1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 113 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 1:09 PM by The_Tickler Go to original post RSS
  • 110. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/29/13*
    Godotpwn

He got it from me a few minutes after playing my first multiplayer game where I noticed the AA problem immediately

• 111. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/29/13*
    Pwnsweet

I didn't, but that shouldn't come as a surprise should it? If you're going to have two different aspect of aim assist, then it's only obvious to have two different aim assist settings.

• 112. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/31/13*
    codcanuck

*This might be up there on the list but worded differently*

When you use a sniper rifle, the camera automatically locks for as long as you are scoped in.

Moving the pointer just moves the scope around the screen instead of making your character turn.

The Nunchuk's stick is what you use to turn left and right, but it's jerky and awkward.

This also means that you can't move your character in and out of cover while scoped in since the Nunchuk's stick is occupied elsewhere.

This did not happen on past Nintendo CoDs.

• 113. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/31/13*
    Ronin2012

thats your penalty for camping

• 114. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/31/13*
    The_Tickler

codcanuck wrote:

*This might be up there on the list but worded differently*

When you use a sniper rifle, the camera automatically locks for as long as you are scoped in.

Moving the pointer just moves the scope around the screen instead of making your character turn.

The Nunchuk's stick is what you use to turn left and right, but it's jerky and awkward.

This also means that you can't move your character in and out of cover while scoped in since the Nunchuk's stick is occupied elsewhere.

This did not happen on past Nintendo CoDs.

This is what I'm experiencing when trying to snipe when crouched or prone.

• 115. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/29/13*
    piiwii

Hey pwnsweet I found a new issue can you add it to your list?

In Campaign if you are crouched (prone) and you press the run button you don't automatically stand up. This is the way it works in multiplayer and I find it very intuitive. Instead, in Campaign you need to manually stand up again before you run. Very annoying.

• 116. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/31/13*
    nerrel

Pwnsweet wrote:

10. The game forces a camera lock when you ADS, requiring the player to move the pointer to cancel the lock. This interferes with the players' ability to track targets that are moving perpendicular to your field of view while going into ADS. The camera should continue to turn during and after the ADS animation ends in one fluid movement with no pause in-between. The switch between 'regular' (ie hipfire) horizontal and vertical turn speed values to ADS horizontal and vertical turn speed values should occur when fully ADS'd. Should the player wish to lock the camera, they can do so manually, but it should not be automatic and forced upon the user as it is now. (TESTED WITH CAMERA LOCK DISABLED/ENABLED)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLC-y3JESgk

This along with the wild cursor jitter that happens when firing automatics are the only real complaints I have left.  You pretty much have to ADS in order to get any kills in this game and sometimes at short range a target is moving too fast to track with your cursor because of this lock.  Having unbroken movement between hip fire and ADS, or at least a streamlining of the transition to keep the camera movement smooth, would be nice.

The jitter problem is mostly noticeable when firing at long range.  It's basically the same cursor stability issue that's been complained about since the start, but I mostly notice it while a gun is recoiling.  It has the effect of making recoil 2-3x more severe than with dual analog controls. I'm not sure if the newest patch has fixed the cursor issues since I haven't played in a week.... not having a functional game at the onset really kills the motivation to play.

• 117. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/31/13*
    Pwnsweet

You really should play the latest build of the game before commenting, otherwise you risk saying something that makes you look ignorant. And if you comment without playing the latest build but put a proviso at the end stating that fact, then it makes your comment basically worthless.

That said, I completely agree with you with regards to the camera movement during the hip fire to ADS transition. Apparently the current system (locked camera) was implemented for 'stability' (straight from Atreyu). Perhaps it does improve stability, but when you get to the level of proficiency with the Wiimote that I am current at, all it does is cause me problems.

With regards to cursor jitter, it is completely fixed now. Its elimination has improved Wiimote aiming immensely. I highly suggest you download the patch and play the game. I'm confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised at just how much better it is now.

• 118. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/29/13*
    Pwnsweet

I'll test it out today and update if necessary. Thanks!

• 119. Re: List of Wiimote problems  - A_TREY_U *Updated 01/29/13*
    Pwnsweet

I'm in campaign right now and pressing sprint (and forward on the control stick) while crouching is causing me to stand up and run just fine...