14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 10:51 AM by RatedM RSS

what happened to this game!?

Ever since 2xp kicked in, i havent been able to get a decent game in... everyone is seemingly a second ahead of me.. its 20 hitmarkers then instadeath.. or my personal favorite, a ksg slug to the head at 3" for hitmarker!

the game had been decent on the lag front for someone like me that has gotten the shaft since bo1... but in my frustration after seeing host migration 4/5 times i get mad enough to quit.. i decide to put an end to that..

ports get closed.. nat goes to moderate.. UL gets capped at 500kbps.... i think that will eliminate one issue at least..

WRONG! still pulling host.... now with every person bragging about how awesome their internet is... how exactly is my severely throttled 20/1 cable connection the best out of 16 people time and time again??

the system is flat out broken... after so many years, even moron 12yr olds know how to exploit COD's listen server setup... people that have no issue are extremely lucky, or they are the ones that have figured out how to get an advantage out of it..

because every person in our clan is experiencing the same damn thing...

• Re: what happened to this game!?
    filthy3627

Don't feel bad bro, since yesterday's TU I am 2 or 3 barring with a 25/5 and can't kill anything unless I get lucky. I am on the opposite somehow of everyone who likes this update. For me, the game was great at launch and now gets worse with every patch, unlike those who had trouble at launch and the patches are helping. I just don't understand why they can't get it right.

im used to it... but whats amazing me is a moderate connection with a half meg upload being picked as host... either selecting best matches me with horrible horrible connections...

or im not screwing with my connection as much as the other 15 players... which is far more likely... im in canada and dont know of a single person that uses or a company that provides 56k

seeing the amount of lag switches sold on ebay is a concern as well.. a little research on how they work and are used seem shockingly similar to what i see and makes me paranoid lol

filthy3627

Yea I've only been lag switched once so far on this game (knock on wood) however i have caught and reported about 15-20 boosters and saved some of the gameplays for proof. Something really catchy about the amount of cheating these kids are doing, seems like cheating to get your name on a leaderboard that means nothing in the realm of life has become the trendy thing to do! I think stats should be available only to the player that earns them, then maybe the low-life's would go back into the woodworks and the game would be more enjoyable.

Syndicatekiller

Same here bro,before the update the game was ok,like I was getting into good as well as bad lobbies,but now I cannot even find a match,and when I do I am always some milliseconds behind other players and get hitdetection problems,I don't know how most people are saying their lag is gone after the update.

myevo8you

Last night around 1 AM (est) there were still over 720,000 people online. Before 2x xp it was around 220,000. The increase flow through the servers along with all the varying connections is the likely culprit. I usually play between 10PM and 5 AM (est) and the issues seem to be a WHOLE lot less. Through 2x xp I will randomly play a half hour or so here or there throughout the day and it is WAY WORSE between 10 am and 5 pm.

filthy3627

Yea I live in Virginia and I have to play when I wake up in the morning before work or late night after all the kiddies go to bed in order to be connected well enough to have fun with this game.

When I was on last night it was 330,000 or so and it wasn't as bad as it was earlier. Earlier that day I couldn't hit anything or I was so tired and fustrated I couldn't concentrate.

myevo8you wrote:

Last night around 1 AM (est) there were still over 720,000 people online. Before 2x xp it was around 220,000. The increase flow through the servers along with all the varying connections is the likely culprit. I usually play between 10PM and 5 AM (est) and the issues seem to be a WHOLE lot less. Through 2x xp I will randomly play a half hour or so here or there throughout the day and it is WAY WORSE between 10 am and 5 pm.

but that is the exact opposite of how and why the listen server setup is used... the more players, the better!! not worse...

the other logical explanation is peak times brings more of the people screwing with their connections..

i see it constantly... instant host migrations, the game freezing the second you run into a certain player etc.. it all points to a lag switch and players more concerned with hitting a button with their foot then with their fingers..

if you've been around gaming long enough and seen the rise in cheap no-life people looking for an edge.. i dont see how you would even be surprised let alone deny it even exists... look on ebay and see how many have been sold... read the feedback if you want more....

it works, especially when not hosting.... read up

the only possible way for it to go away along with every other connection based exploit.... is stop influencing peoples connections! let the person with the fat pipe host games for 5 hours straight because he has a slight edge and doesnt want to leave... at least the other players get a level playing field...

when people strive for the perfect connection... we all benefit... there is NO WAY to fake a low latency... its why the problem never existed before..

now people think bad is good... even if they are wrong, simply trying it breaks the game for everyone else... we cant rely on the honor system! lol

wash0ut

I'm in your boat. I see people comin on uav and wait for them to come around the corner to pepper them wirth bullets. After the 1st 3 or 4 bullets from my fal are out I instantly die. Kill cam shows I got one bullet off. Feels like 1 out of 3 well aimed bullets hits the target.

Have had ups and downs since game came out.  It has probably been 60% bad 40% good side of lag. but since update I would say 90% bad 10% good and that 10% good was one lobby I found yesterday and stayed in for an hour or so.

This is how bo1 started for me tho and eventually, from my point of view, they got it right. I am holding out hope that at some point I will feel like I am consistently on even footing with other players

filthy3627

I know right, seems like I always get killed when I KNOW someone is coming and i am ads'd ready for them! My reaction time is good and I always get the first few shots off (on my screen that is) a couple markers and I die. I would actually like to just die than the game give me false hope that I actually shot them!! HAHA

FalconR6

Speaking very simplistic for every person that is behind lag, there is a person in front. For the majority (whether behind or in front) is no fault of any gamer. Of course there will be the few who try to manipulate the system. But, any time matchmaking / netcode is altered there will be winners and losers. I have to believe that 3arc are trying to make a level playing field. Put it this way - if they had the magic bullet to end lag they would use it. From what I've read your personal connection speed is almost irrelevant. Some gamers with 100 Mbps complain bitterly and some say they have no problem (host or not). For me, I put the game away a month ago because I felt my outcomes were based more on connection than gameplay : started up a couple of nights ago and think that I'm a little behind, but more consistent. I'm no tech head, but trottling your own connection would probably do you more harm than good and not worth the aggregation. I think you used a good term near the end of your post :: lucky. My guess is it has a lot to do with player density relative to you. If playing different playlists doesn't help, find something else to enjoy until your lag luck changes.

djtn

Lag is an issue, always has been with COD games. Keep in mind that they tweaked guns in this update too. More people playing could also contribute to quality degradation in match making.

Everytime there is a big TU drop and/or a double XP weekend (high player numbers) the online experience is more liable to get bent out of shape, more so for those already experiencing problems. An IW dev mentioned this when explaining TU propagation back during MW3,