13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 1:01 PM by offthewall2 RSS

Place all Ph.D Flopper theories here.

This thread, I hope, should be come the base for where people discuss how we get to the hidden (And seemingly unreachable) perk, Ph.D Flopper. All theories are accepted, but please be logical.

My personal theory is that; from what I've seen, the Minion Boss round will drop a Random Perk Bottle if you go the whole round Melee Only. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) This might mean that you can't exactly buy Ph.D Flopper, but you can get it through those means.

If that's wrong, all I have to offer is that there is a secret passage or some buildable needed to get there.

• Re: Place all Ph.D Flopper theories here.

I haven't gotten to play yet...  just been watching all of the videos.. .but my first question would be - if you turn the power off, does it didsable some of the elevators?

So when taking that elevator up/down could somone turn the power off at the right timing to get you to the passage?

I didn't know that the ability to turn the power off would return from Green Run.

Otherwise, that's a good theory. I heard the beginning elevator was only used once, however, but I could be wrong. That might require some precise timing-- but with how much people love Ph.D Flopper it might be worth it.

Cheesegrater28

The first elevator kind of just falls. The power is off already, so turning the power off later probably wouldn't do much there. The other elevators, with the exception of quick revive in solo, require power but there isn't a whole lot in the elevator shafts, so even if we can stop them somewhere, there isn't much of a point yet. Maybe we will have to during the EE.

chadburlington

Ph d flooper isnt accessible , i think its there for ***** and giggles, it would defeat the purpose of the map its all about watching were ur gonna and height, u also cant go that room were it is in theater mode also making me think my thoughts r true, usually in theater u can go to any place thats accessible while playing , excuse any typeos

Treyarch loves to troll it's fans, but I don't think they want to piss us off THAT much, considering how much everyone loves the perk. Unless it's a preview to say that the perk is returning in the next map. 

I get what you're saying about it defeating the purpose. The one thing I have to say though is that it wouldn't EXACTLY defeat the purpose, as you still have to watch out for death pits that would kill you even with Ph.D.

swagger5

Exactly. When you think about it, the map we have access to currently is pretty small, its just tight corridors. Judging by the scale of Green Run, there is a good chance (assuming they kept that scale) that there is A LOT of unexplored space. We just have to find the way there. PhD and Trampoline might be two keys to that.

I think there's a lot we haven't explored yet-- but it doesn't seem THAT small when compared to other maps. Green Run seemed a lot bigger, but it's actual nice combat/hoarding space was minor in comparison. I think this map makes full use of all the space it has, but there is a possibility that we just haven't seen everything yet.

Cheesegrater28

They might just be messing with us, but if it was available for purchase, it wouldn't change how we play the board drastically. There is only a couple of spots on the board that have deadly drops, that end in a playable area, like jumping on the elevators when they are far below. I'm sure if we got the perk, falling in off the map spots, like the bottom of the elevator shafts would still kill us. The perk would mostly help with the drops we already do, and not getting hurt by them. Sometimes I get hurt from the regular drops, and if a zombie hits me once then I'm dead.

I hope they're not messing with us, LOL. It would be nice to see most of the favorite perks returning, including this one. Besides, Ph.D is almost always considered a necesssity because of the much loved M&S, and using the Ray Gun. I think the Sliquifier has splash damage too, but I'm not sure.

swagger5

What if you could drop down and place the trampoline on top of the fallen elevator. Use that trampoline to jump up to PhD?

My theory is simple ... phd was not in the first ''free map'' of black ops 1 kino der toten. so maybe it is not on tranzit either.

somepeople have found the phd on one of the levels of die rise. they seem like they cant get it now, and you have to achieve something before getting it.

heres the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ADubjFU34

its in french but still you can cleary see the phd flopper.

he tries to go next to it but he cannot, thats why i think there something you need to do first. maybe simply the easter egg

deanerj

The elevator keys don't just work on the perk elevators. HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT. Do some exploring with the big elevator.

offthewall2

I'm hoping PHD Flopper can be accessed using a buildable, like how the PAP room on Green Run was opened. Nobody has found any secret areas yet, so there has to be at least one.