28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 10:06 AM by TRAILBLAZ3RSS RSS

Put away your betties!

iKon

So listen guys, I will probably kick myself for doing this, but you have to start switching out your betties for claymores. Any above average player, especially those with headsets, have become trained to the clicking noise that indicates a betty has been set off, and can easily duck under it, usually with a huge amount of time to spare. I've gotten to the point where it's almost natural in that I can duck under betties while concentrating and winning gun battles at the same time. With that being said, it is completely different for claymores, in that they are almost inescapable when not using Flak Jacket, as long as you place them correctly, which most people do not which is why I put together the following tip. Let me know through replies if you've also become trained to this, I think it's becoming quite the natural thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sSQQhRGcZA

• Re: Put away your betties!
    nicedrewishfela

^^Ignore this guy. Keep peppering areas with Claymores/Betties/Shock Charges so you show up bright red on my screen. So I can toss an EMP grenade into your hidey hole for hundreds of points, and then go in and take you out as well.

rankismet

nicedrewishfela wrote:

^^Ignore this guy. Keep peppering areas with Claymores/Betties/Shock Charges so you show up bright red on my screen. So I can toss an EMP grenade into your hidey hole for hundreds of points, and then go in and take you out as well.

Exactly... I love my 200 pts per EMP grenade.

NoLifeKing29

OP is right, betties are crap compared to claymores. Betty kills took forever, and got a lot of TKs, claymores has taken a third of the time and far less TKs.

Gunzby

Phew I thought you were going to say go with frags. I run Engineer and EMP on all my classes. It's crazy how many points you rack up frying that stuff

I run betties practically on every class and still get mad kills with them lol, even though the sound is very distingushable, ALOT of people just dont have the reaction time or are just so cought off guard that they forget to duck or panic so hard they mess up and die.

trialstardragon

that is why I like the wild card where you can carry two lethals. I use a betty and a claymore combined in some area's. Duck under one to find the other going off right in your face.

Plus most of the time I use the betty as an alert and not really for the kill. I palce it in obvious place but not easy to get at for someone to destroy which lets me know they are near by, giving me the time ot turn and kill them.

and in HC they prolly kill more friendlies over enemies...explosives in general should not be used unless by players capable of using them..on topic yea claymores > betties...but ive gotten a quad feed with 1 betty before so thats always fun

C4 is the best. Used a token on it and never regretted it. Double tap reload to skip the stupid trigger animation. I kill so many campers with C4.

If you plant a betty or claymore, I'm probably going to hack it... or run right over it and not even care. That's the luxury of Engineer. All other perks in tier 3 slot are not even necessary. Well, unless you have a heavy weapon, then Dexterity.

ROXSTARUK

Havent they also tweaked betties so that you only have to crouch now to avoid them instead of diving to the ground?

I've found that when I use Claymores vs Betties my claymore's get hacked and teammates die to them. When I run betties, enemies just duck under them, and carry on. I'd rather the latter. For both reasons, I'm currently max prestige and still don't have either title for the Betty or Claymore becuase I simply don't use them.

- Younique

iKon

Very solid points. The only thing that I was trying to prove with the video was that it is more benefial to run claymores in that theyre pretty much impossible to avoid once triggered unlike betties which can easily be avoided, especially if youve become trained to the sound.

r33k

bettys are dumb. i used a stige token to unlock clays. i have always used clays and will continue to do so. havent been killed by a betty in like forever. so easy to get around them. so much delay. at best, they serve as a warning that someone has breached your perimiter. they are for noobs to kill other noobs.

iKon

I completely agree, as I also used a prestige token on claymores. I dont always use them, but when I do they are a ton more effective unless the other team is running engineer or EMP nades.

CowboySr

I have 3203 betty kills sir, because I can throw them up in windows like c4(unlike a claymore, and i can use 2 at a time thanx to scavenger(unlike c4).   Im a frisbee throwin betty mother Fv(ker, and I always will be.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

Agreed.. with almost 2700 betty kills I'm not going to stop using them any time soon.

My favorite is dropping one at my feet when I run around a corner and stumble onto multiple enemies.  Drop it and shoot what I can, but I almost always get one or more Afterlife/revenge medals that way.

Also, betties' proximity trigger can be from any direction around the device.  Claymores can only be triggered from the side with the red beams, if I'm not mistaken.  Handy for putting just inside a doorway, but most rooms/areas have multiple ways to enter, and very rarely do I see a claymore set next to a window.

Running Engineer and EMP grenades or black hats, the only times I get killed by either (usually) is when doing the no perks/no attachments gun challenges and don't react in time.

I use betties a lot on demolition and domination maps.  There will always be someone who blindly runs to the objective and dies before realizing they need to crouch.  Plus, I can toss them to the objective from far away rather than having to get up on it.

I also love using them from the upstairs rooms in nuketown; I just toss them down from there near the trailers and inevitably someone will jump through the truck or come around the corner and blow up.  Or if they have flak jacket, I shoot them after they trigger it letting me know they're there.

They're good for watching your back from people who have ghost as well, whether they trigger it or hack it and I hear the voice telling me it's been hacked.

parnezzi

shock charges and c4, no better way to be a bigger douche

deamonomic

iKon wrote:

So listen guys, I will probably kick myself for doing this, but you have to start switching out your betties for claymores. Any above average player, especially those with headsets, have become trained to the clicking noise that indicates a betty has been set off, and can easily duck under it, usually with a huge amount of time to spare. I've gotten to the point where it's almost natural in that I can duck under betties while concentrating and winning gun battles at the same time. With that being said, it is completely different for claymores, in that they are almost inescapable when not using Flak Jacket, as long as you place them correctly, which most people do not which is why I put together the following tip. Let me know through replies if you've also become trained to this, I think it's becoming quite the natural thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sSQQhRGcZA

its true. claymores are now the main threat. The Era of the  "Click ***** BOOM" shall come soon.

TRAVOSAURUSREX

That is why you put more than one bettie on different levels.

spanky'smonkey

i could give a rats ass which one you use. once the first one catches me or a mate. out comes the emp class and i start raking up free points. i love seeing those little red markers. emp your betty and get me points, teammate wacks you on his way through and i get a few more. it's called the ability to adapt and use teamwork.

spanky'smonkey

i've made quite a few people stop planting those damned things.

culaid

Death by a claymore can be avoided by a well timed jump.