41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 1:28 PM by farah9 RSS

Solo Easter Egg

I know it's been said that it can't be done, but I'm trying to complete Richtofens side.  Just got done blowing up zombies under the pylon with monkey/rpg combination and fulfilled the body count in 1 round.  Just got EMP's so I'll keep you posted.  Also planning on  building the jet gun again to see if it has other uses than just the easter egg.

• Re: Solo Easter Egg
    ydajdimstr

Here's the only way it will work, and again you have to be lucky... Run circles at bus depot, with a portal ready on EVERY portal on the map, when you see the max ammo drop immediately run toward the bridge and lob a grenade at the teleporter... Hit the one at bus depot, grab the ammo, then jump through the same one, repeating as you go through them...

The bridge portal and depot are literally the closest ones, and the only way this can be done... Good luck, my friend...

That's pretty genius and quite simple when put in such a way.  I appreciate the info.  I teleported and got 2 off, but you know that doesn't quite do it.  I then cut off power figuring for solo that would be the way to do it.  Fail of course.  If I can pull your method off I might do a backflip.

Trip from bus depot towards bridge takes over 30 seconds.

Max ammo drop lasts ~30 seconds.

Can't be done in solo game.

Even IF you were somehow able to get there in time and teleport back to the bus depot. The drop would be gone. It's not possible in solo..

ydajdimstr

You don't run all the way lol, you toss the EMP anywhere near the light and it works... Run toward bridge for 10 seconds, toss EMP, turn and run back... As I said, luck is involved... But it is quite a simple task...

DeathBringer-Zen

It probably is possible on solo, but just not by using this method.

When you do the Richtofen on co-op, the last quote is the "Reduce the power by a factor of 4" quote, but I am positive the quote on solo is slightly different! Something like "Ein, Zwei, Drei, Vier... reduce the power by one" or something to that effect.

Still, tried a lot of different things on solo, but have still failed.

ydajdimstr

Oh, man, you're going to make me prove you wrong, eh? MrDeath, challenge accepted...

EDIT: I'm tempted to leave work early just to put one in theatre for you...

DeathBringer-Zen

You only get a few seconds window for the EMP's to work on the last step, hence the reason you can trigger the quote...

"Nein, you have missed a step! First the hut, then the power, then the flesh"

You would trigger this quote before you even made it back to the depot to EMP the second lamp.

I am positive the final quote is different on solo... so much so, that I have started a solo game to double check it.

Will let you know the results... Mr Yoda!

I was helping a buddy with Rictofen side and we couldn't get the timing right. Richtofen kept saying something like: "Nein! Simultaneously! If I wanted a mindless something, I'd have picked zombies".

Also, as a side note, we had just done Maxis in the same game.

Trunkstaylor

The thing that would worry me about this is having to emp near the max ammo. I think the distance the max ammo would have to be away from the teleporter in order for it not to disappear would be far enough of a run to reset the step. Anyone tried killing the avagodro near his cage on this step? I've had the idea before but never attempted it because most people think that's a glitch now.

ydajdimstr

And I've thought of that as well, I run depot right around the BUS STOP, and have succesfully EMPd both posts and grabbed the max... I have not, however, been able to teleport to twice without coming back on top of one already EMPd... I've only gotten that far twice, but now that you guys have casted doubt on me... I must complete it, if only to tell MrDeath and CK they can kiss my ass...

No, run trains on the bridge until you see a max ammo. Lob one to town, lob one to the one just past bridge. Grab the Max Ammo and then teleport either side and then hope your luck follows.

You need knuckes on the bridge of course in case you get caught up by Denizens. If you run between both sides, staying in the crevice on the bridge (tons of room to train btw), you will probably rarely ever see a Denizen, let alone get one on your head.

After this, the luck begins.

I believe EMPs have more range than they ever have had (15 yards?) So you can get it to go off in the air close to the lamp posts, it will work the same.

There are a lot of of things that make me think that you can do the solo easter egg, but one of the most glaring things is that richt says "reduce power by a FACTOR of 4" not just reduce the power by 4. 4 is a factor of 4, but so is 2 and so is 1.  It just seems odd that they went out of their way to word it like that.  Maybe to change it up a little bit on solo, you have to find the right lampost combo.

xtlc2003

Wait are you saying the Green Run/Tranzit Easter Egg (er "Quest" haha someone made a pickle about that on another thread) can be done with less than 4 players? This is big to me because me and my two kids play but we've never gotten outselves a 4th player but if we don't need to then all the better.

ydajdimstr

All you need is two, I proved that way early on... Ricky is so simple it's ridiculous... Use my above mentioned tactic, just with two people at portals instaed of one... As long as one of you doesn't teleport to and already EMPd location, EE done...

xtlc2003

Whoa that's awesome. Excuse the naivete but I hadn't been keeping up to much with the EE on Green Run aside from the initial release because I was 100% certain the kids and I couldn't do it for lack of a 4th player (that IRKS me that we can't do the Ascension because of that) but now it seems there's hope. Okay to clarify and sorry for asking but is this just for one part of the EE or for the entire Tower of Babel EE. If it's just for part then that's okay I'd just like to know.

ydajdimstr

You are able to complete all "known" steps to gain the achievement... You'll get yuor gamer points...

there were actually a few ee that could only be done by four players.. shangri la as well. needed 4 players to push the stone buttons and time travel. :]

cant wait for die rise. read the review of the dlc by the guy that already has it and it really sounds fun! also a new challenge to it.

Just a word of warning, me and my youngest son did the EE on split screen, I was on my account, then he logged in as player 2, but only I got the trophey. Now when he starts a game, he gets all of the lights as if he's done the EE, but has no trophey and now he can only try Maxis side. I felt so bad for him when I got the trophey, but it didn't pop for him,

D-Tach

I've been trying to do the maxis side on solo myself. I just placed a turbine that was kicking on and off at the pylon and set an electric trap near it an attempt to create more power. Nothing. I then ran back to the bus station and grabbed another turbine (I assume the original is dead) and placed it under the lamp at the bus station and got the maxis clip about 2 sides of the triangle being complete. Is there any step I can take from here for EE completion?

ydajdimstr

I was my answer was something more than, "I don't know..." DBZen is working on a SOLO version of Maxis for you guys, I'm working on Ricky... Neither of us are 100% dedicated, but we have good starts... As for Ricky, I'm making a change... You have to run around in fog close to town lava, when the MAX drops, run to middle of bridge and EMP bridge lamp, turn back toward town and EMP lamp here just before you grab the max, timing here is key... I have gotten this done twice since I've been home from work, but the teleporter keeps putting me in **** places and unless I'm super lucky it isn't going to work... I'm on solo, and Ricky still told me reduce power by four...

Train on the bridge. It is easy, feasible and denizens won't bug you if you circle around the crevice only. The deni's don't spawn on the bridge, so they must spawn to either side. If you keep going opposites sides, it sends the first one back and brings up another from the others side.

If you it right, you'll most likely never see a Deni on your head. Also, have knuckles makes it easier.

You can lob either direction from the middle, but depending on what side your max ammo is on determines your first lob and route if you have too many zombies after you.

By circle around the crevice, I mean, stay to either left or right side, run accross the top of the one side of the crevice from left to right say, then down into it to the top of the other side, now repeat.

ydajdimstr

That's an excellent idea, my friend... Next game for sure... I got two MAXs doing it from town, neither teleport jump landed anywhere I could make this work... My first jump from town brought me to the bridge... Second attempt, second jump brought me back to town... I'm on rnd 20 now, and could not possibly do the bridge idea now... Nonetheless, thanks for your contribution, it seems feasible and I will be trying later this evening...

Looks like DBZen won't be posing for the camera today...

Round 21 no downs, mustang and sally and a regular hammer.  Just need my emps.

no matter what happens i just wanted to tell you guys thx for all the effort on both and that this is a great thread!! fun read haha.. thx!!

Trunkstaylor

Tried trapping the avagodro back in the power room at the last step of richtofen side. Did nothing. Turned power off did nothing. Turned power on, shot lightning like the first time avagodro is released but still did nothing. That idea is debunked. Just got emp grenades to try solo with max ammo and game freeze. So onto a new game later to try destroying buildables again I guess.

Lunar---tick

I seen a video of an emp taking down a hunter killer drone from a very long distance, there are a couple of lights near each other and obviously it would rely on luck on teleporting.

The idea would be stand near one and throw it as far as you can towards the next light, maybe you might be able to bring down two lights with one emp. Teleport and with luck do it again depending where you land.

I have not tried this but maybe worth experimenting with emp range. I'd do it before EE in various locations, go back and watch the footage an see if it work to save wasting time

teleporter at bridge is close to both town and depot. maybe drop an emp there and see if it knocks out other lights aswell. OR throw two emps either direction, get max ammo then emp the bridge and where you land.

just thinking out loud, also maybe an emp between the lights around the cornfield.