46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 11:58 PM by biron_w RSS

Are there people out there who have no problems with this game?

BareMountain

Seems like everyone is moaning about this game, and in particular, Lag issues.

I have really fast internet and never have any problems at all, no matter what time of the day or night I am playing it. I never notice this 'Lag comp' everyone is harping on about. The game runs true.

As regards the game itself, I really struggled with it at first but now after changing my game style, I think it is the most rewarding CoD ever. It definitely rewards the more skillful players. After worrying about poorer players on my friends list getting similar scores I can say for fact that they havent. The excellent players remain excellent and crap ones crap  

Are there others players loving this game?

• Re: Are there people out there who have no problems with this game?
    Stumperud78

Good for you, you're able to play the game it's meant to be played. There are those who are lucky and have evaded all the gamebreaking issues, but the majority are having serious issues with the multiplayer aspect of the game, with lag, matchmaking and lag comp.

Those of us who are having serious issues with the aforementioned systems in multiplayer are starting to tire from the devs constantly ignoring us, and the fanboys defending the devs at all cost.

If it weren't for the horrible matchmaking, the lame P2P host system, host migration, horrible lag comp, we'd see a much better game, perhaps on dedicated servers.

Yeah yeah i know, some fanboy with a stick up his rear will claim that dedicated servers doesn't solve anything, well GTFO already and for once, show some proof that it doesn't change anything, at least when you're trying to discuss it with someone who's been a server admin for several years in COD4/BF2 who's never experienced any lag untill i started playing FPS on the console.

I just hope the next COD (Most likely on the Next Gen Xbox) comes out with a server browser (Where you can find servers based on your ping) and dedicated servers to boot. The whole P2P server hosting is the worst thing to ever be introduced into the FPS genre.

Until then, enjoy the game while your luck last. I'm done with FPS games on the console untill they provide us with proper server browsers in their games and dedicated servers (The way it's ment to be for FPS games). For now, FPS gaming on the computer seems more fun, and a lot more competitive/balanced due to rental/dedicated server hosting.

gdexter

Same here - no problems with lag or lag comp or anything else since launch.

It baffles the mind

deucedouglas

Not many problems here. I have my issues (No unlimited sprint, target finders, etc.) but the lag hasn't been any where near as terrible as it was for me in MW3. I still have some questionable deaths but they actually happen over a course of games rather than consecutively, over and over in the same game.

maccabi

apat from the odd bad game online when thres a bad host nope not really had any problem at all.

well unless you count people tend not to stand still so i can kill them as a problem

I have no problems at all with this game, i have decent internet and rarely encounter lag! I suppose im lucky to not be affected by all this "lag" that appears to be enraging everyone

simonm

get the occasional lag issues every now and then but nothing major thats its a concern , things have def improved since launch as has the matchmaking . when the game first released the amount of lagging johnny foreigners on 2 and 3 bars that were in the lobbies was crazy but that problem has since flattened out and only get it every now and then .

my biggest concern at the moment is the spawns . has to be the worst of all the cod franchise . people spawning in your line of sight or me in theres or even spawning straight into a hunter killer or lighting strike , thats all complete BS and needs to be sorted out ASAP !

BareMountain

After the first day of playing it, I decided I hated it, mainly because of the spawning, but I got used to it. I actually like the spawns now because you can more easily anticipate where the enemies are coming from and go to them. I know you mean spawning right in the thick of it which can be a bastard but I dont mind as I spawn ready with guns blazing and if Im lucky wont get killed by a lightening strike and instead come up behind a poor soul with a sniper who's concentrating only on whats in front of him lol

I have great internet with my Nat settings open, I usually get host and I don't have a chance to raise my gun before the other player has unloaded a clip into me! I started to think my reaction was decreasing due to my age but then I find out they give the host a handicap lol I agree this game is very fun to play but there are issues that need tending too!

Edit: This the only problem I see with the game thus far, excluding the fact that I lost my prestige, emblems, calling cards, and gold guns. I'm still waiting for a response via email to let me know what can be done. I lost everything after leaving system links into multiplayer I was back to level 1 no prestige and lost everything (except for my leader boards on capture the flag,and a few other game modes.) I wont even touch this game again unless it can be fix, I spent to much time to start over again, I'm a working man so starting over isn't a option! If you don't believe me go look at my gamertag iMaxPain, console is xbox.

This game played fine at launch, didn't really have any lag/lagcomp issues.

Since the updates and hotfixes it's got worse to the point that I am ready to trade it in as soon as I hit MP and unlock everything.

It is fun when it's working and it does have some very good ideas, but the lag issue is a deal breaker for me and it's just more frustrating that at launch it seemed to play fine.

If this was a new shooter franchise, I might be inclined to think it was an "OK" game.

But it's CoD, so it's hard to accept that it's not as good as older titles.   I have no issues with CoD4 or MW2, but I have a lot of issues with "insta-death" with BO2.  The rest of the game is fine, but until this is fixed it'll never be a great CoD. 

I hear it from random people while playing.   I even hear it from the people I kill if I am on the killing side of the insta kill.

If you do not play those games, BO2 probably appears to be fine.

BareMountain

I dont come across this much either, mate, but if its happening to you all the time then I feel for you. I agree it must be happening as I hear it all the time aswell, but sometimes people do make excuses in the lobbies.

And by the way I have been playing FPS's since they were first around. I have been a gamer since I was a kid the 80s. And as far as COD goes, I have played them all. The first titles on PC, and from WAW onwards, on xbox. I'm not a techy of any kind and not much interested in the technical jargon, but I am a solid veteran online gamer.

I not experiancing these problems and I assure you it has nothing to do with wether or not I have played other cods before, it is simply a truth that I have no lag/host,insta-death issues, and I am glad other people are saying so also  

pantie

whaatever dude ADMINS DONT DO ANYTHING FOR REAL! I HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING FOR THE PAST WEEK ON CASE#02458585 AND IT WAS AUTO CLOSED THIS TELLS ME THAT THE ACTIVISION/TREYARCDH TEAM CARES NOT FOR ITS CUSTOMERS

pantie

whaatever dude ADMINS DONT DO ANYTHING FOR REAL! I HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING FOR THE PAST WEEK ON CASE#02458585 AND IT WAS AUTO CLOSED THIS TELLS ME THAT THE ACTIVISION/TREYARCDH TEAM CARES NOT FOR ITS CUSTOMERS

pantie

nicedrewishfela

I won't lie and say I've had NO issues with the game. For the most part, it runs well for me and I am having a good degree of success.

I have had issues from time to time with bad lobbies. At times I will Red Bar, even with my strong Internet connection.

But I tend to enjoy the game more than the minor gripes I have from time to time. When I am not having fun, I put it away and do or play something else and then enjoy it again when I come back.

The reason people dislike alot of fps games is because they all have their own opinions and different play styles, and its rare to find someone who takes the blame and says "yeah i died because of my skill in the game" they will most likely try to find something to blame it on

scolia5044

No real issues with this game except a occasional booster

corb450

Count me on the no issue list.  Lag seems fine, guns seem fine, if I die it's my fault usually.  I get frustrated of course on hijacked when i spawn and get shot dead immediately but whatever.  The game is fine with me, I find if I keep a level head and play my style I'm pretty good and win a lot.  I enjoy it.

I am loving the game...although I do admit it has some issues...I just decide not to let them ruin the game for me. 

Restore_Hardcore

I usually only play HC and have had almost no issues from CoD 4 on in HC, now Core is a whole different story. I don't know what it is but when I play Core the game is super inconsistant. One minute I'm getting kills with just a few shots and the next I have to unload clips just to get the kill. It's not accuracy either cause I know I'm not a bad shot only half of the time. Same goes with dying in Core. Sometimes I die quickly, other times I can take a lot of bullet damage. In HC my gameplay is consistent. The game just plays so much better for me in HC and a lot in the HC community will tell you the same. I remember years ago being so frustrated in Core and I still remember the time I finally decided to play HC, "Holy crap", I thought, "I love this gamemode"! I personally think HC should be the standard in shooters. In Core the enemy is sometimes like Jason Vorhees or Michael Myers, they just don't die man! To all those who play Core and have issues, give HC a try! You have to give it some time to adjust but hopefully you find it rewarding. I used to play with a 7 mbps connection and moved up to 50 mbps and didn't notice any difference in lag. HC does experience lag sometimes but not anything like Core imo. Good luck either way, the HC community would love to welcome more gamers anytime!

kidmiestro

Biggest issue with this game...

Getting into a lobby where the other teams average k/d is .84 and getting beat by 50 points IN TDM because every single one of them during gameplay has a 2 or 1 bar while my team all have 4 bars making it next to impossible to kill them.

Pure awesomeness.

Suicidal_Hitman

I disagree Bare with you there. skill required to play this game sits at about 20%. With 80% being lag comp.

I can give you examples.

Played FFA on map Meltdown, won it easy with a 30/3 score. Next map was voted the same, same players different host, scored 9/15, full game.

Hosting is worse. Can be playing a game and winning comfortably 15/3 and 5 in front, host migration (which happens 3 times each game these days), I become host, I finish with 18/14, scoring 3/11 when host.

de4thag3l666

i have not major issues with the game and i have had it sence midnight release....ppl blame poor skill on lag or that somethings not working....the only problem that i have had with the game is that my theater wont upload rite now but that doesnt effect my game play

I have near no issues with Black Ops II, my only problems have been slight lag this weekend, but I expected that with the ~600,000 people that joined in for the x2 XP weekend. Apart from that, I love the gameplay, has been an absolute blast, and I think that it is one of the best Call of Duty's yet. I applaud Treyarch for their work, but I do realise others have issues with the game. I have none, so I'm happy, but even if others have problems, there is no need to make hundreds of threads every day, swearing at Treyarch because they came across some unexpected difficulties. I would happily bet you $1,000 that Treyarch didn't shove the Lag in for a bit of challenge. Chances are they're trying now to fix it, and it has gotten better.

Just my views on it all.

i dont have any problems playing and never had any problems on any other cod i have played cod since cod4 was on live and hear people every year say something about lag its always lag does anyone think it mite just be there not made for these games or u just dont want to face the truth someone can be better and faster than you and by the way all  my K/Ds are over 2.0 also used the same internet

biron_w

I have the odd game where I have problems but for the most part this game runs fine for me.

And since I switched to Hardcore it runs even better.

sqitso

There are problems which are to be expected in any online game, and there are tollerances. Lag is always an issue, but there is good and bad. If the lag is bad simply because you have horrible code. That is not exceptable. If it's just laggy because that's what happens sometimes. Don't complain. As far as this game goes. Lag is not unacceptable. People complain about lag all the time when it's not even the game that is the problem.

1. They have crappy internet, and don't even know it. Those stupid people who think that just because they pay for 40mbs internet that it actually means lag free. You can surf the internet great and download files fast.. but your ping and routing is crap. There are ISDN users out there that have better pings than these bandwidth whores.

2. People that have old hardware. Crappy 10 year old routers that cant keep up with all the activity of newer games. Buffer bloat scenarios. Your Netgear may have been great when Diablo 3 was out, but it sucks now and you need to get up with the times.

3. My favorite. WIRELESS USERS!!! Jesus Christ people.. no **** I was an Intel WiFi engineer for 2 years as one of my many jobs in the tech world. WiFi SUCKS! You can have the latest and greatest and it SUCKS. Yes, you can surf the web and watch movies, blah blah.. but WiFi is noisy, glitchy, crappy and just plain crap. There is no way to make WiFi not SUCK. You can make it suck less but it will always suck because there is TOO DAMN MUCH NOISE in the air.

I will say this.. I have played this game on the cleanest of fiber networks with my neighbor and his room mates less than a block away. There is no lag "built into" the game. The code is good. The problem is in everything else and there isn't much you can do about that.

Oh yea.. I will say that knifing sucks too

iivrruummii

I like to think that I have no problems that way I don't obsess over them and have them ruin my experience.

Yeah I've seen a few people switch to H/C I wonder why lol but yeah this game does have matchmaking and lag problems ! Doesn't happen EVER game but I've had my fair share of rubber banding ,ghost players and just being a whole second behind every player !