13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 4:58 PM by trialstardragon RSS

fal

wot on earth av they done to the fal........stupid update!

• Re: fal

I think there were some changes to the select fire.  I dont use select fire so it seemed about the same for me this weekend.

trialstardragon

Only stupid to you because you can nolonger spam it with select fire. they balanced it out more like it should have been in the first place.

well......so now av i gotta choose an smg like the other millions playing the game.....that sux!!!!

I get some pretty bad connections and I run an AR and go positive the majority of the time. It's not that difficult, just infuriating when the connection is garbage. Just don't expect to just run and gun and win all CQC.

trialstardragon

LOL.. if you think that you you suck at this game in general. My first gun gold was the svu, my second gold gun was the mtar an ar, my third was the mk48 a lmg. I have yet to even get a smg gold becasue I do not need them to do well in the game. I use the guns as they are meant for and not as I think they should be used like you are probably doing.

AR's are not CQC weapons and never were and never will be. They are mid to long range weapons. So if you are always putting yourself in cqc positions with a AR that is your mistake and not the devs.

dirtymoosetaint

i havent had a problem with the FAL i dont use select fire on it that often due to it decreasing the accuracy. but im not noticing a change at all...but i use reddot fmj forgrip...

jaysonsp

Yes they ruined it.   

its a shame, i liked the fal, and when they nerfed it the first time i thought that it was balanced then.. a little recoil was understandable.. im on ps3 so when this patch hits, i kow im gonna prob hate the gun

if 3arch was smart they shouldnt have just made the recoil happen when select fire was attached, but just on the gun in general, so now..

there is even more benifits to people who use modded controllers

no SF = less recoil than the legit player

rdnsnow

They didnt ruin it, they took an op gun and fixed it so it falls in line with the others. Its still a good weapon, just not op like it used to be.

lPikachu

Its fine semi auto?

Hopdevil96

Ok, so lets nerf one of the few ARs that are competitive against the SMGs, Shotguns and quick scopes. How often are you shot by an AR vs a SMG with diamond camo? How often do you see an AR on the ground?  FAL was my first gold camo. Now its crap.

Razor_Ransom

Agreed. 3arc already adjusted the recoil on the FAL with a previous patch.  Why again?  It's not a weapon that every player uses because its OP.

I just dont understand the level of recoil in ALL of BO2 Assault Rifles.  In MW3, the ARs didnt have a ton of recoil that I never used a Recoil perk with those guns!

The hip fire accuracy with the FAL is now completely useless.  In several killcams, I'm just spraying bullets in a big circle around the enemy.  Sometimes you need hip fire accuracy using a FAL when you're surprised by an enemy sporting an SMG with a Laser sight (which I see most every game).

The amount of recoil they added to both hip fire and ADS is ridiculous.

parnezzi

you know the select fire fired slower than the semi auto. maybe if you weren't so lazy and tapped the trigger like people who didn't suck you would know that.

the gun is just fine, you're just lazy