4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 12:08 AM by Vizionary2012 RSS

Digital Copy of BO II is in the store

Hey folks, I remembered some people have disc drive problems and can't play the game because their drive is busted so for anyone that wants to know a digital copy of Black ops 2 HAS in fact hit the stores. 59.99 size is 12.8 GB

• Re: Digital Copy of BO II is in the store
    SoG_Hanix_PC

Kind of wish that they'd give us an option to download it if we had the disk, but stipulate that you'd have to have the disk in the game to pull from the HDD to play the game. They did this with one of the Assassin's Creed sequals. It had the option to download Assassin's Creed 1, but you had to have the disk of the sequal game in the drive to play it. I think pulling from the HDD instead of the disk drive would solve a few of this games issues; not a lot or all of them, but a few of the issues might be solved. Still, this probably won't happen, so meh.

Um can you clarify your post for me please I am a tad confused.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Basically, they should allow those of us who have wanted a digital copy available but bought the game because that was our only option, the option to download the digital copy for free; but this digital copy wouldn't be able to operate without the actual copy of the game being in the system. This way, the disk reader wouldn't be operating except to approve the digital copy can be played and would then be turned off and would pull everything off of the HDD. The reason behind this would be to stop those of us who decide to download the digital copy can't just go and return the game and get some of our money back, and yet still be able to play the game.

One of the Assassin's Creed Sequal Special Editions had something similar to this where you got a digital copy of the first game, but the game disk also worked as an access code to allow you to play the digital copy; forcing you to keep the game if you wanted to keep and be able to play Assassin's Creed 1. So, it can be done, and I'd like to see them do this, or maybe do it with the next game, or just allow us to pre-order it as a digital copy.