only, but then repeatedly go 5-15.

So yes the master prestige emblem has lost it's prestige and becomes more of a joke everyday. I'm sure you enjoy having everything unlocked without earning it though.

BlackhawkbillOO7

hvitdverg wrote:

Do i automatically get leveled to masterprestige after lvl 55?

Yes, unless you stop playing the game. You do get an option to reset all your stats after you reach Master Prestige.

hvitdverg wrote:

90% of master prestigers are hackers..

I think your percentage is a little inflated. I have noticed since this last update that a lot of Hackers have been reset. Also, if you are legit who cares what anyone else says...

zvers

Should have stopped at 9!!!! lol. You could always reset your stats but I understand if you don't, I wouldn't after all that work either!

Debacker91

I'm almost PM if they call me a glitcher fine for them. They should learn first the diffrence between a glitcher and sombody that do it legal. Thanks god we have a MUTE button on this game.

Just hit it mate and own the haters

sstang1

10th Prestige in MW2 was ruined by Hackers so I stopped at 9th.

Now Prestige Master is ruined in Black Ops 2 - so I'll be stopping at 9th again.

When I see these two symbols I think Hacker !! - even if maybe they got it legit - its a shame.

crossfire-roadster

The only problem with not prestiging is you can't unlock everything.

I reached master prestige last night. I could care less about what people think. I quit using my headset a month ago because I was getting the helicopter sound glitch so now I listen but don't have to answer.

If you like to prestige then just do it.  Don't worry about what others say.  Just mute or ignore them

rlbl

I am not stopping

I will not get banned

I do not care about what others think

I am a man (who plays games *sigh*)

hvitdverg

Man, hopefully they will update the prestige emblems, like in MW3. I don't care that much, it's just that I love the way the 10th prestige look, Master prestige looks ugly compared to 10th prestige.

Also, there are too many children running around with a "CLAN" name, Optic_Iamanoob_1234, and their all master prestige. Shame really. I made the same mistake in MW2 haha, after 9th prestige I was bored and went 10th

i_am_legend

I'm at prestige 9.. I can get to master by the end of the weekend. little weary because of all the notoriety the emblem has. prestige.6 and 7 were the best icons for this game.