33 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 3:55 AM by jacob1606 RSS

Theories on How to Get PHD Flopper

Well seems how we all want to get Flopper really bad, I wanted to start a discussion on ways we might be able to get it for people to try if they are looking for ideas. I invite you all to put your feedback and ideas on here as well. Here are the top three theories I have heard people mention and what I have come up with:

1. The Leaping-Nova zombies give you a free perk if you get through the round without getting hurt by them. This is pretty difficult but not impossible. As the rounds get higher it gets even harder but I think you are going to need to get all the perks available on the map through this free perk method. That's Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double Tap, Who's Who?, Quick Revive, and Mule Kick, which means you will need to get through two rounds of Nova Leaper zombies and get two free perks. Then on the third one you will need to get through it without getting hurt once more and I believe you will get Flopper. This would be the reward Treyarch would give you reward you for such a hard thing to do. This would be the reason that the perk machine is on the map but we can't get to it; it wouldn't make sense if we just got it without there being a perk machine, but Treyarch doesn't want to make getting it easy at all. It would obviously be the perfect thing to have on Die Rise. Remember the Mad Scientist round on Five, we could get max ammo from him, but if we killed him before he took anyone's guns we got Bonfire sale! In Ascension if the monkies never touched any of the perk machines we got a new perk. This is why I suggest taking no damage from those leapers because it could be a similar deal.  This one has been confirmed to not work by many people but I am not quite abandoning hope that the nova leapers may have something to do with it.

Subclause A: It might turn out that all 4 players need to have all 6 perk before the game will give Flopper as the 7th perk. This should be tried as well before this is considered disproved.

Subclause B: On solo I have gotten about 5 bottles in a row including one without taking any damage from leapers, so I don't think that taking no damage has anything to do with it.

2. If the 3 rounds of the Leaper zombies doesn't work, then people have suggested using the Trample Steam on the elevator that drops and timing it just perfectly so that you get flung right into the room with Flopper. I almost guaruntee that WON'T work because you can't get into small landings and holes from jumping down from somewhere and, unfortunately, you will have a high velocity downwards as the elevator is nearing the door to jump through. Physics says we probably won't be able to get it that way.

3. The other thing I thought of, which is most likely not original is using a specific combination of keys in different keyholes, and possibly at the same time, or in a certain order. This would also make it extremely difficult to obtain flopper, which is why Treyarch would probably require that.

4. Another idea is that if you already have all 6 perks when you complete the easter egg, then possibly you may be able to get a 7th upon completion. The easter egg has been solved and only gives 6 perks, but I have yet to see any team who has 6 perks already go complete the easter egg. Until then this could be a possibility.

5. Another possibility I have been considering is that in the same way there are still areas on Tranzit that are mysterious and seem like they could be opened, this PHD Flopper might sit in that elevator shaft without being able to be obtained until the last DLC comes out and all the maps get an addon which opens them up further, or changes them in some way. I believe all 9 perks will be on Nuketown Zombies, I believe there will be something more in Tranzit, I believe Flopper will be opened, and that there will be many more surprises in all the new maps.

6.  Is it possible that the key hole and red button down the hall from the bottom of the spawn elevator is an emergency stop?! What if while people were going down the person at the bottom put their key in and pushed the button? It would have to be timed just right but that could be a potential method for getting in the bottom or the top door to get at the perk... Anyone wanna try this to debunk it? I can't right now so I count on you.

7. This one is proven to kill you: Trying to get on top of the elevator either when it is coming up to you, or when it is going away will kill you. Go ahead and try it.

Feel free to also add anything you have tried that didn't work.

• Re: Theories on How to Get PHD Flopper
    superjolly1231

1 has already been tried a debunked. I think the most likely is 4. I think you'll get every perk when completing the EE including phd like in moon.

Using the Jumper crawlers to obtain the PHD bottle is confirmed false.

xtour55

i thought you got the free perk from the leapers if you only used your knife and not shooting them? i could be wrong but i thought that was the case.

#2 is pretty entertaining. i dont see that one being effective either.

my idea WAS to find some parts to repair the elevator somehow. of course that was on release day and i no longer believe that to be possible. i havent come across any parts yet that i havent used. and im not so sure that flopper will be the ee reward cause if you remember the ToB all we got were some pretty lights and a drop.

my thoughts on it now are 2 things

1. we will need to use flopper somehow to complete either side of the ee. maybe we do something for maxis and we have to do something else in a specific time frame and he will give us flopper to help us help him.

2. completing the ee will open up the side mission and we will have to figure out how to obtain flopper.

I can't believe no one has suggested using emp grenades on the elevator on the way down.

I personally think Treyarch is trolling us and you can't get it.

Just to add I got the Shafted acheivment without PHD flopper. I really do think its just a treyarch troll lol which is a shame, because this perk would have been awesome for this map

shelmoon

my guess is easter egg hopfully, but only that perk not all of them, not till further dlc but hopefully there is a good reward at least

DeathBringer-Zen

I think it is more likely it would be a reward, if not a troll.

I have tried several methods to get into it so far, and have also went through 4 "leaper" rounds after having all perks, and still have not got it free, although I am sure I took some damage from them, so maybe you're suggestion that it can be obtained without taking damage in the bonus rounds is still possible.

I have to admit, I really do believe it is just a troll on Treyarch's part, but then again, we CAN obtain all the perks through the bonus rounds, so leave's you wondering what sort of reward we could get after completion of the EE? I mean, if it is not the in-game perks, then it could only be a weapon, or hidden perk surely?

Time will tell...

y0 guys i think i know something sont know if some tried it but i think you guys sure know te part to attach to the elevator and put the keys in to get the elevator to you but if we use it for the elevator at PHD flopper maybe whith each key you can go a down or up

hope i helped.

The perk's drop from the nova zombies when you melee the whole round, there is nothing to do with taking damage or not.

My theory is that after completing the EE, in future games you will be able to receive phd from the nova zombies.

offthewall2

I'm starting to think PHD Flopper is going to be rewarded as a persistent perk, the machine is just there as a reminder. People have seen the green mist without knowing what they unlocked, you guys should try to do explosive things to try and unlock it.

A theory I have is to buy Who's Who, cook a frag grenade and suicidally kill some zombies. When you revive yourself you might get a green mist, like how Persistent Jug works. The effect of Persistent PHD Flopper might be reduced explosive damage to yourself, or maybe dolphin diving on some zombies from a higher level will give you the red insta-kill effect instead of a nuke.

At this point in time it makes more sense that it is going to be a persistent perk, since the "Shafted" achievement has already been unlocked.

I was just looking around the forum trying to see if anyone for this topic lol. I agree with you completely my thoughts was that it was there as a troll or that it was put down that hallway that cant be reached but seen for a reason. I was hoping that it was there so that it was on the map and that the only way to get it was from the free random perk seeing as it would be random and hard to get but it is on the map so could be possible you could get it. Although a reward for the EE kind of makes sense as well

Vaporybean

Has anyone tried placing a flinger on the freight elevator and trying to get thrown into the tunnel?

KingNilla

Does anyone know if once you turn the power on if PHD turns on as well? That could be an indication you can get it

Hey guys, I updated the original post with a number 5 and a number 6. Number 6 in particular could be tested easily and proved or disproved.

Has anyone tried getting who's who and send the elevator down and jump on top of the elevator? Or have someone send the elevator back up and get on top of the elevator?

I think it falls too fast to get on top of, you will probably fall the whole way until you land on top of the elevator at which point, your teammates won't be able to revive you... The way I could forsee getting on top of the elevator could be to send the elevator down, then use a key in the slot at the end of the hallway, and have it go back up while someone is sitting at the very top waiting for it, then when it's about to get back to the top, THAT's when they jump on it. Then everyone gets back in and the elevator falls again, and that person should be on the top of the elevator near enough to that door to get in the one under flopper, which oddly enough looks like the end of the hallway has a door which can be bought. I will add this to the theory in the original post.

I've been thinking about this theory for awhile now. Since the Easter Egg gives you all perks already... What if you kill the nova crawlers and leave the perk bottle there. and quickly finish the easter egg, get all the perks then get the bottle? Everytime I see someone just knife the crawlers i never see a perk bottle drop.. unlike in Ascension or Call of the dead the perk bottle does drop, even after they've had all perks.

Hello,

I don't think it's possible to get phd flopper, just cause the fact it's not able in any map and in die rise it will remove the faling damage so you can jump from extreme heigts.

Greetings

FOHDR

I have done a bit of exploring in free camera mode.  There are tricks to seeing behind walls and such.  Using these tricks I was able to locate several rebuildable windows in the same section of the building as PHD, and I also found what looked like a dead person laying down 1 floor up from PHD.  Anyone who has or is trying to do the EE might have noticed the phrases that are said like "use this to kill the foul ones, well the other foul ones"  or something like that.  I beleive there will be a part to the Maxis EE where he has you go into the freight elevator and he controls it (it is electronic) but stops at the floor below PHD and there will be several doors and Stronger NEW type of zombies that spawn(being controled by Richtofen to stop you). completing this part of the EE will get you up 1 floor and to the PHD hallway which will lead back to the elevator to get you out.  I do not think that part of the building will be reachable any other way before or after completing that part of the EE.  So since the Chuck Norris zombies ( the jumpers that round house kick you) can give you all other perks except PHD, you will have to complete the EE prior to getting 4 perks so that you will be able to purchase PHD.

Maybe a nav card that is gonna be found in one of the next dlc map packs will stop the elevator in front of the phd flopper room and you will get a few second to get it

"Trolololololol" --Treyarch

I got 5 bottles in a row, including one without taking any damage. So there goes that theory. For anyone who has been thinking that the "Shafted" acheivement is proof that we can't get flopper, then read the description more carefully. It says use all perk machines and a pack a punched gun. It doesn't say get all perks. Important distinction. I'm still thinking that we can't get flopper though.

im pretty sure the pdh flopper is just there to look at and is untainable at all just like one of their prevous zombie maps in black ops 1 where you could see a perk machine but there was no way at to get to it. it was just sitting there to troll or to bring back memorys