48 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 12:34 PM by phxs72 RSS

K/D Means Nothing

I used to have a 2.68 K/D ive video proof but since getting all dimond camos and messing around with the assault shield with friends its plummeted to around 1.30. So now when im in lobbys i allways get somebody saying ha ha look your K/D is crap lol and then i get in a game and destroy them im not botherd about my K/D but alot of you are what are thoughts

• Re: K/D Means Nothing
    Community1234

Obviously you care, or you wouldn't have taken the time to tell us, "I used to have a 2.68 K/D...video proof..."

K/D means nothing more than how effective you are at killing while not dying.  As far as objective matches go, it's a meaningless stat.  In Team Deathmatch, it means something.

Community1234 wrote:

Obviously you care, or you wouldn't have taken the time to tell us, "I used to have a 2.68 K/D...video proof..."

hahaha!!!

The ones who are nice, imo, are the ones with a combo of a high KDR and SPM.

BanHaMMer

Community1234 wrote:

K/D means nothing more than how effective you are at killing while not dying.  As far as objective matches go, it's a meaningless stat.  In Team Deathmatch, it means something.

I wish this where true, why do they measure TDM in SPM?

Thats just wrong.

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

I have a .96 k/d. I don't care whatsoever . I play the game for fun .

stonehang

i dont care about that either, since i start to working on my all the weapons diamond camoes, k/d means nothing, but all the weapons in diamond, thats the beast thing you need to prove to other people

K/D usually does matter, especially in tdm, K/D and spm is a good way to rate a player.

mn7_la

"MUTE ALL EXCEPT PARTY"

Ever wonder, even slightly, what they set that thing up for?

My KD is 1.0+ & my WL is 0.5 & my SPM is <200 - I DON'T CARE. I got to have fun & I got to complete diamond unlocks while having fun.

Who cares what the other players on the lobby have to say - 99% of time I just mute everyone out.

MN

W/L ratio is where it's at, unless you play exclusively TDM, then it's a combination of both W/L and K/D.

I've seen horrible campers play domination, with like 1.7 K/D but when I look at their W/L it's under 0.4 lol!

My W/L is about 1.15 and I'm quite proud of it actually.

Eye_Gore

KDR means nothing in any game mode. I don't know why people are saying that it matters in TDM. I could sit in a corner all game long get 1 kill per game and no deaths, my KDR would eventually be through the roof. This is an extreme exaggeration of course, but you could do it. Its too easily manipulated.

Harv72

It's still true in that exaggeration, though.  Your 1-0 helps your team more than another player's 22-24, for example.

I only play TDM when it comes up in Ground War, but knowing that I'm not a great slayer I mostly lay back & move tactically...a typical game for me would be 13-5.  I could definitely get more kills than that if I threw on an SMG class and rushed, but with far more deaths.  On the other hand, if I really sucked at the game then the absolute best thing I could do for my team would be to find a corner and hide there.  I did that a few times in BO1 when the other team was that much better than me.

Big_Piimpin

not really, when you play solo it doesn't matter how good you do you cant pull a team of six on kill confirmed

W/L is easily done,a nd does not show the skill of the player, if you are in a clan or party, it is very easy to get a nice w/l.. K/D shows that the player wheather they are a defender ( people need to stop calling defenders campers) or play offensively can win gun fights and hold their own in battle.. but both can be manipulated... but KD say more about the individual player

InstantOG

K/D matters to a certain extent.

Someone with a K/D over 1.5 usually will be the kill whoring objective player in the lobby,.

Someone with a K/D under 1.00 usually will be the mindless player(s) of the lobby

Now K/D is mostly a measure of what kind of player you are

eponymous1965

K/D is rendered more meaningless because when you get disconnected from a game, happened to me at least 10 times last weekend, it records your K/D as 0.00 as if you rage quit or dashboarded. Completely unfair.

Personally I love Kraft Dinner

You can get a 2.00 KD easlier by camping in the corners , SPM shows how good you are .

Congradulations!

You have earned:

Dignity x1

Maturity x1

Common Sense x1

StonerShug

Its mostly SPM that counts, as most modes are objective modes. Obviously in campmatch SPM is kinda irrelevant, unless paired with a good K/D.

I gotta say though, it is possible to play well without either. I have a K/D of 1.03 and a SPM of 270, yes alot of this is due to me going hugely negative for my first 4 prestiges, but mostly its just me being average. Yet i still manage to get cracking gameplays, in lobbies that arent lagging (on both ends), and end up with between a 3 and 5 K/D at the top of the board.

Harv72

The biggest compliment I can give you in-game is when I leave your lobby before the match starts.  I look at the lobby leaderboard between matches just to see where I lie, and if I see that there's one player with a much higher SPM than anyone else, I check one number in their combat record: W/L ratio.

If they're rocking a 2+ W/L, I'm out of there unless they end up on my team.  If they've got a 0.5 W/L then I couldn't care less how high their SPM or K/D are, they don't know how to play the game & I'm not even slightly afraid of going up against them.

alexjt22

Getting those weapons diamond is an absolute K/D dropper spent the day getting my combat knife gold in FFA running into shotguns and smgs all day was frustrating.

K/D doesn't mean much unless u know the player and what he has done (does he have a good connection, does he go 4 ridiculous challenges, what weapons does he use, does he fck around and does he play in a party most of the time)

SPM means fck all too 4 the exact same reason as above i could get a high k/d and spm just using a smg try harding not a problem but i like to mix it up some days i will try hard with a smg with vsat, dogs and swarm and some days i will have a fck about messing around and some days i will go 4 challenges and camo's

stats to a certain degree are irrelevent unless put under the microscope

skill_kill_uk wrote:

I used to have a 2.68 K/D ive video proof but since getting all dimond camos and messing around with the assault shield with friends its plummeted to around 1.30. So now when im in lobbys i allways get somebody saying ha ha look your K/D is crap lol and then i get in a game and destroy them im not botherd about my K/D but alot of you are what are thoughts

That's interesting... because mine is now even lower than that (from working on challenges and weapons), and I haven't had a single person comment on my "just above 1.0" k/d in my over 20+ days of game time played.

Perhaps you are pointing it out to them to make small talk?

As others have pointed out however, SPM in TDM over 2.50 is a pretty good indicator they can be a real killer. I am guessing that uninhibited by challenges (*cough*-glitchers-*cough*) I would likely be in the 1.90 range as a sniper and 2.25-2.50 range running and gunning.

On rare occasion I see a monster SPM on legit guys (3.50-4.50 in Core TDM) and frankly, they are a must have on your team or you can pretty much bank on losing.

As an aside: I haven't personally seen a performance that matches -- their likely boosted stats -- for anyone over 4.8 SPM.

its because of my psn skill_kill_uk that they mention it but like i said im not botherd about my K/D we can all sit in lobbys talking the talk about are big K/Ds but scores speak for them selfs after a match

People that care about K/D and other pathetic stats either A: have absolutly no life. B: are some kid about 11 years old who shouldn't be playing in the first place. or C: Has no GF or is ever likely to see a real girl naked, ever. I just play this game for fun when i have a spare day or two off work and to be honest the FUN aspect of this game wore off a long time ago. i get it too some pathetic excuse for a person moaning about K/D. personally my k/d is 2.19 or some **** but that is because like you i don't suck at this game. you have to remember in a year or two's time these sad gits will look back and think  they were getting a hard on over their k/d and now it means absolutly piss all. 

Ghost7922

I play this game in my spare time and just for fun. I might try doing a race to prestige with freinds just to see how that works out, but other then that I don't care about the stats. When ever you go for challenges or Diamond camos you immediatly see all your stats drop. If your like me and you like equipping the assault sheild every now and then just to trap people and piss them off then that will also affect you. Right now my SPM is 244, K/D is 0.84, and W/L ratio is 0.36. I proudly don't give a sh*t about any of them.

Ghost

rlbl

KD matters if it matters to you.

People feel they need to rate, and be rated. I could care less.  I wanna know what can you do today, and not what you did yesterday.

If you have a KD of 5 and you play with me and suck (hiding in corners to protect your KD), I will kick/leave you. IDC how well your stats "rate" you. 

My KD is < 1 and often finish at the top of the leaderboards in HC KC (win or lose). I play to win, not to have good stats (both is fine).

NOTE: I am not talking TDM or FFA

Out

KD only matters in TDM /FFA .....anywhere else it is a stat that says nothing about how good or bad you are by itself

I play HC/KC i look at your Kills, Confirms, Denies ........ to see if you are playing the objective or not

I have a freind who will quit any game he plays if he is Lagging or getting his butt kicked for any reason.....he claims i know my WL sucks but i need to protect my KD ......I laugh at him this guy is in his late 30s ....

I think you should play the game to have a goodtime, .....pick your friends on how well you like hanging with them online .......and stop judgeing people on stats ......

With Lag / Lag comp you might be a beast today and and a lamb tommorrow

i agree and disagree as well

i dont think that stats should be an indicator of quittinga  game.. it is to have fun

however Kd is the Best indicator of how good a player is, but not always full proof, since stats can be manipulated

w/l is something you cant control, normally you have to party up to win, however you can control KD

rlbl

question: Why do you need to indicate how good a player is?

I think people who put too much into needing to show how good they are in a game, are lacking something in real life (it is called compensating)

(of course, I am speaking as an adult who is relatively proud of what I have accomplished thus far... I do not need a game to show I have skills)

zvers

Because k/d can indicate how a player, well, plays. How reckless they will be in game etc. Maybe I over think it but it does have some merit.

No one is making money by having a crazy k/d so even this kind of thread seems pointless to me. Who cares what other people's stats are! I don't understand why people fret about this constantly. They say they don't care but in reality, they went through creating a discussion about it in the first place. So, do they actually care??

phxs72

You're correct about being able to tell the style of player by his stats but I must be a rare bird in that I don't bother to even check the lobby stats.  I pay more attention to how they play ingame and adjust my play accordingly.  I'm with RLBL on this one.  Game stats in the real world are meaningless fluff that is unless you make your living off of playing games.  Before BO2 came out I considering going for the high stats just to show that I could do it but then I thought to myself, I already know that I could do it but it would be at the sacrifice of having as much fun as I'd like to have.  So I decided to just have fun.  That doesn't mean that I won't go for some high killstreaks someday just to have done it but I'll be doing it just for my own satisfaction.  I honestly wouldn't care if they took the stats out of the game completely.

ive been the type to look at stats, when i remember, but this prestige glitch has taken that time for me.. having to see if they are legit, and if not, reporting them

phxs72

I suppose that's where I'm fortunate.  While I don't approve of those that did the PM glitch (mostly because I think that it's a waste of $50 to skip to the end), I also don't feel compelled to hunt them down.  That's nothing against those that do.  As it is a noble thing but I've been around the block awhile and if I took the time to worry about policing everyone else's violations then I wouldn't have enough time to play the game.  I'm pretty good at hunting people down but that's just not how I choose to spend my free time.  I'm playing the game to have fun and for me fun isn't a function of whether or not someone achieved their accolades legitly.  I honestly don't even consider the question when I join a lobby.  All of their bells and whistles aren't what's important.  I'm much more interested in my own bells and whistles than what they have or don't have.  I suppose what it boils down to is I'm planning on kicking their butt regardless of their prestige or anything else that they have.  It doesn't always work out of course but that's okay.  If you think about it the punishment that keeps on giving for those that cheat for accolades is a good butt whipping.  And I'm bring that to them as often as I can.

i think it should be a personal stat, not a stat that everyone can see... i donno, its just a game, it really doesnt matter

Highwayman0226

With all the connectivity issues, stats in this game are meaningless anyway.  One match you go 38-6, next game you got 11-19.  Same players, sometimes even same map. 

My opinion.  Real players hover between .75-1.25.  These are people that frequently suffer from lag issues, but stay in matches and try to win despite the obvious disadvantage.  They play the objective and aren't selfish players. 

Players with 1.25-2 Are likely the better players.  They suffer from the same issues, but are either a cut above (400 spm is a good indicater) or they play defensively because their KD matters to them.

Players above a 2 KD rarely suffer from any lag issues and always have the advantage over their opponents.  They are able to run high killstreaks because it's very easy for them to get the kills. 

These are just my opinions when I look at someone's KD.  Honestly, a 1:1 ratio is good goal in this lagfest.

CallOfDutyFan88

this community sugarcoats stuff too much, a good player wont ever let themself have a negative k/d. if u are negative, u are simply a bad player bottom line, whether u care or not that is on u. u cant be too productive if ur not winning ur gunfights and constantly respawning in any gamemode. not only are u constantly leaving ur team short a man but u are giving up streaks to match and that passes unnesesary deaths on to the rest your team. im not saying u need a 4 k/d to be a beast either, they are plenty of beasts out there hovering around the 1.20-1.30 k/d mark because they know how to rack up tons of score and stay alive or at least take somebody with them doing it.

zvers

My k/d only means something to me. I don't know why people talk trash like that. That's an indicator for you to care about. Do I look at the lobby leaderborad before the match starts just to get a GENERAL view of the playing field? Sure, but you are right that it's not always a full proof way. The problem stems from 12 year olds playing a game they shouldn't be playing in the first place. The maturity factor.

Only people that rages, complains, and time out when they are 8-7 care about K/D. Those are the same people who picks apart the game and say its trash because it doesn't suit their kind of play, and take the game way to seriously like their life depends on it if they don't get around a 4.00 KD every game. I honestly stopped caring about K/D back in MW3 when IW was going on a banning spree and banned me because this all 6 members of a clan reported me cause I kept being on top every game with randoms(we kept spanking them in Domination). I just say K/D proves nothing unless you like everyone else said plays TDM all the time or Kill Confirmed.

CallOfDutyFan88

u dnt get benned just like that, u must have been cheating or being offensive for a while.

lPikachu

Dropping from 2.68 to 1.30 because of using different weapons is bullshit, unless you only had like 1000 kills lul

SoG_Hanix_PC

You can't leave out lag. I had 1200 kills with a weapon and then started lagging every time played for a few weeks. During that time, I reached 1500 kills with that weapon and saw my accuracy drop fro 20% to 16%. So, I could assume that lag could also affect some one's K/D in similar way.

All stats matter but you have to use them ALL to get a clear picture of a player.

People love to point out the best stat while standing in front of the worst to try and obscure it. The ONE stat that is best becomes the most important to protect fragile e-egos....