10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 7:06 AM by CowboySr RSS

s12 tips/tricks? help?

hello all,

title says it all. trying to get the s12 gold. so far its my least favorite weapon! any body have any pointers on how to use it and whats the best class set up? i have been running long barrel, fast mags, ghost+lightweight, scavenger, and extreme conditioning with a stun grenade and a smaw(trying to reach max level). my problem with it is the range, its horrendous! and when you are 3baring its way worse. im shocked to see that long barrel does improve this weapon at all. so anybody got any suggestions??

thanks for the help in advance, see ya around

tj9008

• Re: s12 tips/tricks? help?

Today i got diamond on my shotguns what do you want to know? I used suppressor extened mag as you do go through the ammo and quickdraw. But i had a class without suppressor and long barrel.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Best tip for that particular shotgun is to play Hardcore. It's easier to get a 1 shot kill, and because of the near full auto nature of the weapon, you can decimate mobs as you run through the map. Also, because of the nature of Hardcore, you can more easily hip fire the weapon which eliminates the need for quickdraw. I would then use Lightweight, Flak Jacket, Scavenger, Tactical Mask, and Dexterity. You'll move quickly and if you're good enough, you'll mow people down before they even knew you were there.

I did all mine on core domination the KSG bloodtursty was the hardest one to do for me.

Doing all of mine in Core as well, but KSG was by far the easiest for me.  I was able to get all bloodthirsties before I had the revenge medals.  Chaos Mosh, longbarrel and QuickDraw for the KSG with run/gun perks.   For the S12, I've had pretty good success with Long barrel, laser, and fast mags or extended.  For me that gun is almost unplayable before LB.

SoG_Hanix_PC

God, that was the first one I did and I was on a roll with it and then I get weighed down with loads of lag and it took me forever to get the Bloodthirsties.

Play hardcore teamdeath match. shock charge both entro's to a room, run and shoot someone when they set one off. scavenger to keep restocking shock charges.

Hardcore was the only way I could get one shot one kills with the auto shotguns

dweez1988

Had it gold fairly fast playing groundwar. This gun is heaven for me.

I used long barrel+laser sight+extended mags.

Lightweight+toughness or scavanger+dexterity

Flanking people and getting nothing but multikills and a lot of them were one hit kills. It's really a beast If you get used to it.

First time I ever used it without a proper loadoat I got over 60 kills in groundwar.

Bielsalmighty

This setup is pretty much what I was going to recommend. You really need the LB and the LS to tighten the spread on this gun, thus giving it more range. Also, ADS! Cant stress that enough.

Also, the dude who suggested going over to HC to speed up the OHKs is right. Makes that part a lot quicker, also advisable for the M1216.

tj9008 wrote:

hello all,

title says it all. trying to get the s12 gold. so far its my least favorite weapon! any body have any pointers on how to use it and whats the best class set up? i have been running long barrel, fast mags, ghost+lightweight, scavenger, and extreme conditioning with a stun grenade and a smaw(trying to reach max level). my problem with it is the range, its horrendous! and when you are 3baring its way worse. im shocked to see that long barrel does improve this weapon at all. so anybody got any suggestions??

thanks for the help in advance, see ya around

tj9008

For my S12 one hit kills I rushed and spammed in Hardcore TDM/Kill Confirmed, you will be surprised how quick the 1HKs rack up while spamming the trigger.

For your second set of challenges Bloodthirties etc, I found camping in Core TDM/KC with a couple of shocksticks for company and Fast Mag/Stock/Fast Mags pretty good.

CowboySr

laser-longbarrel, hardcore, hijacked, stay up in the rooms and comb