14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 8:56 AM by sstang1 RSS

What's the point?

One thing that has always made me curious, is when people fire a few rounds (sometimes a full clip) into the air at the beginning of a match? Is it because they think it'll unlock some glitch? Is it because they legit want the other team to know where they are? Is it because they're just annoying? Please, does anybody have an answer to this?

• Re: What's the point?

i believe its a couple reasons..

1 there just a  little dumb kid

2. they are testing their setting on their rapid fire controller

Nugatu

Testing the select fire

They're just annoying.

sdredger

point (point)

n.

1. A sharp or tapered end: the point of a knife; the point of the antenna.

2. An object having a sharp or tapered end: a stone projectile point.

3. A tapering extension of land projecting into water; a peninsula, cape, or promontory.

4. A mark formed by or as if by a sharp end.

5. A mark or dot used in printing or writing for punctuation, especially a period.

6. A decimal point.

7. Linguistics A vowel point.

8. One of the protruding marks used in certain methods of writing and printing for the blind.

9. Mathematics

a. A dimensionless geometric object having no properties except location.

b. An element in a geometrically described set.

Idioms

84. at / on / upon the point of, on the verge of; close to: on the point of death.

85. at this point in time, now; at this precise moment in history: At this point in time the President believes peace has been achieved.

86. in point, that is pertinent; applicable: a case in point.

87. in point of, as regards; in reference to: in point of fact.

88. make a point of, to regard as important; insist upon: She made a point of complimenting her friend's apartment.

89. make points with, Informal. to curry favor with: to make points with one's boss. Also, make Brownie points with.

90. strain / stretch a point, to depart from the usual procedure or rule because of special circumstances; make a concession or exception: Though the position required three years of previous experience, and he had only two, they stretched a point because of his outstanding record.

91. to the point, pertinent; fitting: The reply was short and to the point.

Now what exactly is the point in linking definitions

sstang1

I'm going with dumb kid 99.9% of the time.

I do it occasionally just randomly. Doesn't mean anything really

ghamorra

I use to do it to get a feel for my RoF, but that was when the game first came out and I didn't know how fast guns fired with SF and RF and without them

Izjar11

Decarow wrote:

One thing that has always made me curious, is when people fire a few rounds (sometimes a full clip) into the air at the beginning of a match? Is it because they think it'll unlock some glitch? Is it because they legit want the other team to know where they are? Is it because they're just annoying? Please, does anybody have an answer to this?

Multiple reasons but many do it to test the rapid fire, some to allow detection of position.

I fire shots in the air when nothing is happening (mid game) I call it the "the two shot technique" which is meant to bring attention to the player.

Raketti

I saw a vid on Youtube about it, it pointed out that you can in a way test your connection to the host by firing a few shots and comparing that to how fast the bullet counter is refreshed. Obviously it's not something accurate, but i tested it and noticed that in real laggy matches there could be up to a one second delay with the bullet count dropping when shooting single shots in a slow pace. So basically you could get a rough estimate on how bad your connection will be by shooting a few rounds at the beginning.

mrtmb55

Sometimes I'll turn around and run backwards and shoot my own team mates at the beginning of a match. we end up shooting each other. Of course we can't kill each other in core. just something I'll randomly do.