10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 6:37 PM by GetDef RSS

Reporting Lodestar Glitch

GetDef

I need to report a glitch to 3Arc where if you're in a lodestar and earn another lodestar, while using the initial one, then once you're out of the lodestar and back in the game, the lodestar that was earned while in the first lodestar, DOESN'T show up in the scorestreak list. So, that's a pretty big loss. Also, I noticed another glitch that while a player had a Ballista with "iron sights", they also were able to attach a ballistics CPU to the rifle and so in the first person view (I noticed it while spectating in search and destroy) you see the ballistics CPU just floating in space above the rifle like there was a scope on the rifle.

• Re: Reporting Lodestar Glitch
    parnezzi

its not a glitch, killstreaks don't loop and you can't get another one of those killstreaks while you still have the first one.

even if your using it you still have it, you have to get rid of it before you can get another one. not just use it.

the second one is a glitch with the elite CaC where you can change your class on the elite web page and have it moved over to the in game CaC.

GetDef

It's a glitch, in my opinion, because as I said, I'm using the lodestar and as I'm killing people, it says lodestar online, followed by the lodestar emblem [which appears for a scorestreak that's been earned] AND this is still while I'm in the initial lodestar already. If it was not a glitch then that whole "notification" would not even happen. I understand what you're saying though, because by your statement you presume that it was not a glitch because I would have to cycle through the scorestreaks again in order to get another lodestar. You may not have understood, because I wasn't clear, but I tell you that cycling through the scorestreaks is exactly what I did.

Here's what happened: I saved the initial lodestar, after having used the first two scorestreaks, and completely earned the first two scorestreaks again. At which I point, I then went into the initial lodestar, and while I used that first lodestar, I earned yet another lodestar. And like I said the emblem popped up for it and everything...so, when I was back in player mode my other scorestreaks were still there but the lodestar I earned while in that first lodestar (like I said, I was even notified of it via emblem/audio saying friendly lodestar online), was NOWHERE to be seen. That's a glitch, if I'm not mistaken...

It needs to be fixed so that I would not be told I got another one, or it needs to be fixed so that it's actually giving me the one that it says I earned. And so for what it's worth, I'm just reporting this to Treyarch. Thanks for enlightening me about the ballistics CPU/iron sights though; that sounds pretty interesting that it would be able to be pushed from the website into the game, but also pretty lame that it's allowed to happen. If it was fixed in today's update that's great though. I read somewhere in that update's details that it was something that was addressed (where "pushes" from the web were somehow fixed).

deamonomic

it is NOT a glitch. even tho it says you earned it, you didnt. that is simply the game letting you know that you just passed that kill streak.

and what the other guy was saying was this "you CAN cycle through killstreaks and earn them again... all BUT the killstreak you used to get there"

Happens with all KS

Yea, it is not a glitch. If I have a hkd equipped as a scorestreak and I haven't used it yet it will still tell me I earned another one even though I don't get 2.

lPikachu

It is a glitch and is why i always use dogs and swarm over vtol and lodestar

GetDef

I know it's a glitch. But like I said, I don't think this is the place to report it, because people are just sharing their views. I'm trying to get it resolved, not create a place to bicker....

It's not a glitch. It's because it is a controllable kill streak. It doesn't get removed from the menu until after it is either destroyed or finishes being used.

If you want to use it to get close to another loadstar then do so but stop right before you get to the next one and just get an assist or a kill. Hell even toss an EMP nade and destroy some equipment.

Using one loadstar to build to another would just lead to chain streaking and it would be really quite annoying, on top of the amount of people that quit out of games now a days there would just be no end.

GetDef

Key words: "finishes being used." Okay, that's food for thought. I see that now. HOWEVER, there's misleading info, by the game, if it says I earned another one. I don't know if there's anything that will be done about it. This is probably not the place to report things of this nature...

parnezzi

its exactly the same as Mw3 except Mw3 didn't use score to get killstreaks, if you want stackable loadstars then run only care packages