14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 1:05 PM by BACONndEGGS RSS

Sensor grenade?? Useless

I equipped this thinking it would be like the portable radar from mw3. Turns out i was wrong. You throw it, and in three seconds it explodes. Into little pieces neside not detecting anything. What the hell am i ever going to use that for?

• Re: Sensor grenade?? Useless
    zvers

Lol Yeah, it's pretty useless IMO too. Much better off with ANY of the other tactical's.

dude it looks like a ******* pokeball. throw and say go magikarp and youll get so many kills!

dude it looks like a ******* pokeball. throw and say go magikarp and youll get so many kills!

Izjar11

The one piece of equipment that I say needs to be improved is this one, it needs to not only highlight the enemy to you but your team and provide assistance points.

They have destroyed what recon was in MW3.

I always lol when one comes through a door or round a corner and just goes 'Pfft' and disappears!

It's a giveaway that you are coming without providing any help like the flashbang or concussion would.

I just started experimenting with these recently.  They are slightly useful in that they basically give you a short-lived VSAT covering a small area, but they're nowhere near as beneficial as EMP grenades, shock charges, or even concussions and flashes.  They might be more useful in game modes like Hardpoint and HQ where you'll often be trying to push several enemies out of a small area.

Gerbera

I'm sure it has to do with all the Portable Radar complaints from MW3 and all, lol.

It's really meant more for quick scouting than anything. Like others, toss it into a room where you believe a camper might be and, assuming they're not using Cold Blooded, they and anyone else in the room will be lit up.

Several times I or others have tossed in a Flashbang, Concussion, EMP, or something and we'd hit one person, but there'd be another person(s) there too (it only gives 1 hitmarker to reveal there is definitely at least 1 person, but it doesn't say how many) in a different spot(s), so when we move in to kill the one immediate person, we'd get gunned by another camper from the side or right behind in the corner by the door or something.

TRU11

it actually highlights a player like the vsat but only for a limited time.

in the right hands its very usefull.

monkeylord

The sensor grenade is awesome seriously and not just for it's temp VSAT effect, the trick is to toss it either in a high arc or through doorways, before it hits the ground keep an eye on it as a laser beam points to excactly where the enemy is even ghost users, also it's end of life detonation takes out any betty,shocks and claymores within a decent radius making it the perfect tool to assault people who are locked down.

You just need to use it in the right areas like up and over the bus on aftermath where it's laser will show you which direction the enemy are heading in or to safely clear tricky multiple path choke points, thrown indiscriminately they appear weaker than they are.

ogmantis

The sensor grenade is very helpful on the slums map......throw it over the big walls and it will tell you everytime where they are camping waiting for you to come through the openings..........try it next time your on slums you'll be amazed.

Im_A_Drag85

i'm gonna give it a shot tonight...never used the silly looking thing

It works if your a rusher to clear rooms if your looking to.sit back and camp with it nope its not your baby monitor