1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 3:00 PM by greatsirkain2 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    hudder92

That explains a lot. I am doing the KSG challenges as well and I'll have my red dot lined up dead square on their back from five feet away on a stationary target and miss only to have them turn around and kill me. I had a kill kill cam where I pumped three rounds into someones back and didn't get a single hit marker, but the fourth shot killed them. It was embarrasing to have that in the final kill cam of the match. But you can see in the final kill cam that all shots were square on the enemy. This happens all the time to me.

• 41. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    Nubdub

Is it possible, the hosts that seem to be at a disadvantage could be recording theater, while the host's that claim God mode when hosting are not recording? I have heard that the game stops recording (or will not record at all) theater when the host is weak and cannot handle the recording process. I would venture to say this may well have everything to do with it. 

The connections the game considers strong are being forced to record the entire time putting strain on the host xbox processor causing the on screen delay while the weak host that are not recording are not experiencing the delay because the additional strain on the processor is not present.

The fact that sometimes we only see half a game recorded in theater even though no host migration occurs could also explain why the quality of games seem to change during the middle of the round. (less drag when theater recording stops). I think removing recording completely, or at least allowing the option to turn it off would greatly reduce the complaints about host disadvantage. Turning off theater would most likely make the experience of all players (not just host) better because when host CPU is maxed out packets are not being sent and received properly to and from the host which surely creates a bad experience for all lobby members.

• 42. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    danielbondnz

Hosting is a huge advantage in BO2, bordering on unfair. If you dont agree your simply wrong!

They need to make it so you cant tell if you are host, its the only way they are going to stop these mind over matter posts, that hurt the game by leading dumb people to believe they are getting killed by thier host disadvantage, when infact its thier lack of skill.

They could give hosts a 2 second advantage, and still you would have people blaming every death on ''Host Disadvantage''.

Seriously. Im so sick of these Host posts.

• 43. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    Nubdub

Read the last post before yours. This explains why you may not experience the same results as others when hosting. 

Being closed minded is a weakness not a strength.

• 44. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    danielbondnz

Nubdub wrote:

Read the last post before yours. This explains why you may not experience the same results as others when hosting. 

Being closed minded is a weakness not a strength.

I just read it, im not sure if I have this right, but are you saying the reason I feel good hosting is because theatre may not be recording??? Im not sure if thats what you meant, but if it is thats not the case, cause theatre always gets all of my games when im host.

• 45. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    Nubdub

Proof? Why would you even respond to a post about people having an issue if you were not having one yourself? Did you in anyway try to help solve the problem by saying it does not exist? Why not just go about your business and play the game that is working so great for you?

• 46. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    danielbondnz

I can say with absoulte certainty that theatre records when im host, because I play lots of FFA, and I love to watch my game plays, I watch as much theatre as I play, and thats the truth.

And to answer why I commented instead of not, well I think the Host disadvantage topic is harmful in a title that clearly has an already massive host advantage. Thousands of people being wrongly told when they host they are at a disadvantage, when infact they are not, leads to potentially thousands of people who nerf their connection speeds ect and other unwanted outcomes for the game. Thats why I put my two cents in.

• 47. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    Nubdub

Do you even know what closed minded means?

• 48. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !
    Ss78_

It could have something to do with recordings but it could also be as simple as average ping connections that host don't notice the difference. If you're used to cheap vodka you don't know what good vodka tastes like, choose whatever drink you prefer there.

It also doesn't help when hosts keep backing out. In older cods you'd stay in the lobby for a few games, now people that have host problems finish the game and lobby hop so they don't get host which in turn reduces the chances of adding better/closer players to the current pot too.

Why did mw3 have the option to turn it off and this game doesn't? Did they think they fixed it?

• 49. Re: If you want hosts to complete the game, stop putting them at a disadvantage !

Totally agree with OP (except for the 'tryhardarch' comment? lol) but lots of people don't seems to suffer. I think if you have an amazing connection hosting is terrible but that's probably something to do with them trying to balance it fairly.

I enjoy going 1 and 10 then leaving the game, watching the host migration then hopping back into the same game from recent players and making a spectacular come back ending in at least a 2 K/D

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next