42 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 2:45 AM by greatsirkain2 RSS

why do players hate quickscopers

I see players don't like quickscopers but if a player just sit with a sniper they get called a camper. Snipers don't have the quick draw handle, but i do understand put in the right hands can be very deadly so instead of complaining about quck scoping why no just do it yourself. Why don't treyarch take aim assist, laser sight and dexterity that makes people good at quickscoping.

• Re: why do players hate quickscopers
    Adam1234567893

They hate quickscopers because it messes with their ability to camp when they see a sniper they expect you to pull out your secondary or die so they get pissed if someone outplays them using a skill that took someone a long time to perfect. On top of that they can't quickscope themselves so they go on these forums and lie and cry until they ruin this game for everyone else by getting their way. Right now people who complain about quickscoping don't have an excuse anymore of how it's an exploit because aim assist was taken off the snipers so now they are doing the next best thing and calling them "overpowered" so basically they are lying to get their way yet again because they are garbage players.

iivrruummii

Agree.

Stumperud78

Adam1234567893 wrote:

They hate quickscopers because it messes with their ability to camp when they see a sniper they expect you to pull out your secondary or die so they get pissed if someone outplays them using a skill that took someone a long time to perfect. On top of that they can't quickscope themselves so they go on these forums and lie and cry until they ruin this game for everyone else by getting their way. Right now people who complain about quickscoping don't have an excuse anymore of how it's an exploit because aim assist was taken off the snipers so now they are doing the next best thing and calling them "overpowered" so basically they are lying to get their way yet again because they are garbage players.

*Yawn*

Same old excuse, trying to justify quick-scoping. It never gets old.

The reason most of us hate quick-scopers in objective games is because they don't do s*** when it comes to playing the objective. They avoid the objectives at all cost so they can focus on quick-scoping rather than playing the objectives. Some suck at it, some are decent, but they all do the same, run around the objectives and camp a spot to do their quick-scoping crap.

Overpowered? Yeah, when you can take out multiple targets in CQC with a sniper rifle in fast succession, it is, but that's not the most annoying part, the most annoying part is what i mentioned above.

Garbage players? So i'm a garbage player for wanting these quick-scoping kids to do the objective and help their team? The only one's that are garbage are the quick-scoping kids who avoid the objectives at all cost.

sqitso

There is an element of bullsh!t to quick scoping that is why. I served with snipers in the army and I myself am "not bragging" an excellent shot with all varieties fo scopes with military and hunting backgrounds. Some fixed scopes like an Acog or a nice fixed 4 power Leapold you can raise to your eye very quick. If the eye relief is good, you can fire very quickly. However as any seasoned hunter or service man will tell you.. if your magnification is up and you attempt a close range shot, you will not be able to see your target. That is why hunters and snipers back their magnification down to 3 or 4 when on the move. Quick scoping in game is pretty much a bs "trick". Many people have different ways of using it. Some place an actual physical mark on their screen so they know where center is. Some are just really good at timing. The trick is to pull the trigger when the character animation completes his ADS, but before the scope animation completes it's render. That way you get the ADS acuracy without waiting for the scope to harden.

Honestly.. I will admit.. if you can quick scope it's not the easiet "trick" to learn.. but once you learn it, thats all it is.. just a trick. It's not realistic by any means and pisses a lot of people off because the majorty know it's BS. They think it terms of how it would really go down. You rush a room with a full auto AK.. the sniper raises his gun, and can't see crap at that close quarters and dies. Yet in this game.. the sniper can win.

It's a game and whatever. Quickscoping is one of those things that I personally think is stupid. I think when you raise rifle to your shoulder with anything other than iron sites or an acog.. the eye relief and magnification should play a crucial part. It should take a second to aquire your target and make a good kill. Quick scoping should count as hip fire accuracy.

Again.. just an opinion. It's a game and the devs can do what they want.

Adam1234567893

Ok I get what you are trying to say but this isn't a simulation it's an Arcade Military First Person Shooter meaning there is going to be very little realism in this game if you want realism play Arma 2 or Battlefield 3 if you want to kick ass with style without the boundaries of realism play Call of Duty.

iivrruummii

So this trick can be compared to "Halo jumping" and to "Dropshotting?"

There is Quickscoping in Halo, Battlefield, even Counter Strike.  Why is this game the only game that people complain about constantly?  Because people don't like to get out-played a sniper.  Sniping in a video game is more about precision and accuracy than any other weapon, and has dyer consequences if you miss.  So what if they go into scope for a slit-second and kill you, it just proves that player is precise and accurate.  You can do quickscope with any weapon in the game in HC so why don't people complain about that?  You can quickscope with a Pistol and a SMG.  This complaining about what a "SNIPER" should be is complete bogus because this a video game it is not meant to mimic reality to every last single detail, otherwise a snipers would sit in one spot for 24 hours and kill 5 people max.

parnezzi

halo is only a 1 shot kill to the head not torso, battlefield again its headshot only for OHK and even then the guns suffer from things such as bullet drop, and suppression effect that won't allow the bullet to go straight. and counterstrike is a 12 year old outdated PoS.

CoD is the only game that has snipers with BS aim assist, and the only game with multiple snipers that OHK in places other than the head.

and to be perfectly honestly quickscoping in this game is even easier than all the Modern warfare series especially now since they took out the ADS delay

SitRepPro

Quickscoping isn't that effective in Battlefield than it is in COD.  Yeah it can be done but you won't get your epicz FaZe YT montage from playing BF3 like you would in COD.  And I'd just kill them with jets anyway or run them over with a tank.

iivrruummii

People think it takes no skill because it is a OHK.  It is much harder now.  No Aim Assist, like people wanted.  Slower draw time.  Slower movement speeds.  I mean if people keep on asking for nerfs then snipers will become more useless than there were in BO.

parnezzi

snipers weren't useless in BO1 they were perfectly fine and especially with the maps you had to actually use the snipers like they were meant for, not running around full retard. there wasn't any perks that allowed you to aim in less than half a sec and abuse the ADS snap and aim assist

Stumperud78

iivrruummii wrote:

People think it takes no skill because it is a OHK.  It is much harder now.  No Aim Assist, like people wanted.  Slower draw time.  Slower movement speeds.  I mean if people keep on asking for nerfs then snipers will become more useless than there were in BO.

Snipers won't become more useless, the quick-scopers will become more useless. Give the snipers an even longer ADS time and there won't be any quick-scopers left, cause they'll have gone back to MW2/MW3. Which to be honest, would be the best thing to happen to this game.

In BO1, snipers were better, cause you actually had to full-scope to use them properly.

A game without quick-scopers is a good game. This game however, caters for the  kids in a way i've never seen in any other game that has an 18+ PEGI sticker on it.

I'd say it's time they started to cater for the grown ups a bit more (Last time i checked, it does say 18+ on the cover!). Snipers are meant to be used as long-range tactical weapons, and there's nothing tactical about bunnyjumping/doing 360 spins and quick-scoping during an objective game whatsoever.

rdnsnow

It's stupid because they are in a way taking advantage of the fact that sniper rifles have the longest range that auto aim wil account for. It's all about the auto aim assist. All you have to do is pull the scope up, get the xhairs close and the game will do the rest. Sorry qscopers it's the truth.

Adam1234567893

Ok show me a video of you going 50-0 if quickscoping is so "easy" if it is such an exploit of aim assist I want to see you doing nothing but block shotting without your scope being on them. Then and only then I will believe it's an exploit. Seriously quickscoping is not a cheat or exploit let alone "overpowered".

NoLifeKing29

In BO2 you dont even have to hit the guy to kill him when QSing, thats the source of the legit angst. They don't bother me at all in HC because they don't exist. Sure there are guys that walk around with an SVU but they aren't very successful once my team figures out what they are doing. We just stay out of the sniper lanes and destroy them. I dipped into Nuketown this weeked just for kicks and yeah there are a lot of QSers in there, they killed me and I killed them, I didnt get mad though, there are plenty of other problems with core. I wish they would have a HC Nuketown moshpit, it would play so much better. The snipers would pretty much stay in their sniper lanes and the rewards for playing intelligently would be more defined.

total explot, it's like people getting out of the map on MW3, it is not a legit tactic

It's like my gran says 'cheaty comes to beaty'...Not entirely sure what she means when she says it but I'm pretty sure it applies here.

Yes it's a game but did anyone actully go to a range and shoot the guns they put in the game from treyarch. I have only shot one rifle a few times 300 win mag and there is no way you could quick scope it with the recoil.

quick scoping just is what it is.  yes, its annoying, but it certainly isnt new to a COD game.  it is frustrating at times when i walk out for two seconds and immedately get shot and killed without even having a chance to get a shot off.  now when i see the replay and the person is genuinely sniping and gets me, thats fine, thats great and part of the game.  but when i watch the replay and watch the person click their scope pull their trigger, and i am dead before the scope is raised to their face.  annoying as hell. but honestly its all part of the game.  same as remington shotgun users and people who dominate with pistols.  the game is still a good game and is the best FPS out there right now.  ******** gets you no where, and please, stop rage quitting and sending me hate mail all the time

sqitso

Quickscoping is not an impossibility by any means.. Even if we where to talk realistically it is possible for a sniper to throw a gun up and pull an amazing shot at close range or long distance.. I have done both in hunting everything from 10 yards to 460 paces "Had to pace it" on a running buck. In the army I saw a sniper take a fairly quick shot on a courier at about 600 yards.. I say quick because he only aimed for about 1.5 seconds before shooting.. taking into acount the lead, doping the win and the elevation up the mountain 1.5 seconds was pretty damn fast.. but it is NOT something that one can do repeatidly over and over.

We have a saying in the hunting world. Making impossible shots makes you look awesome. If you make the shot people worship you.. if you miss.. you didn't lose anything because everyone thought you where going to miss anyway.

gallp13

I think Adam is essentially right.

Real QSers are few and far between as it takes practice. I can't QS, practiced for a day once in BO bot land and know the moves but it takes a lot or practice to become proficient.

I see plenty trying to QS. If they get a kill its often dumb luck. I rarely see a real QS in the wild.

I played against an entire QS party in MW2 on terminal in a pub Dom game once.

A bunch of ARs v QSs and all could really play well. What a great game, the ARs won.....just.......but the QSers punished the hell out of you if you weren't playing at your best.

It  was one of the best games I have ever played...sent a Thankyou note to all participants. Most have became friends and remain so until today.

Yep gallp's world is full of rainbows and good wine...

DockerBoy

Because they are talentless cheats.

Because they never play the objectives.

Because Treyarch said it wouldn't be possible in this game.

Because it requires no skill whatsoever.

Because fair players want to play with other fair players who use weapons the way they were intended.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

DockerBoy wrote:

Because they are talentless cheats.

Because they never play the objectives.

Because Treyarch said it wouldn't be possible in this game.

Because it requires no skill whatsoever.

Because fair players want to play with other fair players who use weapons the way they were intended.

Please post a link where Treyarch said it would not be possible on this game.

deamonomic

part of the reason is kill cams and theater being broken.

People hate Kidscopers because they ruin objective game types and they detract from the realism of weapon performance within the game.

If Shotties one hit killed accross the map, then everyone would be hating those too.