40 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 3:02 AM by deamonomic RSS

Treyarch, you disgust and disappoint me.

The_Mctavish

Come on Treyarch, you nerf dropshotting but leave quick scoping the way it has always been. I don't understand your logic at all when it comes to game developing. You ruin the sound in the game so foot steps are no longer heard unless there directly up your a$$. You ban people for leaving early but your game clearly has lag issues all over the place and you refuse to fix it. Then you release a dlc when the game is still broken? I used to give you guys mad props over IW but I'd take MW3 over this garbage any day. I think as a paying customer I'm entitled to an explanation why my purchase does not function as advertised. If I buy a car and it doesn't work right I take it back and they fix it, so why don't you fix my purchase? Fix this game.....stop the quick scoping, fix the lag so I'm on a level playing field with the other opponents, fix the sound, and for the love of all that is holy make a decent map that doesn't have 50 damn lines of sight from any one given spot on the map. How did we fall so far from COD4 and MW2?

• Re: Treyarch, you disgust and disappoint me.

been asking this from day one....even though MW2 sucked as well...

ITS CALLED  MONEY AND GREED. its as simple as that....

Do your self a favor and NEVER buy a NEW copy of COD.  Buy it used.  they get far less money, and they trully deserve to be hit hard on there sales.

Spread this to all social media spread the TRUTH.

trialstardragon

Your purchase does work as advertised. You just expect it to work the way you want and it was never going to do that.

They never promised you would be able to soundwhore like in past games, So it is not broken.

if you are mad about drop shotitng being change then you must have been one of those that abused it enough to give them reason to change it. drop shotting was an even cheaper skill than QS is.

If your mad about probation than you must have dashed enough in past games to pad your worthless stats.

You have allready proven you are not the type of player that this community really wants to play the game.

Excuse me but you do not speak for this community or me so don't make statements on my behalf. Why is it that you like to complain about any tactic used in this game?

Except for your own tatctics, because we all know someone like you would never do anything that is annoying huh.

redx165

The only part I got to disagree about is the first part. It was advertise as a game that works. On the PS3 it will freeze it and if you're unlucky break it. That isn't how it's advertise.

~THE NOOB KILLER

deamonomic

redx165 wrote:

The only part I got to disagree about is the first part. It was advertise as a game that works. On the PS3 it will freeze it and if you're unlucky break it. That isn't how it's advertise.

~THE NOOB KILLER

At what point did they EVER state that the game would be flawless? infact... what game ever has been? And as I have said before, It doesnt matter what game, but you playstation guys complain alot more then the XBOX side (i mean you typically have more to complain about)

Actually it was if you bought a turtle beach BO2 edition headset, they stated they worked with treyarch in order to make it possible to sound whore and you can't so there you treyarch making turtle beach look bad.

Btw ever since the "AK-47 is not underpowered" thread where you said statistics don't prove anything your posts don't really speak for anyone.

Mankisman

When I bought this game they advertised "better spawns" yet people can spawn directly into my crosshairs.  False advertising at its finest.

de4thag3l666

if you didnt liek mw2 why do you keep buying cod games and if you dont like the game sell it and dont play

nicedrewishfela

So... you want the game to play the way YOU want it and ignore how others like to play it?

Seems rational.

killabig

The game has major Lag compensation issues, and the worst part is half of the people do not know it exists, and will deny it in your face with some smart-As comment stating how one is no good at the game. Honestly, i can pop in any COD game from Cod4-Mw3, and enjoy it, and feel like i actually have a chance in every gun fight. The difference is very noticable for an experienced player when comparing BO2 to the previous games. It's constantly the same issues, Aiming being off when popping in with the LT, Usually taking from 3-4 shots for hits to start registering on my screen, Players killing me very quickly and when looking at the killcam, it was obvious that in their screen i appeared way before they appeared on mine, giving them the upper hand -When bumping in to players, turning around and spraying first others always manage to drop me. I mean the list goes on, and only those who have played COD enough time, and are facing these issues will understand me. There is no Router configuration that can fix this, it is the game itself that needs fixing. Not to mention the fact that no network alterations should be necessary on my part, a game should be as easy as pop-in and play.

Typical excuses.

I have played CoD since WaW. Not once have i had any issues like you and want to know why? Because i have a good internet service.

As you said anyone who has played for enough time will know, and i do. Show me proof of lag compensation in the game or you are just another one who complains because they don't win the gun fight.

There is enough evidence out there. Do your own research perhaps? Or better yet, maybe you can prove that there is no lag compensation? Regardless I would be interested in seeing gameplay for a player that does not experience lag issues.

deamonomic

p I have done my research into it. And you know what, It has lead me to believe that the majority of you dont know what real lag is like and that its mostly in your head.

heres the breakdown:

The Majority of people who complain of lag do absolutely nothing to try to prove it one way or another. When asked to provide proof they tell others to "do their own research" but what you dont seem to get is that asking you IS PART OF THAT RESEARCH. Infact it would be foolish for A: us not to ask for it as it would save time on our side, and B: for you to refuse to help you cause, because your refusal only makes you look like you cant produce the evidence, or at the very least that the problem is not sever enough to you to warrent you producing your own proof. You only hurt yourself with this act. Providing MORE proof can never hurt your arguement. Refusing to do so can. Basically its like this... Because YOU are the one complaining The burden of providing proof falls upon YOU and no other.

The next largest group, is a guy posting a video of him talking about lag comp... and thats ALL he does. In reality the game they are showing is one of their "rare" good games. This is pointless because its all talk. its proves nothing other then showing that people "think" there is a problem.

After that comes the youtubers who try to use theater mode and Kill cams to prove their point. Thing is, Kill cams and theater mode can both be off (the degree of which varies)  regardless of whos host or whether there was lag that game. And the funny part about the kill cams is that they have always been off.

Back in CoD 4 there used to be a glitch where sometimes the smoke grenades wouldnt appear in the kill game unless they were thrown during the cam. So basically this is what would happen: You run into the smoke to try to plant the bomb but get gunned down. you watch the kill cam and you see yourself clear as day, not a sign of smoke anywhere. This lead to alot of people believing that the other player simply didnt have to deal with the smoke, when in reality they did. Same thing goes for shots being off. While in ALOT of kill cams it shows it being 3 feet off target, in reality that guy was very likely pointing right at you.

And heres how you know that theater doesnt work right. People say its lag, but that doesnt make sense. Okay so basically the reason people claim "lag" is that they see your aim trailing or simply just off the enemy and still getting hit markers. The reason this is believed to be lag is that your out of sync. meaning that the other person isnt where you think they are, thats why the aim appears "off" the theory is that he was aiming there because the enemy was there on his screen, but on the hosts version he was over there. However if you compare live footage to game footage, your aim is litterally not in the same place.

I said before it doesnt make sense. Why would my aim be "off" from where I aimed it in live play? Bullets vanishing yes, lag so bad you cant move and are dragged around, yes i can see that. delayed hitmarkers yes i can see that too. But If I am host, then why is the game recording still off from what I am seeing in the live version?

answer: theater mode doesnt use "recordings". It recreates the game. and during that process something goes wrong. maby it wasnt saved right or doesnt load right I dont know. but lets move on. (Does this make sense to anyone? I can fetch proof if needed)

anywho the next group are ones that dont use theater or kill cams, but use live gameplay where they claim they experienced "lag comp"  in the game. But I have yet to see one legit case. All the ones I have seen on youtube have been players simply playing poorly and blaming lag comp. again, hurts your guys position because you refuse to do your part in providing proof. These videos are the reason alot of us tell you its mostly in your head.

The next group is the smallest and best group. They go out of their way to try to prove that its there by running tests of this and that. However, there has yet to be conclusive proof of anything, other then some animation problems (which just so happen to make lag seem worse... not really its just an illusion... no flash but the bullet still left the gun type deal)

So wont you please reconsider your stance on the evidence giving?

Ovrlord

Typical biased comments.

There is already proof of lag compensation existing. Please don't be ignorant and say that it isn't in this game just because you haven't experienced it. You're not the only one playing the game. There are plenty of other people who are victims of this particular issue, and we didn't post threads complaining about it for nothing.

parnezzi

drop shotting isn't nerfed, that drop shot bullet spread when you drop to prone doesn't effect SMGs (go figure) if you don't believe me just go test it out in custom games

starbuckfrack

The_Mctavish wrote:

Come on Treyarch, you nerf dropshotting but leave quick scoping the way it has always been. I don't understand your logic at all when it comes to game developing. You ruin the sound in the game so foot steps are no longer heard unless there directly up your a$$. You ban people for leaving early but your game clearly has lag issues all over the place and you refuse to fix it. Then you release a dlc when the game is still broken? I used to give you guys mad props over IW but I'd take MW3 over this garbage any day. I think as a paying customer I'm entitled to an explanation why my purchase does not function as advertised. If I buy a car and it doesn't work right I take it back and they fix it, so why don't you fix my purchase? Fix this game.....stop the quick scoping, fix the lag so I'm on a level playing field with the other opponents, fix the sound, and for the love of all that is holy make a decent map that doesn't have 50 damn lines of sight from any one given spot on the map. How did we fall so far from COD4 and MW2?

First of all when you buy a car you do own the car.

This is not a car because all you own is the disk that it came on. You own none of the software whatsoever.

You would have know that if you read the small print on the back of the box. It says that the online portion is THEIR game and they can do anything with it they want, including ignore the bugs.

The_Mctavish

I know that they own the software but there's an implied agreement upon buying games like this that the multiplayer is the whole reason to buy the game. Therefore all aspects of the product should work as advertised. I didn't buy lag ops 2 or it would be expected to be that way. Now for all of you that say theirs now lag, that's because your on the good side of it 95% of the time and they rest of us suffer. The stats in this game mean nothing due to half the community having severe lag issues. So before any of you children chime in with your opinion think first because you really show your intelligence with idiotic comments and points made with no research done first. Read the forums and its obvious to even the blind that there's an issue in need of some serious resolve.

starbuckfrack

The_Mctavish wrote:

I know that they own the software but there's an implied agreement upon buying games like this that the multiplayer is the whole reason to buy the game. Therefore all aspects of the product should work as advertised. I didn't buy lag ops 2 or it would be expected to be that way. Now for all of you that say theirs now lag, that's because your on the good side of it 95% of the time and they rest of us suffer. The stats in this game mean nothing due to half the community having severe lag issues. So before any of you children chime in with your opinion think first because you really show your intelligence with idiotic comments and points made with no research done first. Read the forums and its obvious to even the blind that there's an issue in need of some serious resolve.

The online portion of the game was never advertised to work "a certain way". You got promised 16 maps for example then you got 16 maps.

NO WHERE did the advertise the online portion of this game will have bugs or lag issues.

As for the good side of lag there is none. we all have the same issues. some games you are a quarter second behind and sometimes you are not.

Some of us bought the game  for the multiplayer too but that doesnt matter..

If you bought it for  lag free gameplay then you are just deluding yourself.

deamonomic

The_Mctavish wrote:

that sir is 100% your assumption. I dont buy games for just their online play and never have. and when, did they ever advertise that there would be no lag?

xXxK1LLRxXx

Honestly, If you are going to whine this much why play the game? Or make one thats better, dont insult the company if you cant do better. Send them your game and it will be atleast 20X worse. At the least.

The_Mctavish

No genius I can't make a game since that's not my area of expertise, but I can figure things out that. Common sense will get you a long way and this game seems to be lacking it. Don't add recoil to the guns calling it a military type simulator but allow quick shooting of a big ass sniper rifle. If one is going to be realistic then so should the other. Don't implement a system because joe blow can't afford decent Internet, its not my problem and I'm tired of paying the price for it. Don't nerf the sound because people can't afford a headset or a decent television because you can hear footsteps clearly on both, at least on MW2, 3, and black ops 1.....once again not my fault or problem.

coling1

dude mosyt of ur complaints are true but the quickscoping one quickscoping is nerfed to hell u cnat nerf it anymore anyone that quick scopes u is just good they alrdy nerfed snipers enough

The_Mctavish

I don't want it nerfed, I want it gone. It shouldn't be allowed, plain and simple. I'm forced to play FFA since most of my team won't play this game because of the lag issues surrounding it. That's all I run into is QSers, at least 1 to 2 every match and they may not win but getting killed buy a bullsh*t QS while I'm laying into him is not right. Sniping is meant to done from a standstill at a distance not upclose. Like I said to the yahoo in the last post if qsing is allowed then no recoil guns should be allowed as well.

jaysonsp

That's funny. I have pulled it off and in no way should have.  Most the time when you qs the game just gives you the kill.

I've got them when my gun is way off the target but wow got the cheap kill.   Quick scoping is cheap and should be taken out of the game.  I will no longer do it because it makes me feel like I didn't earn the kill

wash0ut

I do miss hearing footsteps. Doesn't make sense to have two perks involving noise if players barely make any noise anyway. I have no problem with drop shooting. If someone starts shooting at you, you should get low and shoot back as quickly as possible. Makes sense. A better fix for this is to improve hit detection on the guy getting down.  QSing on the other hand is silly and is a glitch that they choose not to fix. Only reason I can figure is it is so popular and is the subject of so many YouTube videos.  YouTube vids=free advertising.  I have drop shot before but not a regular part of my game. Never tried to QS.  Neither cause me too much frustration. Lag comp on the other hand is brutal and would love this game if it were fixed.

The_Mctavish

So let me pose a question to everyone. They mess with the audio because not everyone can afford headsets. Why can only the people who got the dlc get the new gun? I can't afford the dlc help me out Treyarch. G

Adam1234567893

Someone is a garbage greedy complainer seriously quickscoping is not an exploit or hack or cheat or aim bot they took all of aim assist off the snipers until you go completely into the scope. I personally think they should take aim assist completely off of any gun capable of a one shot kill including shotguns and no it's not I get quickscoped that I want aim assist taken off it's because I am sick of being sniped and their scope isn't even on me. Seriously though stop being selfish the second you go online with your game it is not just yours anymore it's everybody's I understand you paid money but so did everyone else so yea you shouldn't be able to control this game just because you can't quickscope or because you get outplayed by them. All I see in this post is wah wah wah NERF ANYTHING I DON'T USE AND BUFF EVERYTHING I DO USE!!!!! that is all I see when I read this thread it's in the game use it you aren't honor bound to using certain tactics and I don't see anything in the rules saying quickscoping is bad so stop crying. Learn to adapt or sell your game we don't need anymore garbage complaining bums.

do you just go thread to thread making personal attacks on people?

Quickscoping should be removed because it's wrong!! It's WRONNNG!!

The_Mctavish

Ok you tool I'm not greedy and I really don't care all that much about qsing. I was proving a point that Treyarch only caters to certain groups and leaves others to suffer. I paid my 60 buck like everyone else so if you don't like GTFO! Treyarch needs to understand its broken and fix it. Will they, probably not because there are so many sheep that will buy and play without question like good little drones. Why demand perfection when most of you would suckle at the teet of mediocre? I mean really the problem isn't Treyarch at all......it's all of you that are so blind to the nonsense and not to mention the ones not on the forum. Really I just come here to vent because not a damn thing will happen and nothing will be fixed. The game will be the same tomorrow as it is today. I can only expect MW4 will be just as bad if not worse. What will it take for you to stand up to these companies? Maybe when they're charging you to play online separately from xboxlive, maybe then you'll stand up. By the way that is coming just so you know, elite was a test to see the publics reaction and you all ate it up better than could have hoped. I'll sit back, play my laggy game and watch as Treyarch bleeds you and some of your parents dry, night all.

danielbondnz

Oh I do  like a bit of Tryhard Treyarch bashing.

I have kinda got used to the fact that you will be destroyed by the host, and there will be a ton of lag spikes throughout most matches, and I even dont mind the fact that I cant soundwhore, cause it means others cant sound whore me.

But yea I generally do take any chance I can get to trash Tryhard Treyarch, even if Lag ops2 is starting to grow on me :-)

deamonomic

Why is quick scoping wrong? have you asked youself this?

Dont get me wrong. i used to think like you. I used to believe it was a broken thing. Back in MW2 there were plenty of QS deaths where the guy was aimed no where near me. and I too ranted and raved. Even then though I should have known. That kill cams were broken was nothing knew They had been so since their begining. Today I have no issues with QS tho I still cant quite do it like they could in mw3 (i always make sure im aimed at ya).

Its a skill like any other in this game. Its no different then halo jumping or dropshoting, or strafing, aiming. Alot fo you would also complain about Halo jumpers and dropshoters. Why? Because it doesnt fit into your view of what the game should be? Do i need to point out whats wrong with that?

There are very few situations in this game that can not be taken care of with a quick reaction and a plan. The majority of you guys complaing about OP weapons or the tactics the opposing team is choosing to employ are only hurting youselves. You are wasting time on those unimportant thoughts when you should be thinking of a way to defeat them.

Example: If they are camping its a matter of simply remembering a few things about the opposing team and ask your selves a few questions  Do they like to travel along the edge of the map? Do they like cover? Do they favor the more unusual spots? Do any of them travel through the middle or the specific areas where your enemy is camping? Do they move after kills? Do they team camp? Do they respond to the deaths of their team? Do they hide till they see a red dot?  What paths bring me as close possible while keeping me out of my enemies Line of Sight?

Each answer atlers my approach by a little. maby im a bit more cautious or perhaps Im agressive as hell knowing that they will faulter under the relentless assault.

Im not saying you will instantly be destroying the enemy team. I usually do poorly for the first half of the game. its the second half where I am start really applying what I have learned and begin pick apart the enemy. By the end of 80% of my games Im the top player for my team if not the lobby.

So in my long rant here, how do you deal with quickscopers? same way as campers. Figure out what they like to do, where they like to go and use it against them.

Well 50% of this is on your sholders as a gamer. I will say this now, If you dont have the skill to pull it off, not even the most brilliant plan will save you. In my gun battles with snipers tha I lose my main problem has been 2 things. 1 the fact that I miss my first 1-2 bullets which had they hit would have given me atleast a small chance. 2. and more importantly My reaction speed. I would like to believe that I have a quick reaction speed. But sometimes you simply fail to notice things you should have noticed sooner. Those are the 2 things I attribute to deaths by snipers QS. Im not saying they are without skill or trying to make an excuse. I say "good kill" and then tell myself what I did wrong and to stop it.

The sound is done perfectly. In order to sound whore you have to use a perk. however, this perk isnt like the broken thing in MW3, this one doesnt just make footsteps louder, it makes everything louder. Gunfire, reload noises, enemy speech, climbing, running, all of it. This acts to restrain the powerful perk. Because everything else is louder they of can drown out the sound of footsteps. But if you are paying attention they can still be heard well in advance of them turning the corner. Plenty of time for you to react to it. Unlike in MW3 where I could hear you spawn with sitrep pro.

This works so that the people who dont have nice and shiny... and expensive headsets are not as gimped. Used right Awareness gives you the advantage in engagments often enough to be considered a powerful perk. and because of this Ninja once again has a use where as in MW3 it was worthless, because Sitrep pro not only countered the effect of ninja, it went a step further and increases the sound it would be still making it louder then you would have been normally without ninja/sitrep in play (in otherwords, it completely overpowers the effect of ninja).

as far as the multiple lines of sight what is wrong with that? The call of duty community has been ranting and raving for ages about campers. You guys think camping is bad now, imagine if there were only 2 ways to get at the guy and that was the norm all around the map. Giving multiple attack routes makes it harder for one team to dominate the other which helps to level the playing field when playing alone against organized teams.

This game cost the same amount of money as a pair of cheapish shoes. I really can't see myself writing to a shoe manufacturer telling them they disgust and disappoint me because the laces were the wrong colour.

The sense of entitlement in this forum is just off the charts. It's like the waiting room for The X Factor or America's Got Talent. People really need to get over themselves.

deamonomic

DR65DR wrote:

This game cost the same amount of money as a pair of cheapish shoes. I really can't see myself writing to a shoe manufacturer telling them they disgust and disappoint me because the laces were the wrong colour.

The sense of entitlement in this forum is just off the charts. It's like the waiting room for The X Factor or America's Got Talent. People really need to get over themselves.

AHAHAHAHA

you sir. are a moron. (deamonic)

Seriously. at least google the things you blab about.

and there is plenty of proof. just play on some one elses connection. maybe someone that can ping across the country with 30 ms or less. almost guarantee you will feel the lag comp.

Theres a difference between being laggy, and not being able to get hit markers because of lag comp.

the lag comp is more subtle. but a seasoned player will notice it (or just someone with good hand eye coordination). you can feel it in the aim-assist and hitmarkers of course..

as far as the fal being a 2-3 shot kill no matter where you hit them in one game. and getting 5-6 hitmarkers with it in the next game. I really cant see how thats due to networking errors.

deamonomic

playerone2 wrote:

you sir. are a moron. (deamonic)

Seriously. at least google the things you blab about.

and there is plenty of proof. just play on some one elses connection. maybe someone that can ping across the country with 30 ms or less. almost guarantee you will feel the lag comp.

Theres a difference between being laggy, and not being able to get hit markers because of lag comp.

the lag comp is more subtle. but a seasoned player will notice it (or just someone with good hand eye coordination). you can feel it in the aim-assist and hitmarkers of course..

as far as the fal being a 2-3 shot kill no matter where you hit them in one game. and getting 5-6 hitmarkers with it in the next game. I really cant see how thats due to networking errors.

you sir are the moron. where have i said there there is no lag? where? NOWHERE. What i have been and will keep stating is that I am not seeing the super lag you all claims exists.

Most of you dont know what real lag is. Real lag is where you cant change your dam class. Real lag (the kind you all claim exists in EVERY match at EVERY death) Is where you are forced to aim ahead of your opponent and fire before they come around that corner or have to put a sustained burst into someone when they are standing still. THAT is Lag. That is what I have yet to see.

I have yet to see ANY of you provide proof of that or anything near that level consistently through out games. If you think I havent been to youtube and that I havent dont my homework you are mistaken. I have dont my homework.

I have watched MANY youtube videos. and yes, alot of them have lag spikes in them... that cost them 1 death and the rest are legit yet they still claim Lag comp. Hell this one guy claims the enemy player "vanished" due to lag comp. I saw clear as day from his recording that the enemy player ran to the right. There wasnt one death he had that game in all the times he called lag or there was some BS. All of it had an explenation.

You guys for the most part are just whiney kids who get owned and need something to blame. and guess what, theres the broken kill cam.

seasoned player... HAHAHAHA. I have more hours gaming online then you do I would bet I have no life. havent since I was young. I have played MANY online games. and ya know what seems to be a constant theme... lag... sometimes they run great, others the lag... depending on whos host... been that way since CoD4, yet you guys are claiming its radically different. Seasoned.... sure.