31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 5:12 PM by fissuresofrequent RSS

Skill-based matchmaking

I was wondering if Treyarch was working into removing skill-based matchmaking. I do like a challenge every so often but I find it more fun to play against noobs and do decent while using "underpowered" guns like the Executioner because I want to get gold for all guns. And it's hard to do when I run into tryhard clans using PDW-57 and MSMC on a pretty consistent basis. So I wanted to know if it was possible to remove skill more the matchmaking process and if it is possible, will they remove it.

• Re: Skill-based matchmaking
    nintendon't

What skill based matchmaking? I get noobs all the time.

I only get noobs when the tryhard clans aren't online, like early in the morning or late at night. But in primetime hours all lobbies are [nKo], [GPD], etc. I guess your just really lucky lol

nintendon't

GPD is a crappy clan. Me and a bunch of guys made their whole party ragequit earlier today in domination. They were even talking trash too about how they were gonna "f*** us up" lol.

As is BbB

Finally me and nintendon't can agree! lol Seriously though GPO is nothing but a few average players that always play in a party and wouldn't stand a chance playing solo

Padiego

I have met GPO twice. First time, they barely beat us, then trash talked about how mlg they were( they were using smgs, i was using mtar i think). Next match, we destroyed them. They raged quit when i called my third stealth chopper in. The second and final time i met GPO, well, nintendont covered that already. Another clan who's full of tryhards has to be ink. Im pretty sure a req to join ink is to have the pdw as your favorite weapon. I never had the pleasure of making full ink parties quit, i however had the pleasure of making a few random inks ragequit. I also have beaten fissure and his party( hey, you were there dan!) once. Barely. I think dan was carrying his team while supposed mlg fissure barely had a cap. I also made sinc ragequit yesterday. Sinc is a sniping clan. Yesterday, i met three sinc, made them ragequit. I thought it was funny,since that match was my first time quickscoping and i held a near 3.0kd. Shows you how easy it is to snipe in this game.

What I noticed about tryhard clans is they suck if they're going against a full party of good players.

fissuresofrequent

Ummm Nintendon't... That's because you play TDM. aka Where all the sheltered noobs go. aka Team Camp Match.

D:

vaporeon6000

My god I hate the PDW-57,there is always someone who kills me with it ;_;

Then again I always use iron sights Ballista so I get killed a lot sometimes...But still that SMG is very annoying.

Now with that out of the way the GPO clan sucks,they were talking blasphemy to me and my teammate and how our KIAR clan was gonna get crushed and it was the other way around,they ended up camping with LMG's with target finder.

Convict7

I don't know about skill, score based seems more of an option, though that is a mess as well.

I got 6000 points on Dom and in the other match, I get guys with about 900 at max, when the other team gets all the guys who had 1000-4000.

Now the thing is, they were all just focusing on killing so how the hell am I supposed to win the match all by myself, especially when my team mates play like it was TDM, walking around the map trying to find someone to kill instead of just gathering around the flags with me, they just walk by and wonder the hell is he doing?

vaporeon6000

Sometimes my team mate do that,I have to ignore the B completely and go to A/C so distract the enemy team.

CastieL

i seen you a few times on dom and hc. you try to snipe die like  5 or 6 times then leave the game. i never seen you stay a full game.anywho i  played with gpo,sas,nko and the ink clan before. some are allies. but the guy named gpo powerhouse, or swallow this. is the same guy. every time he goes negative. he will turn off his wii. same with some guy named retrobution. and greatdan. a bunch of try hard smg supressor camping noobs. who only take the flags after  they call in their high scorestreaks from camping.

CastieL wrote:

i seen you a few times on dom and hc. you try to snipe die like  5 or 6 times then leave the game. i never seen you stay a full game.

Pot, kettle black.. You team killed your way out of a game lastnight to save your stats, and rage quit all the time..

CastieL

team killing to save my stats? yeah because people purposly teamkill  to leave a game on hc? i couldnt just turn off my wii or simply leave if i cared about my stats so much.     you arent good at all you use lag an an excuse to camp. i p lay the fairest and hardest way possible and beat you people who play the most unfair and easiest. please stop crying because i beat you camping no lifes all day i was way more then positive and had the highest score more then everyone on both teams. please kid. stick to your  with targer finder why i emp you and semtex you.

CastieL wrote:

team killing to save my stats? yeah because people purposly teamkill  to leave a game on hc? i couldnt just turn off my wii or simply leave if i cared about my stats so much.     you arent good at all you use lag an an excuse to camp. i p lay the fairest and hardest way possible and beat you people who play the most unfair and easiest. please stop crying because i beat you camping no lifes all day i was way more then positive and had the highest score more then everyone on both teams. please kid. stick to your  with targer finder why i emp you and semtex you.

Never used a target finder in my life, not once. I use a pistol and M8A1, have done ever since I unlocked it and carried it through when I prestiged. The pistol is what I killed you with 3 times in a row just before you quit the game. You team killed to make it look like an accident. Why don't you upload that video and prove me wrong..

Edit; Still waiting for that video. Guess you do teamkill when things don't go your way..

vaporeon6000

I'm all done with snipers so possibly never go back to HC!

but anyways I leave sometimes due that either friend wants to play with me on zombies or I need to do something or also I'm just bored and get a match and leave..etc.

Linyao

There is no skill in cod at all just people who have fun and smg noobs and campers.

codcanuck

The matchmaking system is still a complete joke. Don't know what lobbies you guys are in, but I constantly see the computer put the prestiges on one team and the lvl 30s and 40s on the other, with NO large parties present.