1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 165 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 10:46 AM by Barkebain Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

this thread done now im bored

• 21. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    snorubit

Bielsalmighty wrote:

I cant help feeling people are just noticing it more due to having been with the series so long; the longer you stick with something, the more its nuances and foibles stand out.

What? I notice it because I have played a lifetime (seemingly) of FPS online, know what to expect once I get the feel for new weapons and, when it varies greatly, have enough experience to say to myself: Self, wtf just happened?

I appreciate your perspective however for me personally it doesn't apply.QED, I have 22,960 kills. Monday my K/D was 1.67. Today my K/D is 1.65. Do you know how many poor connections and resultant poor games across mulitple opponents in TDM, K/C and Domination I had to play over two days to drop my K/D that much? I was literally unloading to the point of a reload in the hopes of surviving their 4-5 shot burst.

Note: I am not hung up on K/D but it is the only metric other than accuracy that I have to illustrate the point (my accuracy takes a hit when this nonsense is going on too but is not as apparent due to thousands of "rounds" fired).

Like most I have my occasional bad game, facing people simply better than me. Great. What I don't find fun is when the hit detection causes me to lose out the vast majority of the time against people who are frankly not as good a player (barely break even types). It is not my typcial experience based on years of play on the Xbox platform (original) and I have enough experience and am just good enough to know that I should generally win more than half of these engagements as a general rule.

• 22. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    belly120

gotta say lag exsists and isn't an excuse, the level of ignorance on this issue is staggering.  the amout of videos and comentators on here and on you tube prooves it a dozen times over. 

this issue has to be raised everyday until 3arc stop dishing out BS and man up and fix there stupid net code.

my experience roles from one extreme to another, some days its great, others it totally bombs and is unplayable. sometimes its match by match but basically it blows and they need to simply sort it out.

just look at all the issues with the DLC, if they can stuff that up you honestly want me to believe they made the games netcode well either.

• 23. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    maccabi

darkwitness wrote:

peple said there was nothing wrong with mw3 and the people complaining were just using excuses up until the point that IW actually patched the game and got it running better. 

really? i dont think i ever met anyone who said mw3 was fine, or that it didnt have problems, heck i def didnt , i hounded the devs for months about stuff i saw was wrong//. the two main issues connection/lag comp  i was also totally correct about too and both were later fixed/adjusted.

please dont think i just come on here to berate people i don't. But end of the day i do know what im talking about even if people dont like what i say or agree

• 24. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

I would really like to see a video where a person is host and he gets lag, really bad lag. I know some people have problems while being Host but i personally never experienced lag while being Host. It should be real time footage, not the fake theater mode.

• 25. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    Bielsalmighty

I never said that nobody has chronic issues, nor did I mean to imply that everyone is a nublet. Just that a lot of examples that get thrown up as proof of a broken game happen to be regular lag that happens in every game, not just this one. And I cant help feeling a lot of people who put up those examples are those who aren't necessarily vets like you, or extremely sensitive as to latency/timings as myself. One of the joys of being musical - if my hands input something, and it doesn't register straight away, I notice it.

• 26. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

you are experiencing the same thing as myself and my clan are. we are all in the US.

it seems we all lost skills, accuracy, etc by simply downloaing the dlc.   

• 27. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

lol now MW3 i had no issues what so ever right from mw2 bo1 mw3 for me till i hit this game but saying that i did stop playing it for 3 months dec to feb maybe it was patched in that time

• 28. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

MW3 was straight up garbage.

• 29. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    r33k

i have also:

played online games since the early days of the stone age

have great internet connection and a properly setup configuration

have an adaptive mind that also adapts to lag

am a relativly good player

but this game leaves we wondering if i want to continue down this path with this franchise if this is the end product. because it is not what i have been acustomed to playing in regards to LAG. it seems different, forced, intentional.

being a predominatly HC player, DEMANDS that i be the FIRST person to shoot AND be ON TARGET. which, infact i am MOST of the time. it troubles me that even though i posses these skills that i am shot down even though i "won" the shootout.

this is the only game from the COD franchise where i have experienced this phenomenon when playing in a lobby that is of the best connection wise that i can see(all players 4 bar, no skips or percived lag).

with this hightened awareness that i must anticipate EVEN MORE than usuall(basicly see the future), i can return to old titles like BLOPS1 or MW3 and be an absolute beast because peoples awareness in those games is tuned to a less lagged out system where they do not have to anticipate all this delay. that to me tells me that there is a fundemental change in this game. one that does not make it as enjoyable as titles in the past.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next