5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 8:15 AM by kemicalsupreme RSS

Why is it that people just appear out of nowhere on the screen after I die?

kemicalsupreme

I die from people in head glitch spots that do not appear out of the head glitch spot until I am near death.  They are shooting me before I can see them.

• Re: Why is it that people just appear out of nowhere on the screen after I die?

If you look on youtube, there are some videos explaining how this happens.  I'll see if I can dig one up.

Edit: Here you go:

When looking though the 1st person view, it does not line up with what the actual model is doing.

• Re: Why is it that people just appear out of nowhere on the screen after I die?
      maccabi

Griefbot wrote:

If you look on youtube, there are some videos explaining how this happens.  I'll see if I can dig one up.

Edit: Here you go:

When looking though the 1st person view, it does not line up with what the actual model is doing.

that video if you just look at the video is a good example, the actual words and explanaitions are all wrong though , i thought he actually was going to get it right when he said someone people say bullets come out of the head but then went and ruined it .

Right OP

This game uses a system called hitscan, what that basically means is your player runs round firing a continual laser beam from the top of his head, when that beam hits something the game knows is a solid object a hit is registered.

Thats why head glitching is possible your gun,body ect can all be hidden behind something but te part that actually fires is at the top.

Things like guns, bullets, bullet tracers ect are just animations added by the game to give the player a reference point there isnt any real bullets in the game. The only exception to this are projectiles like rpgs, nades. combat axes ect these do actually exist

kemicalsupreme

It is the lag comp whcih is the reason why I cannot see them. They appear and can see me before I see them. 

Ahh that is a different problem then.  I misread what you were saying.

Yeah it blows, but hopefully it will get tweaked to make it tolerable.  When people strafe into a headglitching spot it's even more annoying.  Like those barrels on the back alley of Drone.

kemicalsupreme

Maybe I am not explaing the problem correctly. 

I experience this all the time.  I just saw a video on youtube from the dude the rages all the time named Conquestador or something like that. 

People appear out of nowhere and one hit kill you constantly.  This happens to me all the time and its annoying.  This weekend was bad.  I had games where I barely went positive due to everyone doing this.  What doesnt help is that everyone that is a lower level is using SMG's to level up.  I am using guns that people do not use.  Balance is a huge issue.  What makes this game not fair is the other person seeing you before you see them.  Its one thing to be oblivious to your surrounding.  Its another where you are aware and someone moon walks right into your screen and kills you in one hit.  You never even had a chance.