34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 10:27 AM by Err0r_6_Is_Back1_LOL RSS

Where We at on the Awareness Patch???

blackOPSpoo

It's still pointless.  My Tritton Pros are still rendered useless.  Despite supercrunch and dead silence, I still hear nothing unless there is NO ambient sound and someone is running five feet away from me.  And even then it's just a faint, nondescript, petite feet, twinkle of a sound.

It's ironic that they're selling high end BO2 logo gaming headsets. 

http://www.jinx.com/p/call_of_duty_black_ops_ii_turtle_beach_sierra_gaming_heads et.html?catid=&s=callofduty

It's virtually impossible to play-by-ear in this game with any consistency.  Wonder what Turtle Beach thinks about enemy sounds in BO2...

Fix it, patch it, buff it now!   Whatever you need to do, because you're killing a big part of the game, for a lot of people, here folks...

• Re: Where We at on the Awareness Patch???

it's like everyone is wearing slippers this time around, i know

I was using it fine on hardcore but even then you have to have dead silence also but on core it is blah.

patch?? haha like treyarch knows wht that is

Pharaohe

Learn to adapt, i hear people walking around the map fine!

Ofcourse not as loudly as sitrep pro bullshit in mw3, but still no one is going to sneak up on me, ambiant sounds or not.

Just because it's harder doesn't mean it needs to be fixed. Awareness is perfect the way it is now.

PS. I have an astro A40

th3_forsaken_79

Thats why LOL i also see no problem i just got a50

im not saying its a problem i dont even notice the diference unless your playin snd, i play dom so all i hear is peoples guns and explosion, i just think its funny how people want the game to be exactly like the other

blackOPSpoo

No, you do not "hear people walking around the map fine".  You simply do not...

Anybody who says they can hear footsteps just fine in this game is, of course, only saying that because they don't want this fixed.  They've gotten destroyed by people playing by ear in the past because they don't have the ears to use sound to their advantage, or the patience to figure it out themselves.

Anybody who says they can hear footsteps in this game does not rely, in part, on sound to identify enemies.  Period.  That is a completely obvious fact. 

I have been flanked 100's of times in situations I shouldn't have in BO2. 

You think MW3 was too much on the loud side?  Fine, I agree.  But there is a medium, especially when taking up a perk slot that should increase the sound.   It does not...  And again if you think it does, there is no question you are only saying that because you don't like getting destroyed by players using sound to their advantage

And btw, I played this game for about 3-4 hours not long ago with some A40's and there is NO difference.  None.  The sounds are not there no matter what headset you use. 

I have well over 100 days of play on this engine since MW1.  Sound has always been a part of the game.  I realize TA is trying to give n00bs a chance to catch up to vets by taking away elements of the game that have been there in the past, but that is not what this is.  It was a early flaw in BO that was eventually patched, and it is clearly a mistake that needs to be patched in BO2 this time around...

ChestSplittah

I would like to know this also.

black92ice

Please PLEASE  fix . I need my peripheral vision back.

HateYouAll

Sorry, my bad.

http://www.psu.com/a008452/media/articles/image/SolidSnake1.jpg

I use awareness and dead silence together (I dont know if that a good idea?) but I have been experimenting with this combination and what I found out that awareness on some game modes and maps work fully, but then on some other game modes it hardly works at all. for example, domination, i can hear the enemy footsteps clearly and I know exactly which direction they are coming from even if they are some distance away from me. then I try on free for all cuz thats my favorite gametype, and I can hardly hear them at all. it seems like awareness doesnt work with dead silence in free for all which I find is stupid since it works with domination and other game modes. I find this annoying since I cant use my personal class setup on every game mode.

can someone please respond to this as I would like to find our if Treyarch has done this on purpose or if its a bug that can be fixed for future updates!

P.s I use turtle beach DPX21 gaming headset

black92ice

bump still not fixed or is going to be

deamonomic

HELL NO. its perfect as it is. They did the same thing back in MW3 buffing that blasted perk. and you know what happened? I could hear your ass spawn if you werent crouch walking. I WILL NOT have BO 2 become that.

The perk works fine. It allows you to sound whore them, but you cant do so from a mile away. Add into the fact of ingame noise and you have a balanced perk unlike the crap MW3 put out.

black92ice

im guessing you dont have  500$ worth in audio equipment and ya mw3 FFA sitrep is overpowered but awareness needs to be buffed a bit

deamonomic

black92ice wrote:

im guessing you dont have  500$ worth in audio equipment and ya mw3 FFA sitrep is overpowered but awareness needs to be buffed a bit

Actually I have $350 worth in audio equip Astros. I never said I cant use or hear with my headset. Infact I can do so just fine. Which is why I said it doesnt need a buff. and you think it was only OP in FFA? it was OP in ALL game modes.

as I said, in MW3, if you were playing against me while I am using Sit rep pro, and you are not crouch walking, you will die. Repeatedly. Doesnt matter what game mode, the game mode doesnt affect my hearing in the slightest.

I dun need Awareness cuz I know where you n00bs rush from all the time!

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g381/Google-Images/Internet%20Memes/LOL-Face-Meme.png

libertyloudspeaker

Twitter David V, Activision Support and Treyarch...usually only Activision Support respond but this will help them know this is not just a few isolated complaints.  I have been asked for the Awareness Perk to be improved for some time now and test with and without Awareness in a private game...same location test.  No difference with Awareness selected as a perk.  Right now Awareness is worthless and I wonder why they even put it in the game!

blackOPSpoo

Completely agree!  I've experimented with it myself.  I'm almost to the point where I'm convinced that when you use it with dead silence it actually makes enemy quieter. 

This is literally my least favorite part of this game.  Awareness needs to be fixed or buffed, and it needs to happen now...

ChestSplittah

Awareness and such perks are for tactical players. Way about this game seems to require some for of skil and thought process?

blackOPSpoo

I'm truly convinced that adding Awareness to Dead Silence actually makes footsteps softer than just running Dead Silence alone.  Try it out, see if you agree.

In any case, it's still a pointless perk that should do what it says it does.

1.06 and still no fix to this...  Unbelievable...

like2nap03

Bumping this.  Game has built in Dead Silence rendering that perk useless.  Footsteps are already mostly silent and Dead Silence doesn't cancel out noise the player makes when climbing over something or jumping down from somewhere.  No point in having it.

Awareness only seems to make movement noises louder but not the footsteps.  At least not on most maps.  You can hear them on Aftermath but I can't hear a thing on Metldown.  Weird.  Movement noise (as I'm calling it) seems better with that perk.  You can hear someone jump in the train on express (the train creaks) for example, but not their footsteps until they're 2 steps behind you and knifing you in the back.  Needs a buff.

Edit: It's Express.  Not transit. 

Hot-Wire

Maybe awareness should pick up people who are sprinting "near" you and put them on your minimap, unless they run dead silence.

There's a video posted awhile back comparing all the aspects of awareness and dead silence is what not. Now normally I go find the video and post it here but I'll be honest I don't really care to. Anyway, at the time that video was made dead silence with awareness did not in any way make enemy footsteps softer. There have been a couple patches since so maybe there is a glitch with it now, I don't know because I don't use either.

That being said while I have never come on here and asked for a gun,perk,killstreak or whatever to be buffed or nerfed I will admit the sound in this game does need a buff. Not to the sit rep extent even though yes I used the hell out of sit rep, but a buff even still. This game you never see people running with dead silence. Yea you might run into 1 or 2 every now and then but for the most part it's dexterity, tac mask, engineer. There is a reason no one uses it and it's because you don't need to. There are some points on some maps that amplify noise like on Yemen the metal walkway makes it easy to hear you coming but for the most part your already silent.

So yea I'd like to see a buff to the sound of the game itself which I think in turn would fix the awareness issue, but it it stays the way it is then no big deal to me. And I use Turtle Beach PX5 just so you know I have a headset built to sound whore.

like2nap03

Agreed.  Sitrep pro was too much.  I don't want that back.  Though I too admit I used it like crazy.  See enemy equipment AND makes footsteps louder = OP perk.  (IW balancing for ya)  The bridge on Yemen is a great example.  You won't hear them walking toward it, but you can hear them walking on it but only because the bridge creaks and vibrates with every step.  You hear the bridge making noise because of the extra weight, but you don't hear the actual footsteps.  Same thing with the train on Express that I mentioned.  You can hear it creak when someone climbs on it or jumps on it, but you don't actually hear the footsteps.  Dead silence is built in.  Footsteps are already barely audible.  It doesn't cancel out this movement noise so it is a useless perk.  And that's not even an opinion.  It's a fact.  There's no point in having it.  Awareness makes some of these movement noises louder (or seems to) but you can hear those anyway.  What you can't hear is the footsteps except for on certain spots on certain maps.  Like Aftermath. You can hear people running around pretty well on that map.  I don't know why that one is such a night and day difference from others like Meltdown where I can't hear a thing.

like2nap03

I'd rather they just made the footsteps louder overall.  Can't hear them at all without Awareness most of the time.  Even with Awareness it's hit or miss on most maps.  Usually a miss.  They need to be louder overall.  It's funny that you can hear your teammates so well but not the enemy.  Doesn't make since.  Also footsteps are this low because Von thought they were too loud in BO1.  The decision was based on his "personal opinion only".  He's not the customer.  It's Call of Duty.  Not Call of the Ninja.  They just need to be louder.

no their fine, i have to have awareness on every class, or i feel naked.. it has gotten me sooo many kills,a nd has kept me from getting killed so ooo many times.. i dont want everyone using this perk, and so far no one really is which is good for me

yes at some points i cant hear anything either, but id rather have it this way then making everything louder and have everyone and their mom using it

kylet345

You do recognize Dead Silence makes it so that you don't do those tactical call outs right?

Astro a40s help a lot expensive but definatly worth the money if you get the mix amp pro with it

BuddyVA

I used awareness for a lil bit last night and it was good. I can here the enemy walking around with no problem. I have turtlebeaches p11.

HaitianCreation

Looks like this is an old thread but heres my opinion, the sounds in this game are good, I have my sound setting on supercrunch and i have the original Sony PS3 headset, I get kills from hearing people constantly, yesterday we were messign around in a private match on standoff, I was standing in the middle house trying to sound whore and I heard somebody run gas station to the building by C, I can't imagine playing without this headset.