20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 5:30 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Patch notes 1.06 ~ A  Few questions.

Izjar11

COD

The patch we were waiting for is now here (fingers crossed) I am work and cannot do much but I had a few questions on the notes, so lets discuss what some of these changes mean: (My questions will be bolded)

New Features & Feature Improvements

• Lowered HUD threshold for the "low health" overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.  ~ What does this mean exactly, that the amount of time you appear "hurt" to "recovered" has been reduced ?

Issues Addressed

• Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.  ~Should this be the solution to improving connectivity?  
    • Improved turret tracking to eliminate false positives when checking line of sight. turrets were buffed? Hahaha well I guess I'll try them some more.

• Addressed multiple UI issues.  ~ What does this mean?
    • Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps. ~ Which are? These changes should have been included in these notes.

Gameplay Balancing

Scorestreaks:

• Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.  ~Good the death machine needed help
    • Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.  ~Another very good thing
    • AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.  ~YUP YUP
    • Warthog: reduced missile delay.  ~This thing is good but impossible to shot down, does this mean it will be better?
    • Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.   ~ Slower missiles better opportunity to shot down!

Equipment:

• Trophy System: increased range.Didnt know that was a problem! haha

SMGs:

• All + Silencers: reduced range.~ NICE

Assault Rifles:

• All: reduced idle sway.  All these changes are good except for the FAL select fire recoil.
    • M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range. 
    • Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread. 
    • SCAR: Increased 3-hit kill range. Maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4. 
    • SIG556: Penetration increased from medium to large, reduced burst delay, and maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4. 
    • MTAR: increased 3-hit kill range. 
    • SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance. 
    • FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil. 
    • FAL OSW: increased hip spread.

LMGs:

• All: ADS in and out time reduced.

I am not sure how this patch will improve connectivity but its something, I can only cross my fingers that the games playability will become better with this note.

Good luck hunting COD

• Re: Patch notes 1.06 ~ A  Few questions.
    Im_A_Drag85

we'll see how it goes....i'll be playing late 2nite

gambit1969

Surely the in and out time for the LMG should be longer, its a heavy weapon after all

barneykiller

They finally released a patch? Wow maybe I can actually play this game now.

sennalike

Can't answer all the questions but have comments on a few...

Matchmaking - can't see this having a big impact.  I'm in the UK and have had a few (probably around 10) with people in USA and the lag was terrible.  That will no longer happen?  Err yes, because I use "any" as it returns better quality matches overall than Best.

The increase in health to the Dragonfire is a pain for me personally, (and probably others), as I have still to complete the destroy 10 of them with launchers.  On the FHJ I am up to 7 out of the 10 and they were a case of waiting for them to appear then switching to the class with the FHJ and then getting a shot on target (not always easy with the Dragonfire movement), but I managed the 7.  Just played a match and Dragonfire gets called in, out comes the FHJ.  Two shots, both on target, Dragonfire still flying about, somebody else shots it down.

This highlights a problem I have with all these buffs and nerfs - they make it unfair on people who have not completed certain challenges.  I'm done with the FAL, all maxed out on it, and glad because those who haven't will have a harder time doing it now.  But I haven't done the SMR and I will have an easier time doing it than those who already have did.  I guess it's all swings and roundabouts, but it still irritates me.

Disappointed more hasn't been done to improve matchmaking; one of the biggest factors in all the lag and lag compensation issues, and the single most important aspect in actually finding the game enjoyable or not. 

rlbl

Izjar11 wrote:

Issues Addressed

• Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.  ~Should this be the solution to improving connectivity?  

Assault Rifles:

• All: reduced idle sway.  All these changes are good except for the FAL select fire recoil.

I am not sure how this patch will improve connectivity but its something, I can only cross my fingers that the games playability will become better with this note.

Good luck hunting COD

A solution? maybe not... improvement... It should be if it works.

The FAL with Select has increased recoil... That should be a good thing, although some will be upset (unless it has predictable recoil)

s_paw1

• Lowered HUD threshold for the "low health" overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health

I'm assuming the screen will get more bloody when u get shot.

augkash

Still nothing about spawns  but let's hope this update is good

Nothing about the ps3 shutdowns at all. ******* ridiculous.

zvers

I had pretty much had the same thoughts as you when I went through the notes but I found this one kind of funny:

"SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance."

The SMR was that bad with head shots?!?! LMAO! By far, the easiest gun to get head shots but hey, i'm working on it now so I can't complain!

"MTAR: increased 3-hit kill range."

YES. The MTAR was just bad before and it really should have been classified as an SMG. Hopefully, the patch made it better as that's second AR that I need to max to finish all the AR's.

Good analysis. I had the same thoughts. Hopefully the connectivity is more stable and it stops throwing me into matches with people in Puerto Rico when I am North of Chicago.

TRU11

you tell me that using a silencer will reduce the range even more then it already did lol.

dang the scorpion will be useless with a silencer 

DeEwBoT

All is good except FAL Recoil? You're freakin crazy... That gun is a Laser Beam! It NEEDS more recoil!

SUM1SLY83

Another nerf to smgs WTF. Wish people would stop crying about smgs and shotguns.

I have to agree with the FAL increase recoil. Since the patch, I've had a much harder time aiming with it. I've kind of got use to holding down the trigger instead of shooting in burst. I'll have to adjust my playing style with it or join the masses that use SMGs. FAL with select fire is the only reason to use the gun. With the increased recoil, it is now nerfed and can't compete with SMGs.

Izjar11

COD

I am not sure for the rest of you but patch 1.06 has made the following worse (for me and friends):

1- Connection is still shotty, I witness to many players skipping around the map and huge lag spikes that stop the game.

2- Friends cannot remain connected or play together because someone is always experiencing server disconnects.

The one are I saw different yesterday:

1- Lots of assault rifle usage! ~ This is good.