27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 9:50 PM by Dorksquad280 RSS

Probation

So I just got put on a 5 minute probation for quiting out of public matches too often.

Seriously, this is what they consider something they need to punish. First, I don't dashboard, I just quit or purposely kill 3 teammates to get kicked (usually when my teammates are being selfish pricks ie. camping in kill confirm, racing me for my own kill tags [i have no problem if them take one that is farther from me] or completely ignoring the objective). I don't give a rat's ass about my stats because I know I'm a good player and if the game ever works properly I prove it.

I also quit because I get put into games that are basically over and I'm not going to just stick it out when I can't do anything but die because of my useless teammates.

I also quit mostly because of how ******* unstable this game is. I am not going to stick with a game where I have no chance. Even in the stable games it seems like I'm half a second behind on my screen from what is actually happening. I NEVER win corner battles because in the game I'm already around it before I am on my screen.

If I hear squeeking I generally quit, if I hear another language other than english, I quit. I don't play for stats, and while I am trying for challenges and camo, it's not my main concern. 

I PLAY TO WIN. There used to be a time when that was all that mattered. Not anymore since the BS of rewarding participation took over.

So people, hack, cheat, and boost and those people are left to a lotto of if they get caught. They can't even be publicly accused they are so protected.

Yet they thought it would be a good idea to put this "time out" BS in for people who just don't want to play that round anymore for any number of reasons.

• Re: Probation
    Im_A_Drag85

haha somebody else just posted this same thread 2 minutes before you (literally)

TheBeastlyDude

Hopefully the 5 minute probation is here to stay. You're not the only one with problems in the game and people constantly quitting because they get they get handed their butts handed to them creates even more lag in the games with people entering and leaving.

Or they could make a ******* matchmaking system that works. I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE OF CANADA AND THE US.

Even then it seems like quebec asshats still cause major lag.

I don't understand why they even give people a choice of how they want to match. Best should be the only setting. If there aren't enough people then something is broken because you only need 12 and I'd bet there are several hundred in my immediate area at any time.

I want to play the game. I don't care about experiencing play with thousands of different people. This is not how I meet new people.

I should also note, that I've left matches that we were clearly going to win because I just couldn't take the shuffling.

This is online gaming. Fix the ******* issues before you release the game or don't have online.

TheBeastlyDude

Issues Addressed

• Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.

This was in the patch that came out today so there you go.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

agree this is a horrible feature. you can't MAKE me stay in the damned match. i mean come on. really?

Izjar11

Grim i'll counter what you just wrote (with all respect)

I just quit or purposely kill 3 teammates to get kicked (usually when my teammates are being selfish pricks ie. camping in kill confirm, racing me for my own kill tags [i have no problem if them take one that is farther from me] or completely ignoring the objective). I don't give a rat's ass about my stats because I know I'm a good player and if the game ever works properly I prove it.

You quit or kill your own team to get kicked  becuase you cannot control how others play? If you didn't care account "your stats" you wouldn't mind finishing the game!

I also quit because I get put into games that are basically over and I'm not going to just stick it out when I can't do anything but die because of my useless teammates.

No, you choose to spawn into games that are losing, before you hit start on these matches hit select look at the score then CHOOSE to spawn in that game.

I also quit mostly because of how ******* unstable this game is. I am not going to stick with a game where I have no chance. Even in the stable games it seems like I'm half a second behind on my screen from what is actually happening. I NEVER win corner battles because in the game I'm already around it before I am on my screen.

I hear you there, but leaving the game because you feel the connection is crap will not make things better for you or the players. When latency is super bad the biggest erorr that many do is still move like nothing is happening~ that is a big no no.

If I hear squeeking I generally quit, if I hear another language other than english, I quit. I don't play for stats, and while I am trying for challenges and camo, it's not my main concern.

What! you are one big contradiction aren't you!

Yet they thought it would be a good idea to put this "time out" BS in for people who just don't want to play that round anymore for any number of reasons.

Well this feature seems to work fine, from your own words playing with or against someone as un-reliable and selfish as you would be a nightmare. Because of your post I am glad probation works, keep doing what your doing and soon you'll simply be banned.

Im_A_Drag85

he's just pissed he finally got a taste of his own medicine from 3arc...."you quit our game..we'll prohibit you from playing it."  problem sovled!  LOL

_Orvidor_

Probation ?? LOL - These guys never learn .. I guess whomever introduced this back into the game didn't get enough love as a child or something .. You know how you permantly get rid of probation, don't play .. Either they will remove it or keep it in and lose their jobs because there is no money comming in ..

Of course, the people who cry like little girls about players quitting because of unfair matches may want to spend a few thousand dollars to buy the next release since all 100 of them will be the only ones playing .. LOL ..

(( On one of the earlier threads regarding me buying the DLC's or Season's pass -- Keep probation in the game and guess what ?? Not gonna happen .. You guys must be really trying to kill sales here aren't ya ?? LOL ))

Izjar11

_Orvidor_ wrote:

. You know how you permantly get rid of probation, don't play ..

How about this crazy idea ...... NOT LEAVING games constantly! that will guarantee you not be put in probation! 

_Orvidor_

Dude, I haven't played in over 2 months .. And even then, I barelly played it anyways .. The game was soo broken that even Albert Eisntien would have walked away banging his head with a hammer .

Now I could do what you just suggested or just keep my money .. Which one do you think I will choose ?? Hmm ??

Maybe you should buy two copies with the next release .. One for yourself and one to make up for the one I won't be buying .. Activision will thank you I'm sure ..

I'm begining to wonder what the stats are with this game, I wonder how many are online at any given time .. Probly not as much as MW3 (and the MW3 number was dismal as it was) ..

Let me know how the probabtion thang works out for you when they have no more new funds coming for new game ideas or for fixing old issues ..

Happy New Year !!

LOL

Izjar11

Huh~

Orvidor, sucks to read that you can't play the game and you shouldn't play this game or any game that isn't functional.

Stats vs MW3 ~ well at any moment of the game ive seen numbers as low as 150,000 to 750,000+. How this matters with MW3, beats me. And in all honesty a game with less players usually produces better matches, so good riddance.

Whats with that last paragraph as if I work for these companies! hahaha I'd like to work for a gaming firm, but I do not but thank you for making it sound like I do.

sennalike

The probation system seems to be working, even if the rest of the game isn't.  I quit plenty of matches, always due to lag, no other reason, and I have never been warned or placed on probation.  So this must mean those who are getting put on probation must be quitting almost every match.  I've seen lots of pre-match lobbies with players with high KDRs and SPMs and they are never at the end of the match if they are on the losing side.  All this sounds to me like those getting probation deserve it.

zvers

I hope you are right. I have quite out too before but I always try and stick it out against the odds. Not always fun of course. The OP makes it sound like it's really strict now though......I hope it's not THAT strict. I guess I will find out tonight!

brewcastleunited

I'm ok with the probation thing - but it should be a 2 way street. What do I mean by that? Well, if I get slammed into a match that's essentially over on a team that's getting hammered I will always back out - that's bs and I don't feel that I should be put in that situation. If you're going to have probation that's fine, but we should no longer be forced to join matches that are in progress. Possible solutions to the issues with teams emptying due to people leaving could be populating those empty spots with bots or offering double xp to people that join games late (but their permission should be ASKED before joining these types of matches (would you like to continue to wait for a new game or join this game in progress?).

In theory the probation concept might diminish how frequently we are forced into matches that are already started - but a lot of the theory Treyarch / Activision has applied to this game has backfired miserably.....we'll see how it goes I guess.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

if i'm spawning in front of enemies, score streaks, etc and getting killed 5 times in 5 seconds, i leave. why? because this is a game, it should be fun, and it's not. because i expect the game to work a certain (realistic, as advertised) way and it doesn't always.

if i start eating something and don't like it, i stop. i don't contine to eat it just so the waiter doesn't have to trouble himself to bring me something else and the dishwasher has less dishes to wash.

i paid for it, i want to enjoy it. i do not play this game so you can have fun, sorry. i'll admit it.

when i'm in a fair lobby, i work my butt off to help my team win. so, i'm not all THAT selfish.

if they don't like us quitting, take out the option. don't let us leave horrible matches then punish us for it. give us an option to wait for lobbies with new matches starting, as opposed to being placed in matches where my team is losing 90-10 and my best team mate is 10-23. it's not even the 90-10 score that bugs me (i like the challenge). it's the way the score got that way. my team just can't buy a kill.

I live in a rural area and can only get 3mbps speeds.  I get kicked regularly if someone in the household watches a youtube video or anything.  Yeah my Internet sux. But I turned on my ps3 for the first time in a couple weeks and had an update. Yeah, that always sux to have to wait. Then I find out I have probation :-( from the last time I played.  That sux too.  Then it rolled immediately into a second probation???? No idea why, but I Waited. Finally 20 minutes after I turned it on I get to play... Guess what, got kicked and another probation period. This has happened so often(less the update part) that I don't even look forward to playing anymore. I've actually dusted off MW3 and went backwards and will, for the first time ever, NOT BUY THE NEW MAPS.  I hope they realize they are killing the experience by doing this probation thing.  At the very least, let us start fresh if we power off the system and start up two weeks later. I don't have hours every day to devote to playing. Sometimes, just a couple 15 minute rounds, satisfies the urge.  But at this rate, I'll find something else to do rather deal with all the frustration