22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 1:58 PM by deamonomic RSS

Modded Controllers

So I normally dont care about this sort of stuff because I have a rather fast reflex, but 2 deaths in 2 different games. The first one the guy never reloaded his smg just kept shooting for a very long time til i died So I watched the killcam and sure enough just scoped up shooting for about 15 steps, secondly a LMG shooting at skorpion speed. that sucked  Is there gonna be away other than complaining on forums  to ban this kind of game play, And if so how the heck can you even detect a modded controller. youtube sites show a ton of likes on modded controllers kinda makes a guy think ...

• Re: Modded Controllers

I thought one of the attachments on the LMGs was rapid fire or something like that. Not sure about the other issue of Mr NeverReload

Rednecksniper39

PDW has 67 shots with extended mags. And the QBB LSW shoots fast by itself and can shoot even fast with rapid fire.

I watched one of my videos today as I suspected cheating (51 kills, 20 more than the next person in the lobby) and the guy did something strange revolving around reloading.

I saw him reload normally several times and was about to shut off the video as another person who was just better than I expected when he managed to STOP a reload half way through, spin around at a ludicrous speed (there were maybe 6-8 frames for a 180 degree spin) lighting off the off the SMG full auto from the hip as he did, killing 3 people in the spin at 3 different ranges, one being a longshot. I don't remebmer which SMG it was but he had no attachments as he got the cherry blossom camo during the game.

Beyond the "how the hell did he stop a reload mid cycle" (if this is a featue please let me know as I dont know how to do it), on just about anyones best day, they may have hoped to get one of the 3 guys he laid down in 6 frames completely blind firing. I would count it off to luck, except for the weird "stopped the mag change" thing. I don't know how he did what he did, but I reported him as a cheater so Treyarch could figure it out.

Any idea what was going on there?

sutakas

Modded controllers won't fire auto weapons any faster. I've also played BO2 on PC with "rapid fire" macros. Using "rapid fire" will jam your weapon and you can't even reload it for a while. So, BO2 somehow detects when you are firing semi-auto weapons too fast (impossible for humans) and ends up with jamming.

Houdnik

That's what I hear as well. Drift0r's video on the FAL covers this @ 3:15. Apparently, all semi-auto weapons have a max ROF, and spamming the trigger will cause it to over sample. (slows it down)

Wblack101: It was mentioned above that you can reload cancel by sprinting or by using the "YY" trick. Both achieve the same thing, it just happens that sprinting is a bit easier for some people. (myself included)

deamonomic

Houdnik wrote:

That's what I hear as well. Drift0r's video on the FAL covers this @ 3:15. Apparently, all semi-auto weapons have a max ROF, and spamming the trigger will cause it to over sample. (slows it down)

Wblack101: It was mentioned above that you can reload cancel by sprinting or by using the "YY" trick. Both achieve the same thing, it just happens that sprinting is a bit easier for some people. (myself included)

I KNEW IT! I knew i was being gimped!... well not all that much can still manage 6 rounds per second which in any gunfight is overkill. And no, I dont have a modded controller. I dont need one.

I am the type of player who wants to play as legit as possible. Is the YY thing really a glitch? Because it has been around forever and not just in Call of duty, similar things have popped up in the halo games in the past.

rodsirloin

Yeah, its called a mod-block. If the RF mod if faster than the gun cap it wont shoot.

Azrael513

Modded controllers only work on semi auto weapons (IE the Five Seven and the SMR)

sgtDLC

Azrael513 wrote:

Modded controllers only work on semi auto weapons (IE the Five Seven and the SMR)

Not true, they work on every full auto weapon and you have higher rpm and accuracy. It's like taping fire realy fast 1 by 1 bullet

RexxCastle

i own modded controllers and none of them do this bro.

The only firing mods on controllers are rapid fire for semi auto/burst weapons

everything else is drop shots, jump shots, Queerscopes ect.

Get your facts together before posting rubbish

rodsirloin

What your describing is not a modded controller. Modded controllers can't make an auto shoot faster, there is a cap on rate of fire. There are quick-reload mods out there. If you know what your looking for its very noticable.

They [3ARC] can detect it, but they wont spend the money to develop and manage the proper security, as it would be a constant battle and cost a steady stream of revenue. Devs disable mod, new microversion comes out, rinse/repeat. You would have a massive security team patrolling endless amounts of incoming data plus a security development team constantly patching holes.

Most modded controllers are pre-programmed at the shop. Think of a time-line editor with trigger pull events at certain time points. Once those points are set, they stay the same. This is how the majority of modded controllers work. Macro controller with humanized pull will fluctuate by a variable degree. Although, fluctuaions are static. Security measures can be made where time distance between trigger pulls are recorded. If the pulls are at a static rate it would fall under a non-human characteristic and be flagged as cheater.

Macro controllers can beat this temporarily. If the macro is recorded with humanized pulls...the intervals will show a pattern. Now, one could switch to a new RF mod during game-play very easily, but your controller will be hogged with 8 versions of the same mod and users probably wouldn't go that far as they like the controller to have several mods available on the controller.