10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 7:15 PM by Harv72 RSS

Double Xp disappointment

ots_dj3nvy

As the game isn't bad enough they decide to do a double xp event. Is anybody else seeing their signal fluctuate from 4 to 2 when engaging in a gun fight ?

• Re: Double Xp disappointment
    TennisEnnis18

How are those two things related in any way? Change the title.

wrecku

Yes now I get the benefit of double the lag. The differnece in game play is huge, like I am moving through quicksand and shooting rubber bullets.

Lots of red and yelo bars, I guess matchmaking based on ping and latency is out the **** ing window. Just match anybody and throw them out there.

TOTAL GARBAGE

BanHaMMer

ots_dj3nvy wrote:

As the game isn't bad enough they decide to do a double xp event. Is anybody else seeing their signal fluctuate from 4 to 2 when engaging in a gun fight ?

Yes, my Clan has stopped playing for a couple of hours. Its more annoying, than dissapointing. The game is stuttering something bad at times, go figure

Thesandman

Unless the amount of players online increases vastly,i don't see any difference. In any normal day,there are around 200K at Midday GMT,rising up to between 600k and 700k in the evenings,so unless theres 100s of thousands more,i don't see how you can attribute lag/signal fluctuations to dble xp. Btw im no expert and could be way off the mark and indeed you may be correct. I don't see how Dble xp could be seen as a negative thing.

Because of the way the game is set up (score does not always equal XP) and the fact that they feel the need to illustrate double XP every time you earn a medal in-game, that's more data which has to flow back and forth.  Also, yes: more people will play because of the double XP time frame, and the people who do play will tend to play longer.

That said, more players being online should result in lower average latency, not greater.  I just got home & haven't tried playing yet today, but I know that the last Double XP event seemed to do the opposite, and lag was much more apparent in most of my lobbies.  I anticipate the same thing happening this time, which makes as much sense as anything else related to the matchmaking in this game.

hyper72

Did you think they would get this right haha fooooools.

DBL XP is just to test the load on the servers. They have something there testing on them is the only reason for a DBL XP weekend.

635k online right now and every lobby sucks for lag so far people showing 2-3 bars.  played a few games 4 hours ago with 720k online and could at least find a lobby every now and then that was decent. They need to fix the bullshit matchmaking in the next hot fix. 

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

yes, my games have worked very well until i engage an enemy player. at THAT time, my game skips and glitches all over the place. i am forced to "pay and spray". sucks.

The lag/connectivity didn't seem any worse (or better) than usual in my Ground War lobbies tonight, but when I tried to play on Nuketown 24/7 it was horrendous.  Flipping from 4 bars to 1 bar & everything in between, lag jumping all over the map, numerous "connection interrupted" errors...it was awful.  And it wasn't made any better by the fact that I was trying to level up my KSG in those games.

What still puzzles me is that there were far more active players (and lobbies) in Nuketown than in Ground War, so again...combined with fewer players in each lobby that should result in better connections, not worse.  Well, I guess if the matchmaking system worked the way it should.