22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 4:23 PM by thegmo RSS

Wiimote improved in recent update?

thegmo

I just played a couple games using the Wiimote and have noticed a drastic change in how aim assist works. Maybe I'm just fooling myself.

Just went 40-19 in KC using the Wiimote. The aim felt a lot better and aim assist a lot more noticable and helpful.

I moved to CCP back in Black Ops on Wii and randomly use Wiimote for fun. I was using the Wiimote this weekend and it feels different after this patch, can anyone else confirm this? I'm like 85% sure they've improved the aim assist, but that other 15% makes me think I'm just fooling myself. haha

• Re: Wiimote improved in recent update?
    thegmo

Just tested in private match!!!! IT IS LIKE THE DA AIM ASSIST! Only difference is when you walk by someone they don't stick like it does on CCP but if you're turning in ADS or hip fire it will slow down your aim when you get close to aiming at them.

This Is GREAT!

Now I can't wait until the next patch that will improve the smoothness when going into ADS and turning.

Thanks treyarch for understanding that the Wiimote needs to be brought up to par with DA controls, not DA brought down to match Wiimote.

one_of_ten

I wouldn't call it an improvement at all. Have you people even considered the Zombies mode, where there are enemies EVERYWHERE? The camera will slow down to "help" you aim at zombies waaay across the map (through walls) that you can't even see! It has really messed up my game.

thegmo

I tried it in zombies. It doesn't do that. They were smart about how they implemented the aim assist. It's only to help slow down and snap on when you aim at them and stuff. Hard to explain but I think they did it pretty well, at least for a first try.

If anything, we can all tell them how we'd perfer it to be and they can try again from there. People were complaining a lot about how Wiimote has little to no aim assist, so they buffed it up, now people are complaining again. Never satisfied.

one_of_ten

Yes it does. Try it again. Also if you've got some people complaining about how the game doesn't aim well enough for you, (I don't even recall anyone actually doing that) the appropriate response would be to add an OPTION that'd accommodate them.. not make it permanent for everyone. All of us skilled Wiimote players can't even play the game anymore because we're constantly fighting with the camera because it feels the need to slow down on the 60+ zombies splayed all across the screen.

thegmo

Hmmm maybe I've been mistaken, sorry. I just read a thread of numerous people complaining about how it works in zombies. I guess playing last night I just never noticed it. Again, sorry. My mistake.

& I completely agree that it should be an option but I believe they didn't intentionally make it permanent. Most likely a glitch or mistake on their part.

The way I think it should be is to have two separate ADS options that you can turn on and off.

1st option: ADS aim assist

2nd opton: Hip Fire aim assist

You may choose to have either one enabled, both enabled, or neither one enabled. That way everyone can adjust the aim assist to their play style.

Can we all agree with that?

one_of_ten

Well that's the thing.. it could very well be a menu settings glitch, as in the toggle itself just may not be working. I've always had that Target assist option turned off, and yet that ADS 'lock-on' would always happen, so honestly I have little idea what that toggle actually does. The only thing I know for sure is that disabling that option will not stop the hip slow down. I've tried everything, and there's no way to get rid of it.

T-boss

will try the aimassist then. if implemented succesfuly(doubtful) then they could have OP'd wiimote to DA, if implimted okay, might be even. if poorly, then aimassist will mean nothing.

but even then, many wiimote people will try to turn AA off because it changes how it aims.

ps nerf aimassist, dont buff it.

From some games this morning it feels like AA got a buff on Wiimote but it's hard to be sure because when you are on the right side of lag it's easy to kill. I agree with you guys they should nerf or remove it though.

And Gamepad AA "snipers" is just a plague.

M4GNUM

All I want is the same control you have in the campaign...online. Love the campaign wiimote control. Always wondered why it's always different (for me).

gt100pro

This is my experience using the WiiRemote before and after the latest patch:

Before patch: beasting

After patch: beasting with a flickering gun. 

Its what i do..

jliba12

No cursor sensitivity reset when ADS now to destroy some recruit bots on custom gamemodes and go 200-0