20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 4:26 AM by gallp13 RSS

DLC Crap

This revolution junk is bullcrap, we should have the option of turning off DLC content in public matches like you could in MW3. Since downloading the map pack 3 hours ago, it takes me absolute AGES to find a game to join, and those are poor quality connections. I don't know what the crap is going on but i regret purchasing the revolution package, now that i can hardly play the game now.

• Re: DLC Crap

try changeing your search preff to normal i had no problems afeter doing this finding games although was still hit and miss with bad connections

Already done that. Tried all 3. I still get put into lobbies with 1 or 2 people and wait forever for it to fill, only to have shitty lag everytime and the lobby never lasts more than 1 or 2 games. It's turned to ****, hard enough getting good games when living in darwin without dropping the number of optional lobbies for me to find.

trialstardragon

You do realize you do not have to have the maps installed if you do not like them, You can simply delete them from your hard drive and then the game will not seek out any matches with anyone that has it.

Just because MW3 let you turn it off does not mean BO2 has to have that feature. Both are made by seperate companies that use different features to keep their games different and seperate from each other.

That may work, but what a suggestion, delete content you have paid for just to get things to work! That is totally unacceptable. Pity that Treyarch did not have the gumption to take a leaf out of the MW3 book and impliment this. I would not hold my breath for a fix!

thetizzleguy

Lol Dragon mate,you do realize he has only made this thread because he is probably getting killed too much because he does not know the maps and because he cant join the game...

How can he say its JUNK? if he cant get into a game than how can he know what their like?

@OP maybe sort your tinternet connection out and try again. i have NONE issues getting into a game and i play in a party of 6, if you played in a party of 6 in MW3 it took a year to get into a game...

DLC= FU**ING AMAZING AND I LOVE IT <3

trialstardragon

Oh I know this, but the point is if that he is really that unhappy simply delete the maps and move on. Or he could man up and give it more time. I was not really a fan of hydro but then again that was becaue I had not played it that much either. Now it is not much different than plaza. Not one of my favorite maps but playable.

@ tizzleguy : Are you SERIOUSLY that stupid? Don't dribble crap out of your rectum, i made this thread as i am having a technical issue, you may make threads to make excuses, or have friends who do so, but if i have an issue, i'll make sure it's a legitimate one. Gtfo. This is an issue i've heard others are also having, i'm running telstra internet, not some shitty Dodo internet, it is not my connection, i have no issues getting into maps with normal maps on, but the second i turn on dlc it all goes to crap. Since deleting the map pack i have had no issues, so it's directly related to it. Take your assumptions elsewhere and thanks to those who made the effort to give suggestions rather than dribble crap about "hes probably just crap, total noob, no skillz br0" like this tizzle moron did.

thetizzleguy

Lol, Sorry i did not mean to offend you it was actually only a joke. obviously you took iot to heart so i apoligise for that.

I do agreee with the ON/OFF DLC button too but there is not one at this point so just deal with it and play on.

CliveBixby

Move the map pack to a USB flash drive and only plug it in when you want to use the new maps.

sgtDLC

Biggglesworth wrote:

This revolution junk is bullcrap, we should have the option of turning off DLC content in public matches like you could in MW3. Since downloading the map pack 3 hours ago, it takes me absolute AGES to find a game to join, and those are poor quality connections. I don't know what the crap is going on but i regret purchasing the revolution package, now that i can hardly play the game now.

Would be nice to have option to turn off dlc but this is common problem with dlcs in 3arc games. First not all people bought dlc, second some of those who even want to buy dlc they can't because regional lock so lot of people don't have dlc and it takes lot of time to find players and searches are expanded to global because of lack of players

Result is long waits and more lag lag lag

belly120

so glad i didn't waste my money, 3arc have had to much of mine with this game already lol.  i haven't played since it came out as i figured with all the downloading etc it would be a total cluster f*ck to play.  i really want to know how many suckers wasted their money on this. 

they so should have put the option in to disable it like MW3, just shows the lack of fore thought or effort 3arc put into this game.

i agree must do disable dlc button!!!

trialstardragon

You may want it but does not mean they must do it or have to ever do it.

bigdaddyhammer

Honestly, Dragon, I think the only reason I come here anymore is to see your posts, filled with intellectual goodness, about how "doesn't mean they have to" or "multiplayer is a bonus... they can shut it off anytime"... you're such a ******* knob, dude. Stop being the COD Defender and be a real ******* person. Every time someone whines(for which there are plenty of reasons in this game), you feel the need to impose your 9000-posts-deep brand of justice. I really wish you'd find a new hobby. Like patrolling schoolyards, telling kids "hey... it's 'supposedly', not 'supposebly' or something like that.

nuttin2say

Unless they changed something, if you bought the DLC, that DLC went through XBL and once you buy something through XBL you can delete it and download it again later. At least, that's the way COD4, WaW, and MW2 worked. Never deleted the MW3 DLC so don't know since MW2, but that's the way it's always been in the past.

starbuckfrack

If you are in a game with few people in it then of course you are going to have even less people in those lobbies that also have the DLC. At most 20 percent (more like 10 probably) have the DLC.

So if you are in a gmae mode with say 5000 people in it normally then you will probably only have 500 people with the DLC in that gametype.

If for example you are playing in League Play that is a defnitely long wait to get into matches anyway.

The matchmaking even furthers it down even more because it is now only searching for available players on your continent only thus making even less players to be in your games.

Now if you are for example in the US with TDM games then you shouldnt have any problems with EITHER DLC only maps or regular, if you did check all your settings in the game menus.

And chill man. you arent going to get Tech Support here.

You know whats funny ? They stil make single Player only games for 60 bucks and people pay it. But add some online play and people freak out over every little thing.

gallp13

DLC great. Lots of lobbies where I am haing great fun.

McZOMBI

I've experienced the same thing but it seems to be getting me better connections when I do get a game so I can't complain. I figured it was because people with DLC are more likely to have made attempts to improve their connections but from what you say it might just be dumb luck.

gallp13

Hi Biggles,

I have Telstra connection based in NSW. DLC pack s working fine....normal wait times and low lag on "Best"

Sounds  like it cold be your location....maybe?