34 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 1:11 PM by CODNoob12 RSS

Does anyone else feel like they're getting matched with bad players?

roxas3510

I don't really see anything on this forum, but I don't think I'm the only one who has this issue. Every time I get on this game, unless I'm playing with a FULL party, the players on my team are really bad and the players on the other team are really good. People usually say it's because they're in a full party, but I've asked lots of people after matches where my team gets dominated if they're in a party and sometimes they say they're playing alone. So what this tells me is an entire team is being filled with great players (except for maybe 1 or 2 SOMETIMES) while my team is filled with all bad players.

At the end of a match, we lose, of course, and my score is around 30-8 something similar to that (ground war, headquarters, hardpoint) while the teammates on my team are 6-20, 9-28, 2-12, 7-39. The ocassional 13-20 is there, but not often. The other team however will have players going 20-7, 22-9, 30-12, stuff like that. How am I supposed to have any type of chance of winning with odds like that? I know K/D isn't everything, but these people don't even play the objective. I find myself being the only one attempting to take the headquarter (maybe one other guy) while everyone else is doing their own thing. Once the other team clears us from the area, AT LEAST 3-4 of them are taking it while the remaining teammates are covering them.

I thought this game was supposed to be based around "Skill based matchmaking". How are these players on my skill level? I never get scores that bad, and I always try to get the objective. Why don't I get teammates that do the same? I just want to know if I'm the only person who experiences this because I feel as thought the developers don't answer my questions about the problem because not many people know about it. It seems as if everyone just accepts the way this game's so called "skill based matchmaking" works. With headquarters games ending 0-250, I have absolutely no idea how people find that to be a product of something that's supposed to match players together based on their skill level.

• Re: Does anyone else feel like they're getting matched with bad players?
    gallp13

Not really. Jus get matched with folks in my region.

nicedrewishfela

I do think the "skill based" matchmaking needs to go.

In theory its an interesting idea, but in reality random matchmaking is better.

My friends and I definitely see a difference when we vary the party lead. If we let our worst player host, we seem to stomp on teams pretty badly. If one of our higher K/D, SPM guys (One of them happens to be me this time around, go figure) hosts, we get put against tougher competition.

I think Random lobbies based on location and ping are  a wiser choice. You get more variety. Some intense matches, some blowouts... This Skill based thing doesn't do much for me.

Been lucky to have a lot of incredible matches in this game, but wouldn't mind the change.

The game thinks that you are such a good player and you can carry a whole team of randoms vs a full party of elite pro mlgs.

offthewall2

Yeah, I'm always complaining about my team. Most of the time my team just posts up waiting for people to run into the open, 99% of the time they are using a TF. Cover fire  does not win games, it's all about putting your life on the line until victory. It's funny though, sometimes I'll go 10-0 capture killing people on B by myself and my teammates are just looking through a window somewhere lol.

Yes! I mean, I'm not awesome at COD but I end up at the top of my teams leaderboard but we always lose, no matter what game type.

H82LOSE

Haha just like me, always put with players who are too busy hard scoping to notice there's an enemy right next to them lol as soon as we start losing even if by 20 points half the team leaves lol don't know why they even bother jumping in the game in the first place.

Everytime I play solo I feel Treyarch has some vendetta against me and always matches up the worst players in the lobby on my team and the best on the other team, regardless of parties.

roxas3510

At least I'm not the only one who is affect this way. I don't understand what was wrong with randomly finding players. Sometimes you got a good team, sometimes you didn't. Now it's like you'll always have a bad team because they assume you should be good enough to carry the bad players to the win, which doesn't work out in a game like CoD. I liked it better in MW2 when I get on and most of the people are usually around my level (no level 23 non prestiges who just bought the game) and sometimes the games are close. That NEVER happens on this game unless I'm playing with an entire team.

Rednecksniper39

Nope. I'm just better then everyone.

This thread's a bit old but I'd like to share today's lunchtime league matchup... It was me (13th ranked bronze), 4 other lower ranked bronze guys and an unranked player VS. a team of 6 Master level players.  Of course we lost 22-75.  I STILL lost 90 points in the standings.  This isn't the first time it's happened.  I get a matchup like that, say, twice every 4 hours.  It's stupid.  Why even rank the players?  Was my winning streak of 1 too much for Treyarch to handle and they had to burst my balloon?

Pretty frustrating to say the least.  Then there's the lag issue...

Thanks Treyarch, enjoy our cash!

JSlayer211

I'm curious, but what was your kill/death total? Everyone knows that SBMM is broken as all hell. I gave up on SBMM a LONG time ago and refuse to put trust in the randoms. You will be doomed to get those guys going 1-20 shooting the sky or ground in circles, or that awesome guy that goes perma-AFK because he has to go finish cooking a 7 course meal. There should still be an inactivity monitor after the initial class pick, spawn 2 times w/o movement and get kicked. Period. Had a LP match the other day, guy went 1-21, quite possibly the worst I have ever seen. If I can't get a party then I just don't want to play LP. Atleast pubs when you see that guy you can just quit out w/o consequences and let them continue to troll the lobby.

vims1990

Simple reason....the player numbers in league play is too low to match you up with players of similar rank and "skill"

The skill based matchmaking system does take in account which region you're in as well so let's say it's taking a while to get you into a lobby, it could be merging you into a lobby with random ranks. i.e high ranked players

Im curious is it you whos bad or they

roxas3510

I currently have a 2.18 k/d, 412 SPM. The people who usually end up on my team: 0.68, 0.90, 1.10, 1.13, usually no higher than a 1.30, most of the time. I know k/d doesn't mean everything, but it does stand for something. Meanwhile the people on the other team are 1.80, 2.22, 1.56, 1.12, 1.68, 2.02, and they play the objective so well. They defend it with their lives, capture flags as soon as they are taken, and shut down routes. While I'm trying to do the same thing, I've got one guy in the back of the map checking out the movie posters, one guy laying prone in some random area of the map sniping, a guy running around with an assault shield, and that one guy who I know is trying to help out, but either isn't very good at winning gun battles or isn't experienced enough to play against a team like this.

iivrruummii

The skill based matchmaking in this game is a complete joke.  If they were going to do skill based matchmaking they needed to get rid of join in progress.

limonaid

I don't feel a difference from Blops to Blops II as far as matchmaking is concerned. But I've selected my search preferences of matchmaking on the best connection. And even then, I mostly try to go at least postive when my team is unable to stop 2 or 3 players.

Maybe skill-base matchmaking is solely for League Play?

stonculd

What I believe I see happening is not one team bad players and one team all good players. I see one team with bad connections and one with good connections. The majority of the time I am in a lobby I can predict who is going to win the next match. How do I do this? I watch the previous games score. The lobby most of the time will get divided with the couple highest scoring players from the previous match, not always, but most of the time. It has nothing to do with kd or spm because I have watched that and there is no consistency to the theory. When the lobby seems divided by score fairly evenly the game is always close like within 5-10 kills, but when it's not I can tell which team will lose. I do think there are some serious matchmaking issues with this game, as well as lag comp tuning issues,and this makes for inconsistent gameplay. I can go 25&3 one game, and the next lobby I am in I will go 6&10. This is not due to ability it is matchmaking and lag compensation issues, possibly host issues as well. Sometimes I can just waste guys in gun battles right and left getting double and triple kills, the next lobby, I can't win at all. You know when you are lagging and when your not. I don't know wbat the answer is for this game, all we can do is try to have fun, and learn when we need to put it down.

biron_w

It's pretty hard to accurately judge people's skill when the connection is so unpredictable.

I can go 28-3 on game and then 13-18 the next game,in the same lobby.

Skill based matchmaking is pointless if matchmaking is broken in the first place.

This ^^^

And the the one before it.

I'm in concurrence with both.  I play league and ground war on XBox and PS3.  They both have the same lag issues.

If there were no lag issues competition would be SO much tighter.

That said, should I move closer to the server farm or away? 

Just my $.02 US.

Xxace789xX

biron_w wrote:

It's pretty hard to accurately judge people's skill when the connection is so unpredictable.

I can go 28-3 on game and then 13-18 the next game,in the same lobby.

Skill based matchmaking is pointless if matchmaking is broken in the first place.

For me, almost all matches I'll have 4 bars. Hit detection feels normal for me 99% of the time.

Regarding matchmaking, I'm having issues with the TDM playlist as 19 times out of 20, it'll say analyzing match 0 of 49 or something close to it. It'll then dump me into a lobby by myself where I can vote for the map I want. After 5 players join, the map is then locked in and as it's a freash lobby, the teams would be evenly divivded according to our stats. From there, I start camping and it usually results in my team winning by at least 10 kills and an assortment of scorestreaks and bloodthirsty medals with the ocassional VSAT and merciless medal if the other team fails to revenge kill me.

The above seems like I abuse the matchmaking for easy kills and wins, but this has occured since May 17 when they switched on double weapon XP, as such, I have to use the Uprising TDM playlist where I join a match in progress quickly 9 times out of 10. From there, it's a toss up as to whetever my team wins or not. Why do others seem not to have an issue with the Core TDM playlist?

I feel ur pain Roxas but I don't think the "Matchmaking" thing works I usually play TDM and KC, I mainly play solo and My spm is 465 and Im usually in rooms with people on my team with 245 and below and everyone on the other with like a 325+ but I don't really care if my team loses or not most of the time too many flash bang trolls and bad players playing COD it seems....

On MW3 I play nothing but objective games but everyone just seems to camp random corners no where near an objective or u got 5 retards who suck badly trying to Quick Scope.......So do what i did and switch to KC and TDM and just enjoy the game and sooner or later u will get to play against the horrible player that were on ur team and u can walk over their video game corpses

maccabi

if im playing solo the game will match me with 5 people who only have sniper rifles and cant grasp the concept of capping flags in dom.

carterdj09

see what ya got here is a prognosis of COD at its finest

i feel ya man i'll bust it in dom/hc dom and have 7-12 captures while the rest of my team feels the need to play TDM instead of dom. and then you also get the randoms who like to shoot me for my care package so i just tomohawk them in the face and  and go about my business. randoms are always going to be randoms and my winning percentage reflects that i hardly ever party up and i win a whole lot less than i lose its just the nature of the beast. just do your thing and have fun.

ShocKuMzzz

It's because you are good. I run into the same problem myself. I'm usually at the top of the lobby leaderboard in SPM and k/d ratio so I often get thrown in with the horrible kids while the other team is just running all over my team. Nothing you can do but just accept the loss and move on.

CODNoob12

I am a sub-mediocre player, at best, at least currently. I do, however, know how to play and always play the objective. I have to. It's the only way I can contribute. I'm a wrestler, I want to win!

But...but, but, but. I have to say, there is something to this. The "good" players here complaining aren't without merit. I noticed it before my hiatus and I notice it now. On a lot of maps, games, what have you, I'll always have a guy on my team who is a beast, capping B from the jump, running up score streaks and singlehandedly keeping us within distance for the first half of a domination game while the rest of us clods are hardly breaking even if we're even doing that. Meanwhile, the other team has everyone positive. There is something to this, whether its skill-based mismatching, or host issues, whatever. But I don't think this is imaginary for the better players.