1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 5:38 PM by 5fresh Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    TheBeastlyDude

Thank you. I did read the Probation thread and did not reply because I don't have those issues. This thread has to do more with rage quiting and getting the probation. Your other threads have to deal with more of the technical side and stuff out of the player's control.

• 51. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    phxs72

It's not the one match that gets you on probation.  It's the leaving and leaving and leaving again that does it.  The odds of you joining a spawn trap that many times in a row is pretty unheard of and I've got more days in the game than probably anybody should.  So I know what I'm talking about.  The point of probation is to encourage responsible participation which is quite lacking at the moment from many.  The Devs feel that staying in the match is important enough to how well their game plays that they are willing to lose customers that chose to be irresponsible or they wouldn't have implemented it in the first place.  I'm sure that they feel that the improvement to the playability of the game will draw in more than enough new players to make up for the ones that they lose.

• 52. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    mn7_la

Therein lies another problem: A regulation (or rule) must be *CLEAR, UNAMBIGUOUS". Does it say anywhere how many games (or games per hour) must one quit to be put on probation?

Let me say this: I quit * A HUGE LOT * of games. If I'm host, sometimes, I quit even before a match starts. If I don't like a game (even if I'm getting Hellstorms & Sentry Guns) - I will quit.

I have 15+ days of Game-Play time - and my W/L is 0.5. I have *NEVER ONCE* been put on probation. Please NOTE: I *NEVER* dashboard - I never pull the internet out of my PS3. I don't care 2 hoots for my stats (you can look at ELITE - I have sub-200 SPM and just around a 1.0 k/d). I quit *ONLY* because I (have a feeling that I won't or) don't enjoy the game - PERIOD.

MN

• 53. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    mn7_la

I'm a progammer too (been one for just around 10 years, now).

If they even remotely followed the SDLC concepts - their product/service would be so much better.

I don't work on graphics-oriented programming (my work is on Legacy Mainframe applications) - but I have some experience with C, C++ & VB (although not on my professional line of work).

I feel like they don't have a wide enough & big enough beta-testing group. If they're going to have a PROD population of 500,000 - they should at least have 50,000 beta-testers - and I imagine they have more like 5,000 (if that much).

On the "Credits" on the Campaign - I noticed they seem to have out-sourced or contracted their QA-testing to a separate company (though I'm not quite sure). If that is the case - they should redraft their contracts that allows a fine to be levied on the QA-consultancy for each PROD defect that we (the end users) report.

Just my $0.02.

MN

• 54. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    TheBeastlyDude

mn7_la wrote:

Therein lies another problem: A regulation (or rule) must be *CLEAR, UNAMBIGUOUS". Does it say anywhere how many games (or games per hour) must one quit to be put on probation?

This! I agree, there should be a rule or something listed. If someone is able to experiment with this, it may be a huge help to the community. The only thing I have figured out is it is quiting 3 times in X amount of time.

I don't care about stats either. Check mine out also. If I am getting my tush handed to me, I change my game style up or I try to troll the other team with RPGs and Riot Shields hoping that the next game will be better for me.

• 55. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem

I think a lot of people are using the actual issues as excuses to quit when they know damn well they are simply quitting to protect K/D when there is not an actual problem in that match.

THAT, is the problem.

People who know that is true tend to get the most angry when you bring it up too...

• 56. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    ae_gs

I can't stand people who pull the plug.  I was playing against a clan in hq and they all had negative kdrs and negative wlrs and when we got to 245 they pulled the plug right before we won.  I was getting kills near the end of the game and they were all counting down to when the host was going to pull the plug.

This is the stuff that makes me never want to play the game again.  Getting losses a second before we are going to win the game.  If the host quits give the winning team a win and the losing team a loss.

One of the reasons why I use low killstreaks (uav, cp, cuav) is because whenever a good killstreak is called in the other team quits.

• 57. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    mn7_la

Beastly:

It's not the COMMUNITY that needs to test out how many games in how much time will lead to a probation. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to publish that information.

AND - if you look at it: the threads complaining about the probation will actually decrease if everyone knows "if you quit N-games in X-time you will be banned for M-minutes".

This valuable information will be helpful for chronic-quitters too. They can count the number of quits every X-time units and make sure they're within that limit. This will also decrease the number of migrating-hosts - because people will not join a game for a few minutes if they're near the point of being put on probation. Lesser "chronic-quitters" joining - means lesser migrating-hosts - right?

Trolling: I personally don't like to stay around in a game if I can't play the objective. There's no point - I simply don't enjoy annoying other players (Trolling - I take it is an action performed to obtain a reaction from others). Like I said: If I can't add value to my team - and if I end-up being a fodder for enemy scorestreaks - it makes ZERO sense for me to continue a match. It's got nothing to do with "manning up" - it's got everything to do with ruining a good game for other players (especially on my team - that will succumb to enemy scorestreaks as a result of me getting killed multiple times).

MN

• 58. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    TheBeastlyDude

mn7:

I agree with you; we shouldn't be testing it out to see what leads to probation. I just don't see Treyarch coming out anytime soon to give us the details. Instead of countless threads of people asking, why not just try to get the information out there. When I get home, I will test it out to find out what it's limits are.

Also, I only play HCKC and HCTDM so by trolling, I am still collecting tags and such.

• 59. Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem
    mn7_la

That's an assumption - albeit a self-admitted one.

Why do you think such K/D-minded players will not care about their W/L as well? You also assume that such players are only concerned about their k/d-s but don't care for their w/l-s?

While I respect your opinion - I still disagree. If a majority of the community bothered so much about k/d - I don't think there'd be enough YouTube videos showing Swarms & K9s. IMO - a huge majority of the players are just looking to have some fun, enjoy a video game. May be a small percent even bother looking at their stats on ELITE - and an even smaller percent will actually pay such close attention to their K/Ds.

Again - this too is an opinion. And you're most welcomed to disagree & offer a counter s'il vous plait.

MN

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next