1 2 3 4 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 11:53 AM by Gerbera Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    Izjar11

I have no idea when EMP nades got so popular, I think people have finally realized at how OP they are.

Its not that they are OP ~ things evolve in the game we all become more aware of what other equipment are good at this is normal.

But pretty much EMP nades makes using Sentry Guns and Guardians completetly useless. EMP nades should not destroy them, it should only disable them for like 10-15 seconds, not completetly destroy

The person who uses the EMP grenade has to be a calculated and effort attempt to take out equipment without dying. Now the EMP grenade taking out the equipment is totally fine its meant for that. You can't knife these two so allow something that helps is totally fine.

I played Domination and every Sentry Gun I placed or Guardian were destroyed instantly by people randomly tossing EMP nades, and since EMP nades have a ridiculous range and go through walls, it makes using scorestreaks Sentry Gun and Guardian and complete waste. Score streaks should not be taken out so easily by one EMP nad

This is something I like about this game, the fact that there is always something that counters is why this game has the best balance from previous titles. To your "random" topic they were not thrown randomly they were thrown at your equipment because your equipment was an obstacle. Sounds fair to me!

Whats the point of using Sentry Gun or Guardians anymore? Its a waste now. One measly EMP nade takes it out. In order to balance it, they should make it so that is does NOT destroy the Sentry or Guardian but rather just disable it for 10-15 seconds. Atleast that would make using the Sentry and Guardian worth it.

I do not know how you play the game, but from what you write it seems your placing your equipment on the objective! Place them with better care and your precious equipments will be safer.

Overall you do not have a bad post just a poor excuse to how others decide to take our your equipment.

• 11. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians

First, I don't know why everyone seems to assume that every EMP grenade that takes out their Scorestreak is "randomly thrown". With Engineer equipped, it is easy enough to spot and hit a poorly-placed Guardian or Sentry Gun, even over uildings.

Which brings me to my second point: As ghamorra stated above, a WELL-placed Guardian or Sentry Gun can be EXTREMELY powerful. It only makes sense to have an equally powerful counter to them in the EMP grenade.

However, I do believe that the blast radius of the EMP is a little excessive. One grenade should not be able to clear every device out of an entire house on Nuketown, IMO. A room or two maybe, but not the entire house.

• 12. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    Betterthanu

Actually scientifically there is no such thing as an EMP grenade. Its a device made up in the game so there is not backing on how exactly it works. Which is why it is overpowered when compared to the other tacticals in the game and their blast radius.

• 13. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    Bigmoose589

aahahahaha an EMP is a real device

• 14. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    Betterthanu

Exactly! Emp grenades are a good idea for a counter in the game but its their blast radius that makes them OP. Reduce the blast radius to that of a concussion so it actually takes some effort to take out a sentry/guardian. And since Treyarch says they base all their nerfs on "real world" support, this shouldn't be a problem to fix seeing as there is no EMP grenade in real life.

• 15. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    offthewall2

Tacticals are worth more than kills, they can directly counter somebody using Danger Close or a Sentry/Guardian, which is lethal in objective based modes. I wish more of my teammates used tacticals, an extra trophy on B would be nice.

If anybody is on PS3 and hates losing, send me a request. I hate being on B while taking out multiple enemies before I die 1ms from the cap. PSN: offthewall2112

• 16. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    bawi

How about this?

Best I can do.

• 17. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    Betterthanu

An emp GRENADE. You must have missed the second part of that so I capped it for you this time.

• 18. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    Bigmoose589

EMP nades are real. do a search on google..

• 19. Re: EMP nades should not destroy sentry guns or guardians
    Betterthanu

Just did. Still in development as far as I read. Technology is out there but not fully developed. http://www.tgdaily.com/security-brief/67629-pentagon-eyes-advanced-emp-grenades

All it is right now is an idea. So no there is no such thing as a EMP grenade in real life.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next